reclaiming charges

easybyrd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I was wondering whether once I send off my claim to the bank and they reject it due to the FSA waiver, does that mean I am in line for refund if the court case goes in our favour? Or do I have to file a court claim after being rejected by the bank to be in the system for a refund? I mean is claiming from the bank enough. Also are people asking for interest at all? I think I am going to try claiming the proportion of overdraft interest due to charges. A question though, once received by the bank and officially in queue is the 8% statutory interest accruing or does that only start when a court claim is submitted. Just asking in case I don’t get the first. Thanks

Hi Easybyrd,

Read the Reclaiming Guide at Link No1 in my signature below, to familiarise yourself with the process. In essence, it goes like this:-

Send Preliminary claim ltr enclosing Schedule of Charges (ignoring 8% int't)

Send LBA

File court claim for charges, overdraft int't if you're claiming it, 8% int't + court fees

Court will then Stay the claim but you'll be earning 8% from the date the claim is filed.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi Slick,

I have read all of link one but on page 10 it says 'copy and paste THIS' but when I click on THIS the next screen is blank until the bottom where there are articles. Am I meant to copy and paste the POC which is article 5 onto the N1 form? Thanks:)

Hi EB,

In Step 10, the "THIS" link works ok for me.

Try this which is a direct link to the POC's - http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/113-4-particulars-of-claim-n1-updated-version-now-available

Edited by slick132
corrected link

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick,

Thanks for your help so far. I am referring to page 10 step 5 where THIS is. Dunno if I am being thick lol. Also your direct link was to barclaycard, I am barclays bank. Should it be article 5 POC which you get after clicking THIS and scrolling down. Thanks

Hi EB,

No, twas me who was being thick. I've now entered the correct link for Bank POC's.

I take it you can now see the page properly when you click on "THIS", in the Reclaiming Charges Guide.