Natwest haven't replied

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4262 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I began the process of claiming my bank charges back from Natwest at the end of last month.

I used a letter from MoneySavingExpert and their interest charge calculator to work out that I have been charged just over £3,500 in charges over the last 6 years.

I sent the letter to Natwest, outlining all the charges and how I calculated interest on 1st October, giving them 14 days to reply, but as yet I haven't heard anything back from them.

As I'm a reasonable kinda guy, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as there has been postal strikes, so I'll give them a few more days to respond.

BUT..what should be my next course of action, should I not hear from them within reasonable timescale?

Apologies for the loooong first post! ;)

Hi,

If you think yours was a long post, have a look around the forum :D

Give them a few more days and then send a Letter Before Action

Did you send your previous request by recorded delivery?

Edited by silverfox1961
eyes in backwards today

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hiya JS

Welcome to CAG.:)

In my signature is a step by step guide. It shows you everything you need to know. ;)

They have 14 days to respond to your prelim letter, then another to respond to your lba. (most of the time they won't).

You don't need to give them extra time. If they still havn't responded at this stage then you file at court.

Have a read, then you can see where you are up to.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Do you know that you can claim your charges back to 1995.

Don't give them the benefit of any doubt. They have your letter. They have just put into their queue and will respond whan they get round to it. You will get a standard letter of denial. Start your court cliam now. Send the bank a 7 day LBA and then sue.

MSE is very good but we have a little more bite here. You will have to choose which kind of attitude you want to adopt.

If you send it recorded you can keep a track of it via Royal Mail.

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Hiya JS

Welcome to CAG.:)

In my signature is a step by step guide. It shows you everything you need to know. ;)

They have 14 days to respond to your prelim letter, then another to respond to your lba. (most of the time they won't).

You don't need to give them extra time. If they still havn't responded at this stage then you file at court.

Have a read, then you can see where you are up to.

Many Thanks.

I have now got a template for an LBA letter, so will send that off by recorded post. The template I have says:

"...therefore the [insert name of court] court will rule in my favour"

Can I just insert the name of my local court, or do I need to do anything beforehand?

Fill in all your own relevant details, including your County Court. You don't need to do anything else. Do you have your spread sheets? If so send a copy of that aswell.

F&Q's... Read here