Urgent Advice

andyathers
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello, myself and my wife are just entering into our 2nd year on a DMP with payplan.One of our creditors natwest have been ruthless in chasing us.They already have a CCJ and charging order for the tesco loan.

They now have written to us via shoosmiths and are demanding the balance of our natwest loan and natwest overdraft £12,000 totalish.

My letter just asks for the loan and overdraft, but my wifes letter demands the loan, overdraft and the MORTGAGE total £89,000.

We have never missed our mortgage payment,and never missed on the DMP payments.

Payplan havenet said much, they just wanted me to forward the paperwork to them.Has anyone got ny ideas.

hello andy

gosh im sorry to hear this , and i personally dont have enough legal knowledge to say what is best to do

but i would ask now that they are doing this even though payplan say to send off the paperwork to them, what exactly are they going to do for you have payplan said?

also have you asked for a copy of each of your credit agreements? cant on the overdraft... and also what about if you did a subject access request for all your natwest accounts ie paying the 10.00 for this info, it will or should give you everything natwest hold on you and your personal and account info

just my initial thoughts

however, if say you dont get anyone giving you help by later this eve

then click on the red triangle, i know it says report post - dont worry it will alert the site team and im sure one of the nice people here will come along and give you some more indications

however, would suggest you take a look at the other natwest threads in the meantime and see if you can follow anyone elses journey and match up perhaps to the problems you are now facing

good luck but above all dont worry unduly - i will look in later to see what kind of responce you have had

these fabalous people on cag have helped me in the past year so much - i hope to return the favour with what knowledge i have to others

keep positive laters angel x

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

Andy

Sorry I haven't got the knowledge to help you but the first thing to say is

DON'T SEND ANY COURT CLAIM TO PAYPLAN 'COS THEY WON'T DEFEND IT FOR YOU.

2nd

Please can you post up the docs you have been sent (after removing your personal details). That way, those 'in the know' will have a starting point to try & help.

3rd

While you're waiting for help get the CCA requests off for the loan & SAR's for the loan, overdraft & mortgage. CCA costs £1, SAR's £10. Send them recorded delivery.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca

These will help to prove whether the agreements are enforceable & whether there are charges that can be reclaimed.

I know it's easy to say but don't panic - CAG will help you.

Is this a court claim you have received or just a letter from the solicitors ?

As already requested, can you please scan in and paste the letter/claim form here for us to have a look at.

Is the mortgage in joint names ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Andy,

Have you started a claim of your own re the bank charges ? If so, and it has been stayed along with the rest of us.. then you can enter a counter claim in your defence and hopefully that will put a cat among the pigeons.

Right, having read your post properly.. you have just received a letter threatening court action. You havent actually received a court claim :oops:

Ok, you are in a DMP with Payplan, so I am not sure why they have become agressive.

Have you received the following and when :

A Default Notice

A Termination Notice

Meanwhile, I will try and get someone with more knowledge to look in on you. Site team are incredibly busy at the moment, so it might be tomorrow before you get a response.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello I have sent complaints to f.ombudsman for natwest and for shoosmiths, sent them recorded delivery.

If natwest insist on pursuing this, can i defend the claim because the owe me £1,000s in bank charges,I have registered a claim with them.Obviously this is for th overdraft.The loan is a different matter, I requested a cca and its seems fine.

Hello I have sent complaints to f.ombudsman for natwest and for shoosmiths, sent them recorded delivery.

If natwest insist on pursuing this, can i defend the claim because the owe me £1,000s in bank charges,I have registered a claim with them.Obviously this is for th overdraft.The loan is a different matter, I requested a cca and its seems fine.

Yes, andy..if you wish to defend any claim they make against you, you can enter a counterclaim for the outstanding charges.

BCOBS

Hello Just recieved new letters from shoosmiths solicitors,they have taken off the claim for the mortgage.There was no apology though.It caused great distress.

I have sent complaints to the financial ombudsman, from myself and my wife .

S now whatdo i do, the loan is ok the CCA looks perfectly enforceable. But they owe me a small fortune in bank charges. £2000, that without interest.

So what do I do now

Hello Just recieved new letters from shoosmiths solicitors,they have taken off the claim for the mortgage.There was no apology though.It caused great distress.

I have sent complaints to the financial ombudsman, from myself and my wife .

S now whatdo i do, the loan is ok the CCA looks perfectly enforceable. But they owe me a small fortune in bank charges. £2000, that without interest.

So what do I do now

Had you started a claim for the bank charges ?.

How much difference would the bank charges make to the overall amount owed to the bank. (not including the mortgage as that isnt in arrears)

At the moment, you havent had a claim issued against you. This appears to be either a nasty threatogram or a letter before Action.

Either one, not nice as you are on a DMP.

If a cliam were to be issue against you, you could counterclaim the Bank charges. Any default notice or claim would probably be incorrect if the sum asked for did actually include those charges.

BCOBS