Advice on Mortgage PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4421 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I haven't updated this one for a while because there hasn't been anything to update.

My claim is still with the FOS which I submitted earlier this year. I did receive a reply from the FOS saying they would be looking into my claim but nothing since then. I think I am in for a very long wait, they did say they had a lot of PPI complaints so I will update when I hear anything else. Hopefully it will be this year but the way it's going I'm not so sure :undecided:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Still nothing to report. I am tempted to ring the FOS and see whats going on but when you do it gives a recorded message saying how PPI claims are taking a long time as they have so many of them.

I sent my initial claim in the first place to the broker who sold me the mortgage but when I looked on The Mortgage Business website who I have the mortgage with there is a PPI complaint helpline to ring, I wonder if I should give them a try or is it best to leave it? They are part of the halifax group. I am rapidly losing patience with the FOS!!!

I rang the fos today which was a waste of time really, they said it is in a queue waiting for an adjudicator and it will take up to a year, well its been 9 months now. What about the ppi complaint helpline with the mortgage co, it wont ruin my chances if I give them a ring will it?? Should I tell them that I have already complained to the fos?