Capquest

manf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all its a long time since i,ve been on here............

well to cut a long story short i had a debt with Littlewoods back in 1996 and i paid it off. Then about 4 years ago Ruthbridge contacted me and said i owed them over 2 and half grand.I went down the normal route of cca,s etc. In the end they gave up and now they have sold it to Capquest. who have benn trying to get that money out of me for the last year and a half. I sent them the normal letter of not acknowledging the debt didn't hear from them for months.

Last night I recieved a letter with a stat demand and they said if I don't reply by 18 days the with file for bankruptcy Iam really worried now please can some one give me some advice on what to do know please

many thanks

hi manf

first thing is to get this stat demand set asside and get crappy quest to pay you a few hundred quid in costs

this debt will be stat barred any way

poor crappy quest

hang tight

back in a mo

Thanks guys guess what like a plum I have just rang Capquest because I'm so worried and he said its not statued barred because when I sent a letter to Ruthbridge I paid a pound off the balance............... also I told him I don't acknowledge the debt and he said its 2 seperate issures here. please help guys I'm really worried now he told me to write them a letter giving them as much info as possible and they will investigate the problem I asked him how long it would take and he said he dosen't know as far as Iam concerned this debt was paid off but I have't any proof because it was from 1996.............

thanks guys

Sam

lets make one thing clear

the pound was for the cca request

if they decide to credit it to the balance, thats there problem

chill on this

they are there to wind you up and its working

tell them they issued the stat demand while ruthbridge were in default of the cca request

that will shut him up

if you feel conferdant in dealing with these jokers

you start winding them up

they have no case

1996 to 2002 is six years which means stat barred

ruthbridge contacted you 2005

do the maths

its history

thank you so so much evry1 I'm at work reading this better go case get told off lmao would it be alright if someone can post a link for me please so I know what letters I have to send Capquest please I have already sent them a stat barred letter a couple of months ago I'm sorry for repeating myself I'm just worried I will log on again when I gey home from work

cheers

Sam

Get this set aside - and I URGE you to report this to the OFT - another DCA kept doing this and had restrictions placed on them by the OFT - The Office of Fair Trading: OFT imposes requirements on 1st Credit over debt collection practices - Do you still have your recorded delivery slip and CCA request which you sent to Ruthbridge ? It seems obvious that they have passed on the debt whilst it was in dispute with Ruthbridge !!! (the judge will not be happy !!) It may be the fact that it was statute barred when Ruthbridge got their hands on (as they are well known for chasing statute barred debts)....!!

Thanks 42 man for replying Iam really gratefull I dont want to sound thick but can you please tell me what number of the template letters i have to send please and how i get this problem set aside ? Im really sorry but its been so long since i've been on here I need a bit of help

but I KNOW I can always turn to this fantastic site if I need help

Sam