Jump to content

HSBC paid off credit card with overdraft - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4233 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts



I was hoping someone could give me some advice, I had a business account with HSBC and a commercial card. I ran into some difficulty with the business and ran up a balance on the card. After missing payments HSBC started taking payments from the business account unilaterally and then when there was no more money in the business account they paid off the card through the business account and transferred the business account (which was now severly overdrawn) to MCS.


I was hoping someone could advise me whether there was anything I could do in terms of disputing this, I was going to CCA the card but this effectively no longer exists.


Not sure what I can do as they have inflated the debt owed by a number of charges.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya 928ash and welcome to the HSBC forum :)


Unfortunately this is allowed, its known as the banks right of set off :cool: they are allowed to use money from one account to offset a debt in another account. They are also allowed to pass the "debt" to a DCA but don't worry Metro a'rnt really a DCA they are just HSBC employees using a different letter head :rolleyes:.


Just because they have closed your card account doesn't mean it doesn't exist anymore. You should still be able to get copies of statements going back 6 years if you don't already have them and there is nothing to stop you claiming back the charges.



Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...