BankFodder BankFodder

velozdelnorte

Needing Some Advice lewis/welcome finance

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1731 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

took out a loan with WELCOME FINANCE,

current debt now stands at £7526.85

I had a few personal problems and defaulted on the loan.

When i was in a postion to start to deal with this, it was refered to various Agencies, asking for different amounts,

i then went to a company who helped me to sort out a payment plan and income outgoings sheet to send to the creditor.

The payment plan was agreed and i have the letter from the LEWIS GROUP

and they stated that they were willing to accept a payment as i have limited funds, and this was agreed in the letter.

Today my Gf got a visit from a man saying he was representing the lewis group and wanted to see me, as i was at work i was unable to meet him,

He stated that he was their to agree a payment plan, but my gf felt a little uncomfortable with him as he seemed a little cagey ,

and so he left a card asking me to call, it stated Final Notice. And despite numerous visits we have been unable to make contact....

but we are not aware of any other visits from The lewis group.

I then phoned him and he seemed unwilling to give me bank details, so i could set up a Direct Debit,

i explained i had recieved the letter stateing that they were willing to accept my payment plan.

He said he would have to email his HQ to see if this is correct. And would contact me again.

I feel that this could be a bullying tactic even tho im willing to try and begin to pay off the debt am i right on this ?

he wants me to sign a form sould i sign or try and obtain a copy and consulte with the forum ?

I hope someone can help advise ?

Yours Veloz

DO NOT PHONE THEM.

With respect..this is what happens if you start entering into payment arrangements with DCA's.

They have no legal authority to money off you whatsoever, only a county court does.

They then see you as a cash cow & will use whatever methods they can to intimidate & squeeze more money out of you.

If this clown ever shows his mug again, then tell him to get lost or you will call the police.

Refuse to answer security questions if they ring again & DO NOT set up a direct debit ever.

Edited by mr.ton

Stick to the payment arrangement that you have at the moment.

They are being totally unreasonable in their behaviour with you seeing as you are making payments already - but this is typical of the DCA's.

You need to send them a CCA request to see if they have proof that you owe the debt/or they can legally collect on it.

If they cant provide it, then you can legally with hold payment.

If they carry on intimidating you after that then report them to the OFT,trading standards & seek police advice (not 999 in a non emergency)

Hi mr Tom,

So what your saying is they are trying to Intimidate, and that even tho i owe the money, I shouldnt set up a DD with the Lewis group to pay off the debt? All respect appreciated ...im new to this area it just felt wrong and my GF felt he was a bit shifty... he has said he will phone me to arraange a meeting. Should i just say ive take advice and feel that i do not need to be talking to you ?

as mr ton has said stick to your payment plan for the moment

send lowells this along with a cca request

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

and kee a copy if the man comes back to the door and just politley close the door

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

when he calls just say you want everything in writing ad hang up add this to the above letter

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

I havent yet paid anything, i only recently sent details and they sent the letter saying that they would agree to payment of £7.34 pm. Then this man called while i was out. I havent payed anything towards this debt as yet.

Hi mr Tom,

So what your saying is they are trying to Intimidate, and that even tho i owe the money, I shouldnt set up a DD with the Lewis group to pay off the debt? All respect appreciated ...im new to this area it just felt wrong and my GF felt he was a bit shifty... he has said he will phone me to arraange a meeting. Should i just say ive take advice and feel that i do not need to be talking to you ?

Yes they are trying to intimidate you.

Do not set up a DD as they can take what they want that way & you have no control over it all.

Do not enter into any arrangement to meet this individual.

Refuse to answer security questions if he phones again & threaten him with the police if he doesnt go away.

So let me get this straight...you havent actually paid anything yet??????

If thats the case, then do not pay a penny & just send off the CCA request along side all the other advice we've gave you.

Ok so what do i then do to try and sort the debt out? Do i need to send Welcome Finance a letter requesting a CCA and what happens with my debt ?

Yes send off the CCA request.

If they havent got the paperwork then they are stuffed basically.

send the cca request letter in my signature with a £1 postal order to lewis group along with the doorstep letter in the link and add the phone harrassment letter as well, send recorded delviery and do not sign them just print your name and keep a copy of that by your door if the man returns and just hand it to him and close the door

if he calls on the phone just say i will deal in writing only and hang up

ida x

OK so i took the loan, about 3 years ago, then took a top up loan about a year ago, if they have the CCA what do i do then ? sorry if im being a bit scatty but im new to this and trying to take it all in. thanks so much for the help tho:)

sending a cca request is to ensure that they have the correct paperwork and are entitled to collect payment, take one step at a time, let us know what they come back with

you may want to have a read around here

Welcome Finance - The Consumer Forums

ida x

Even if they have the paperwork..they still have no legal authority to any money off you, only a county court does.

However, just offer them a token payment of whatever you can afford (£1 per month for example) & if they refuse it then tough on them.

obviously though if they hae everything in order we can help you with info to set up payment arrangement as not everyone wants to be taken to court

ida x

And this debt will always be on my Credit File ? will they take me to CC or will they just write it off in theory ? are they just hoping that i will cave and panic ?

No not everyone does..of course not, however contrary to popular myth, a county court is nothing to be afraid of & in most cases is actually there to help people in situations like this....you only get a CCJ for 6 years & most people do not need credit for another 6 years anyway.;)

In saying all that - just offer what you can as i mentioned :p

Thats what i did i offered to pay £7.34 and they wrote back saying they would accept that, then the guy turned up at the door. How do i pay it to them by DD ?

And this debt will always be on my Credit File ? will they take me to CC or will they just write it off in theory ? are they just hoping that i will cave and panic ?

DCA's threaten court but very rarely go anywhere near the place as it would cost them money to go there and wouldnt be worth their while just to get £1 per month back etc...

Thats why they rely on threats & intimidation in the hope that you buckle and pay up.

A debt/CCJ would be on your file for 6 years yes....but the myth has been well & truley shattered lately, that credit files are not worth the paper they are printed on ;)

Thats what i did i offered to pay £7.34 and they wrote back saying they would accept that, then the guy turned up at the door. How do i pay it to them by DD ?

Have you not read what we've said to you so far with the greatest respect?

Tell him to go away & never pay a DCA by DD.

Sorry..... I am getting it.

1 request a CCA

2 Ignore the man

3 refuse to pay by DD

4 let it go to CCJ

5 A DCA cannot recover money legally/.

delete number 4 and 5 a dca can collect money legally and it doesnlt have to go to a ccj

ida x

I think i have it then, so they only point i dont fully get :) is how do you pay a DCA if you want to pay the minimum ? by Standing Order ?? thats what im confused on, i think Mr Ton got annoyed at me, im sorry but you have all been so helpfull.

no you have been fine, when you start out it can be overload but i do not agree with mr.ton re don't pay them and let them slap you with a ccj as this can affect you and you don't know where you will be at in the next few years

you can pay by website,online banking, giro, cheque or postal order or standing order etc

by setting up a dd you give them access to your bank account without any control

ida x