Should I ? Shouldn't I?

mintygit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4365 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Bit of advice please.

Back in the early 90's up to around 95 my debet problems were really bad, no need to go in to details, but i defaulted and got many CCJ's on credit cards and loans.

Since the mid 90's I have been paying around 4 CCJ's off at around £5 a month for sums of around £2500 - £5000 each.

I have moved house several times during those days and all have fallen off my credit reference files many years ago. I have not contacted any of them since the CCJ's but all paymens come out of my account via standing orders each month.

I now can't even remember which banks they were for and how much is owed on each but I guess I will still be paying them all for the next 20-30 years at the current payments.

My questions are should I still pay them or just cancel them all and wait until the debt collectors find me and start asking for the money, and I just ask them for the valid paperwork to prove I owe it?

Or

Do I just carry on paying them, as I have a moral responsibility to pay them as it was me who took the credit out so I should pay it back?

Only thing is I do think one of them may have been a bank overdraft in which case would that be a bit more difficult to get away with out paying?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Hi All

Bit of advice please.

Back in the early 90's up to around 95 my debet problems were really bad, no need to go in to details, but i defaulted and got many CCJ's on credit cards and loans.

Since the mid 90's I have been paying around 4 CCJ's off at around £5 a month for sums of around £2500 - £5000 each.

I have moved house several times during those days and all have fallen off my credit reference files many years ago. I have not contacted any of them since the CCJ's but all paymens come out of my account via standing orders each month.

I now can't even remember which banks they were for and how much is owed on each but I guess I will still be paying them all for the next 20-30 years at the current payments.

My questions are should I still pay them or just cancel them all and wait until the debt collectors find me and start asking for the money, and I just ask them for the valid paperwork to prove I owe it?

Or

Do I just carry on paying them, as I have a moral responsibility to pay them as it was me who took the credit out so I should pay it back?

I would personally reccomend this route, continue to pay as they have CCJ's out against you and if you simply cease paying them, it would leave you open to further enforcement action. You have a right to request the documentation proving their rights etc, make them prove it, if they can't you may have an easy get out, and you can do this without incurring any risk to yourself

Only thing is I do think one of them may have been a bank overdraft in which case would that be a bit more difficult to get away with out paying?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Regards

Spam

Hope this helps

If you feel that this site has helped you in any way please leave a donation if you can afford to do so.

If you feel that have been helpful please feel free to tip the scales.

The large print giveth, but the small print taketh away. ~Tom Waits, Small Change

Please note: i am not a qualified lawyer, any advice is offered in good faith and is based on my own and others experiences and a penchant for research and a desire to help others to empower themselves

Now that you are more fully informed, you should investigate whether any of these debts are complrised of charges. If they are, then you should begin the process of claiming them back. Meanwhile, best to keep on making the payments