Help Please - Credit File Mark from Orange

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Hope you can help me,

Me and orange arranged a agreement to repay my bill, well they closed my account even though i had some contract left and asked me to pay up within 3 months.

I did that with no problems but i have trying to sort my credit file and according to checkmyfile orange have left a mark which is effecting my score.... this is what checkmyfile said to me in a email........

Your scores are still low because of the Arrangement to Pay on the Orange account. An arrangement to pay is generated if you contact the lender to request a reduced repayment amount compared to the agreed monthly amount. Unfortunately, many lenders will not warn you of the impact that this will have on your credit file. It is regarded as serious arrears and will have a severe adverse effect on your credit rating, and your subsequent chances of obtaining credit.

What kind of mark does this leave? is it just like a late payment mark?

Now what can i do to sort this? Is there a letter i can send orange or shouldnt i be worried?

Thanks in advance

Natalie

yep late payment.

should not harm it that much at all.

try creditexpert.co.uk

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Checkmyfile have just replied and said.........

Thanks for your message.

An Arrangement to pay is recorded on a person`s credit file because they`ve requested to pay a lesser amount that that which was contracted. Do you remember contacting Orange concerning this? If not, I would recommend contacting them in the first instance to find out why it has been reported as such on your file. If it`s an error, they`ve got 28 days to redress it, but if it is correct and you requested an alternative payment agreement, this data will have to remain on your credit file for 6 years from the date of the account closure.

Is there anyway to get this removed?

Edited by jonwhiting2009

yep late payment.

should not harm it that much at all.

try creditexpert.co.uk

dx

Checkmyfile have just replied with this.......

An Arrangement to pay is recorded on a person`s credit file because they`ve requested to pay a lesser amount that that which was contracted. Do you remember contacting Orange concerning this? If not, I would recommend contacting them in the first instance to find out why it has been reported as such on your file. If it`s an error, they`ve got 28 days to redress it, but if it is correct and you requested an alternative payment agreement, this data will have to remain on your credit file for 6 years from the date of the account closure.

What should i do?

Thanks again

it is typical for creditors to put such a marker on if you make a reduced payment offer.

so, have you checked experian.

if you CRA score is THAT poor i'd guess there are other reasons..

voters?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Experian and Equifax report Arrangements to Pay differently. It has a more detrimental effect to your Equifax score than your Experian score, because Equifax consider an arrangement to pay as akin to a late payment, but experian don't.

If shouldn't matter though because the account should be marked as settled with all three credit reference agencies (Equifax, Call Credit, Experian). If it shows as outstanding with any of the three, you should raise a Notice of Dispute direct with that CRA to have the data corrected ;)