help!Cabot Finance and ccj

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My x has had various letters from cabot finance sent to my address re a debt from MBNA(now £9000). Today he got a court summons re this debt (recognise the address on letter from debts x had when he left). He hasnt lived at my address for over 5 yrs. I keep sending them back, and telling him to sort it but he doesnt. He reckons he hasnt paid anything for over 6 yrs and he doesnt have to pay anything. he told me just to post it back.I think they are going to try for a charging order ( x still has name on house). What should I do? What does x have to do?

the prob is a creditor will serve an n1 claim form to the last known address

you need to contact cabot, who are not very bright, and ask them to withdraw the claim form

then send the request in writing to cabot by recorded delievery

dca like getting judgement by default by sending claim forms to a previouse address

X sounds like a **** for not addressing this problem himself. This is his problem, he should sort it out.Doesn't sound like he wants too.

Just so you know, if a creditor does get a charging order on debts in your partners name, it is only on the equity he owns. So should you ever sell the property, you don't lose your share.

The concern is, if he hasn't lived with you for 5 years, is he still paying his share of the mortgage.Why is his name still on the deeds.

He's screwed. Cabot and their performing chimps in Morgans Solicitors are not obliged, and are excluded from anyway, to talk to you about it.

The best thing you can do is send, recorded delivery, a letter to the claimant AND the court (I imagine it's Northampton?) stating that the defendant no longer lives at the address indicated on the claim form.

That way he can, if he ever bothers his lazy backside to do so, challenge the CCJ that is a dead certainty in light of his refusal to get his head out of the sand, on the basis that the claimant was well aware that the papers were served on an incorrect address.