mackenzie hall letter this morning

Turbokid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

i dont know if this is in the right place first of all, and apologise if it isn't.

i am new to the group which i stumbled upon this morning whilst brosing for some info on Mackensie hall and wow they seem to be pestering quite a few people.

anyway back to this letter i got this am, i thought it was strange as it didn't give any acknoledgement to what,how much,who to etc etc only our ref ........ client ref....... and we are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter.......... please ring telephone number .......... quoting ref number, this is in my wifes name and to our address but we aint a clue as to what it is about, do we ring to find out or do we write a letter asking,

can anyone suggest anything please because on reading some of the posts regarding this company my wife would get very upset by there ways and i would just lose it with them if the were to be very demanding

thx

turbokid

Just File the letter away for your reference, they are nothing whatsoever to be afraid of!

The letter they have sent is a breach of the OFT Debt collection Guidelines anyway, and I would have thought that by now they would have learned that CAGgers laugh at their inept attempts to fleece people into ringing them and handing over their money.

Send a copy of their playschool threatogramme to the OFT, and Trading Standards Via Cosumer direct.

And "NEVER EVER RING THEM OR TALK TO THEM OVER THE PHONE"

They will empty your wallett!

The Office of Fair Trading: Contact us

Consumer Direct

2 UNFAIR BUSINESS PRACTICES

Communication

2.1 It is unfair to communicate, in whatever form, with consumers in an unclear,

inaccurate or misleading manner.

2.2 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. use of official looking documents intended or likely to mislead

debtors as to their status, for example, documents made to resemble court

claims.

b. leaving out or presenting information in such a way that it

creates a false or misleading impression or exploits debtors'

lack of knowledge

c. those contacting debtors not making clear who they are, who

they work for, what their role is, what the purpose of the

contact is

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

wow,

thanks all for the quick response's and i will file it away till they contact again, (hopefully they wont)

and may i say what a great site there is so much info and help i am gonna spend hours reading posts thx again

by the way how much roughly do people donate to help the site out as i would gladly give something to help out with the running costs

thx

T

Storytime: Muck Hall = street beggars.?

Think about it, they stand there all day saying 'spare some change mister' and some people are daft enough to give them some. How do you know they really need that money, or what they will spend it on. It's illegal to beg in the street, giving them money is aiding and abetting.

Muck Hall send out loads of letters, "give us some money", some people are daft enough to. Who says they are entitled to ask in the first place? Loads of info on here about why they are wasting their time sending a letter to anyone who's spent any time at all on the CAG site.

They rely on intimidation and threats, if they word a letter in such a way that it seems they may send the boys round or could syphon your wages for the next 10 years, then some people have not read the words properly and missed out the vital ones like 'may' or 'could' - meaning nothing really.

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I received one of these this morning too,shredded it for the hamster,sleeping soundly now.

Cheap bedding i know,but saves money:D

Muck hall - every little helps.

(are we allowed to say that ?)

I received one of these this morning too,shredded it for the hamster,sleeping soundly now.

That made me smile:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!