• Tweets

• Good afternoon, I am writing because I am very frustrated. I received a parking fine from MET Parking Services Ltd , ( Southgate park Stansted CM24 1PY) . We stopped for a quick meal in Mcdonalds and were there fir around 30 mins. We always do this after flights and never received a parking fine before.  Reason: The vehicle left in Southgate car park without payment made for parking and the occupants southgate premises. they took some pictures of us leaving the car. i did not try and appeal it yet as I came across many forums that this is a scam and I should leave it. But I keep getting threatening letters.  Incident happened : 23/10/2023 I did contact Mcdonalds and they said this:  Joylyn (McDonald’s Customer Services) 5 Apr 2024, 12:05 BST Dear Laura, Thank you for contacting McDonald’s Customer Services. I’m sorry to hear that you have received a Parking Charge Notice following your visit to our Stansted restaurant.   We've introduced parking restrictions at some of our restaurants to make sure there are always parking spaces available for customers.   We appreciate that some visits such as birthday parties or large group visits might take longer and the parking restrictions aren't intended to stop this. If you think your stay will exceed the stated maximum parking time then please speak to a manager in advance.   Your number plate is scanned by our Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) system when you enter our car park, and then again when you leave. If you have overstayed the maximum time allowed, you will not be notified straight away- a Parking Charge Notice will be sent to you via the post.   If you feel that a Parking Charge Notice has been issued in error, please contact our approved contractors who issued the charge in order to appeal the charge. Unfortunately McDonald's are unable to revoke parking tickets- the outcome of the appeal is final and cannot be overturned by McDonald’s.   Many thanks for taking the time to contact McDonald’s Customer Services.   Can someone please help me out and suggest what I should do next?  Thank you 
    • Good Evening, I've got a fairly simple question but I'll provide some context incase needed. I've pursued a company that has operations in england despite them having no official office anywhere. I've managed to find a site they operate from and the papers there have been defended so I know they operate there. They've filed a defence which is honestly the worst defence ever, and despite being required to provide their witness evidence, they have not and have completely ignored the courts and my request for copies of it. I'm therefore considering applying to strike out their defence on the grounds the defence was rubbish and that they haven't provided any evidence for the trial. However, it has a trial date set for end of june, and a civil application wouldn't get heard until a week before then, so hardly worth it. However, my local court is very good at dealing with paper applications (i.e ones that don't need hearings, and frankly I think they are literally like 1-2 days from when you submit it to when a Judge sees it. I'm wondering if I can apply to strikeout a defence without a hearing OR whether a hearing is required for a strikeout application.   Thanks
    • I have just opened another bank acc with lloyds (i have a few already) After doing some research they may have some relation to tsb or be apart of the same group will this cause me issue if my salary is paid into my lloyds account? Also, if the debts do go into default and nothing is paid then after 6 years it all goes away? As the DCAs cannot do anything? I do want to start paying in like 3/4 months or do you advise I leave it if it goes into default? again sorry for all the questions, i am just processing everything
    • one reply only  follow post 2 of letter of claim <<clickme link. dx
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

logbook loans.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello all nice forum. passing the web address to my solicitor tomorrow.

right my problem. i have never heard of logbook loans i dont have a loan with them (and after looking though your forum i hope people will stay far away from them)

4 months ago i bought a car private. i did all the checks had rac look over the car and everything was fine UNTIL LAST FRIDAY 9TH OCT. knock on my door two guys bailiffs. we have come to take the car for outstanding loan to logbook. i explained it was clear finance when i bought it. how did they get my address and why are they asking me about something i know nothing about.

any way i got in the car and drove off (i parked it up but for the life of me a cant remember were ;))

when i bought the car 7/7/2009 i did all the checks and everything was fine. the bailiffs have been back today looking for the car (god were did i put it :-D) and gave me numbers to call LOGBOOK LOANS. i called them and asked whos loan was it and when was it taken out. it was a logbook loan against the car amount £2800. i told them i had the logbook with the car. i sent it off for new keeper . they might be called logbook loans but they dont hold the logbook till loan is payed off its a verbal thing. anyway i asked for more info I.E when loan was taken out and who by.

now this is the good bit

loan taken out 24/7/2009 i bought the car 7/7/2009 :eek:

loan taken out by last owner.

also anyone looking at buying a car LOGBOOK LOANS does not show-up as outstanding finance.

called straight to solicitors expained everything to them now just waiting for out come. also i called into local police station and they gave me a crime number to stop removal of car as it was mine before loan was taken out and this was fraud but they did say its going to be a long fight.

has anyone else bought a car that when doing all the checks it came back as clear only to find its not.

hello all nice forum. passing the web address to my solicitor tomorrow.

right my problem. i have never heard of logbook loans i dont have a loan with them (and after looking though your forum i hope people will stay far away from them)

4 months ago i bought a car private. i did all the checks had rac look over the car and everything was fine UNTIL LAST FRIDAY 9TH OCT. knock on my door two guys bailiffs. we have come to take the car for outstanding loan to logbook. i explained it was clear finance when i bought it. how did they get my address and why are they asking me about something i know nothing about.

any way i got in the car and drove off (i parked it up but for the life of me a cant remember were ;))

when i bought the car 7/7/2009 i did all the checks and everything was fine. the bailiffs have been back today looking for the car (god were did i put it :-D) and gave me numbers to call LOGBOOK LOANS. i called them and asked whos loan was it and when was it taken out. it was a logbook loan against the car amount £2800. i told them i had the logbook with the car. i sent it off for new keeper . they might be called logbook loans but they dont hold the logbook till loan is payed off its a verbal thing. anyway i asked for more info I.E when loan was taken out and who by.

now this is the good bit

also anyone looking at buying a car LOGBOOK LOANS does not show-up as outstanding finance.

called straight to solicitors expained everything to them now just waiting for out come. also i called into local police station and they gave me a crime number to stop removal of car as it was mine before loan was taken out and this was fraud but they did say its going to be a long fight.

has anyone else bought a car that when doing all the checks it came back as clear only to find its not.

Hello and Welcome.

What a bummer.

Have you read the stickys at the top of the forum? Well worth a read.

First off, the Crime Number the Police gave you have you given this to the LBL? As you say its Fraud from the previous owner. Do you have a reciept for the sale of the car? If you have copy it and keep safe.

You will need to see if the BoS is valid, request a copy from the lenders, if they have nothing to hide they should give you a copy. Then check to see if its valid. A valid BoS must be stamped within 7 clear days of the date at the ( I think) royal court, it must be signed by a witness, their printed name, address and occupation/ they cannot be "someone who profits" from the sale, commision. Get a copy and if you can get it on the forum, omit the personal details.

Now you can go to County Court to get a Ex parte injunction and serve LbL to stop them taking the car, if they do they are in big trouble.

Now the Baliff/s who turned up to take the car, did you ask to see their Baliff valid certificate? they are agents not baliffs, they have no power. When acting on a BoS, they must have a copy with them, otherwise they cannot enforce. A lot of these agents, spout legal stuff, they call the police, the officer is not aware of the BoS, so you need to be on the ball.

Have a read up on the stickys and ex parte post.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Trooper

Have you noticed that we are seeing more consumers coming on the forum lately with this issue??

Could it be that Log Book Loans have introduced a new internal policy??

luc1

Qplate

and now this one

not forgetting werecarless and NickyB...........

What are they up to I wonder????

Definately agree with the actions taken by cctv engineer...and your advise. Your advise if taken, will definately keep them tied up for a while in red tape (ha,ha).

Very shrewed of cctv to ask them when the loan was taken out as well -

my mind boggles as to why anyone would give them a car on their 'say so' that they have a Bill of Sale (it has to be at least legal first) then, it needs to relate to you before they can even begin to suggest you are to be held liable for someone else's debt.....they must give a very persuasive blurb, when they approach consumers when they do this I think - there's just No Way you would give them the time of day....

Anyway, best of luck cctv engineer, you and your car are more than safe by the sounds of things : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Hey Trooper

Have you noticed that we are seeing more consumers coming on the forum lately with this issue??

Could it be that Log Book Loans have introduced a new internal policy??

luc1

Qplate

and now this one

not forgetting werecarless and NickyB...........

What are they up to I wonder????

Definately agree with the actions taken by cctv engineer...and your advise. Your advise if taken, will definately keep them tied up for a while in red tape (ha,ha).

Very shrewed of cctv to ask them when the loan was taken out as well -

my mind boggles as to why anyone would give them a car on their 'say so' that they have a Bill of Sale (it has to be at least legal first) then, it needs to relate to you before they can even begin to suggest you are to be held liable for someone else's debt.....they must give a very persuasive blurb, when they approach consumers when they do this I think - there's just No Way you would give them the time of day....

Anyway, best of luck cctv engineer, you and your car are more than safe by the sounds of things : )

I suspect that they changed their internal process due to the fact they have been under the spot light, media, tv, etc etc. They still are screwing it up, this more than likly the loal managers not training there staff properly or not understanding the BoS process.

Nicky Bodmin & CCTV seem to be on the ball, all we can do really is to get caggers to look i the right direction, see through the BS that these muppets pump out.

I would never take these guys with thier word, they have no honor, we seem to be a means to and end and it seems to be all about numbers.

trooper68

Trooper68:)

• 1 month later...
I suspect that they changed their internal process due to the fact they have been under the spot light, media, tv, etc etc. They still are screwing it up, this more than likly the loal managers not training there staff properly or not understanding the BoS process.

Nicky Bodmin & CCTV seem to be on the ball, all we can do really is to get caggers to look i the right direction, see through the BS that these muppets pump out.

I would never take these guys with thier word, they have no honor, we seem to be a means to and end and it seems to be all about numbers.

trooper68

Hi all i am not a safe as i thought. i still have the car but i was served with papers from court for £5000. but i am glad about this. as it means i can now fight it.

remember my first post : i have never delt with lbl i bought a car and did all the checks before hand and everything came back clear. then 5 months down the line bailiffs at my door at night.

i went to trading standards who were not helpfull at all. while i was in the office she called logbook loans chatted for a bit then she put the phone down and told me to return the car to them.

what i am now looking for is anyone on this forum who bought a car did all the checks and were clear at time you bought the car. when i did my checks.

done by car checker

history = clear

mot = millage match

finance = clear

value = £2.800 to £3.200

now the court letter lbl says they are going after me for the book price of the car. there book price they have told the court is £5000.

also reading a post on here. if companys like car checker do checks and you find it was wrong . then you can claim from them.............. lbl do not register it till payment has stopped. i had the car 5 months. i cant claim from car checker as at the time i bought it it had no finance claim on it.

so again anyone else who has this problem then please pm me.

Hi CCTV,

I recently had a loan with Mobile Money (grabbers) who are identical in almost every way to lbl. I paid them off at a vastly reduced rate and they told me all markers were removed from my vehicle.

About a week later i did a check with carcheck and it brought up a "bad debt" still registered. I rang carcheck and told them i had a CLEAR hpi check report and they told me that debts from log book loan lenders were not classed as finance and therefore dont show up on standard HPI reports.

They had to ring MM and ask them if they can remove the debt from their records.

WTF?!?!?!?!?

Also they get their info regarding "bad debts" from the log book loan company direct and they class this as a third party information source. And guess what their gurantees for incorrect information does NOT cover?

you guessed it THIRD PARTY DATA SOURCES!!!

So in regards to getting money from incorrect information from carcheck.... you're screwed.

However id LOVE to be in the court room with ya and see lol get their grubby little smirks wiped off their faces.

Of course they wont turn up.... so hey ho!!

UKD

• 4 weeks later...
Hi all i am not a safe as i thought. i still have the car but i was served with papers from court for £5000. but i am glad about this. as it means i can now fight it.

remember my first post : i have never delt with lbl i bought a car and did all the checks before hand and everything came back clear. then 5 months down the line bailiffs at my door at night.

i went to trading standards who were not helpfull at all. while i was in the office she called logbook loans chatted for a bit then she put the phone down and told me to return the car to them.

what i am now looking for is anyone on this forum who bought a car did all the checks and were clear at time you bought the car. when i did my checks.

done by car checker

history = clear

mot = millage match

finance = clear

value = £2.800 to £3.200

now the court letter lbl says they are going after me for the book price of the car. there book price they have told the court is £5000.

also reading a post on here. if companys like car checker do checks and you find it was wrong . then you can claim from them.............. lbl do not register it till payment has stopped. i had the car 5 months. i cant claim from car checker as at the time i bought it it had no finance claim on it.

so again anyone else who has this problem then please pm me.

This is so similar to mine, i have had my car over a year and only just been aproached by these people,

they want me to pay to keep the car or they r gonna reprocess it. i have recently parked it somewhere, but i think i had a black out cuz i cant remember where. Took battery out too. Apparently the reason it didnt come up on HPI as having debt on it, is because at some point it got taken off.....apparently by mistake......i did a RAC check yesterday and it was still off..........seems like it is their mess but im still bein chased. I had till today to pay half of what is owed and the car will be released to me, but on other information i got from people who have done that they have still had bailiffs comin to the door and havin their car taken, i even heard one person burnt the car n scrapped it, told the bailiffs n company where it was and the bailiffs were still comin to the house to get it even tho they know it is at the scrappy. I have now gone to a solicitor for advice, they may b costly but i spent over a grand on my car and about 500 quid on repairs so im not gonna give it up without a fight. according to the DVLA i OWN the car not them. plus i got the BOS and the previous owner is the one liable not me.

Hopefully these people can be closed down sooner rather then later.

How is this possible? do LBL not have to see the vehicle before they loan against it?

UKD

yes they do. and take photos. anyway here is my update. all this about hide the car and everything does not help. i now have a court order to pay lbl £5145 this was dont without any contact to me or my solicitor. as you know from my first post i do not have a loan from lbl i bought the car from paper. i did all checks and they were clear. my solicitor has contacted the last owner who had a loan for £1000 and he did not pay the last £300 of his loan. and he has made a statment that lbl has never contacted him. lbl have told the court the book value of the car is £5000 and court costs of £145. the day i bought the car parkers book was £2900 and to day it is £2600-£2800 how can they lie to the courts and get away with it.

now ANYONE WHO HAS BOUGHT A CAR THAT HAS A LBL ON IT PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR PROBLEM SO AS MY SOLICITOR CAN TIE EVERYTHING TOGETHER FOR THE APPEAL,

ANYONE WHO HAS BOUGHT A CAR THAT HAS A LBL ON IT PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR PROBLEM SO AS MY SOLICITOR CAN TIE EVERYTHING TOGETHER FOR THE APPEAL,

Hi, Im taking LBL to court in March.

I'm in the same situation as you really, but I contacted LBL to make sure the car was free from finance, anyway once I contacted them, they told me the car was free from finance - previous owners boyfriend completed the finance in full 6wks prior.

Anyway 6 months down the line... they took my car at 6:45am!

Found out the payment has been contested by the boyfriend, apparently that LBL had to give him back the money without disputing this!?

After a few heated conversations with LBL - them telling me that they were always going to keep interest in the car for at least 3 months....

if this was the case I would not of brought the car, especially at a risk of losing thousands.

Still, I wont let this go.... so roll on March!!

cctv. I dont get it?

If they took a logbook loan out on the car and you didnt do an official hpi check (not one of these 3rd rate cheapos)then thats tough and you should have, ordering a new duplicate logbook once its been handed over to LBL isnt hard and it doesnt make the loan void. Thats the whole point of the HPI

What confuses me is how it can valid if you were the owner?!?!

I know logbook loans do an ownership check with the DVLA How could this have happened. Either youre missing part of the story out and they saw the car at the time of signing, or you have nothing to answer and they dont have a leg to stand on, not doing the checks they legally have to do to enforce the agreement. You have nothing to answer with them?

Edited by boocoo

cctv. I dont get it?

If they took a logbook loan out on the car and you didnt do an official hpi check (not one of these 3rd rate cheapos)then thats tough and you should have, ordering a new duplicate logbook once its been handed over to LBL isnt hard and it doesnt make the loan void. Thats the whole point of the HPI system.

What confuses me is how it can valid if you were the owner?!?!

I know logbook loans do an ownership check with the DVLA (possible the new V5 wouldnt have reached them by then so the previous owners name still came back) but also they insist on seeing the car at the time of signing the loan and check the chasis against the logbook to check its not just a hire car with false plates on.(they even take a photo of the chasis and owner next to the car to prove this happened if it goes to court)

How could this have happened. Either youre missing part of the story out and they saw the car at the time of signing, or you have nothing to answer and they dont have a leg to stand on, not doing the checks they legally have to do to enforce the agreement. You have nothing to answer with them?

logbook loans do not hold logbooks. i got the original logbook from the customer and checks with dvla duplicate has never been raised for my car. hpi check. yes i would have been insured if the check was not right. but i also have there report at the time i bought the car that it was clear. so i cant claim for the amount i paid for the car.

now this is the good bit

Ignore all the BOS stuff as it cannot possibly be valid as the 'seller' did not hold title to the goods and concentrate on the most important legal point.

You had title of the vehicle from 7/7/2009

The loan was taken out on the 24/7/2009

You did not take the loan out.

The previous owner took out the loan.

On the 24/7/2009 the previous owner had no title to the vehicle as it belonged to you.

The log book loan was obtained fraudulently and LBL have no claim against you in law.

This is a criminal matter and the problem exists between lbl and the previous owner who committed fraud.

You are not involved, and are not liable, don't let this dodgy company threaten you or intimidate you into believing they own the vehicle. If they seize the car at any time report it immediately as theft.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

CCTV

If you did a HPI check and it was clear then LBL cant take your car, they have a duty to make sure all their loans are put on the HPI list. If they dont

So 1) they didnt register HPI and 2) they cant have seen the car.

LBL are rip off merchants and cause nothing but misery but theres one thing tou can say and thats they cover themselves, and both of these things stagers me in a company their size who know all the tricks, but is good news for you

Edited by boocoo