style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

need some advice please. My other half has a debt with barclaycard, been running for almost 4 years. He's always paid on time, and every year a letter from them arrived to say 'due for annual review' so, as his finances improved, has upped the payment. He thought all was running ok. The debt started at £3600 and has £990 left to go.

However, today he gets a call from Calder Finance, please ring back......

He has never heard of these people, but rings anyway, to be informed that they have taken over his outstanding payments from Barclaycard, and that he needs to pay the full amount outstanding or be passed to a debt management firm. He explains that he has not been informed of this, and indeed has never missed a payment, and does not understand the reason for this.

He tried to ring Barclaycard on the number on the last letter, only to be passed straight to Calder. They explained to him that the original debt was on a time limit to be repaid, and that that time had passed. Unfortunately, no-one told my OH about this, and had no idea that this debt was on a timer. They have insisted that he clears the debt in FOUR PAYMENTS OF £200+.

I'm going to draught a 'very stiff letter of complaint' to Barclaycard, but would appreciate some thoughts.

Many thanks

the train of thought has left the station, hope i was on the right platform!!

Lloyds TSB

prelim sent 06/07/06 response rec'd 14/07/06

LBA sent 20/07/06 response rec'd 27/07/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/08/06 Ack'd 30/08/06

Defence filed 26/09/06 AQ filed 12/10/06

hearing set for 10th Jan 2007

Cap One

prelim sent 2nd Nov 2006 First offer rec'd 14th Nov

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.

Hi MBQ,

I assume you've been paying monthly to clear the debt but you're no longer spending on the a/c.

Send Calders a CCA request with the £1 fee - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter

They have no right to suddenly demand the payments they want and you should not speak to them at all. If they call again, simply tell them they must put anything they have to say in writing, then hang up.

Don't bother with a "stiff" letter to BC - they'll ignore it. The CCA will be far more effective.

Are there any penalty charges on the a/c in the last 6 years, or mis-sold PPI. If so these can be reclaimed , with interest.

If you need a/c statements for the last 6 years to check on this, send a SAR with the £10 fee - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for your speedy reply Slick.

the train of thought has left the station, hope i was on the right platform!!

Lloyds TSB

prelim sent 06/07/06 response rec'd 14/07/06

LBA sent 20/07/06 response rec'd 27/07/06

Moneyclaim filed 22/08/06 Ack'd 30/08/06

Defence filed 26/09/06 AQ filed 12/10/06

hearing set for 10th Jan 2007

Cap One

prelim sent 2nd Nov 2006 First offer rec'd 14th Nov

any thoughts, suggestions or advice given by MBQ are done so without prejudice. All information I have, i have learned from this excellent site. If in any doubt, seek professsional advice.