Amber -v- MBNA

amber
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5148 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

Not been on here for a while now, been very poorly.

A very strange thing happened to me this morning which left me feeling very threatened and intimidated, so much so that after 2hrs, I rang the police. However the keystone cops turned up just 5 minutes too late.

When I got up this morning and opened the blinds in my living room I noticed an unfamiliar car parked right outside my house with a man sat in it, with the window wound down on the passenger side (so he could have a clear view into my house), he gave me the most awful intimidating looks (and feelings I hasten to add) that I ended up closing the blinds again. Every 10mins or so, I would look out the window and still he would be sat there glaring at me. I took his registration and rang the police and reported him for hanging around suspiciously. The police turned up just 5mins after he decided to move and when he did move, he sped off like a bat out of hell, really revving the engine, like some silly boy racer.

Anyway, after going over the formalities with the police, they ask me do I have any financial problems because they have traced the car and the owner and all they can let me know is that he is a debt collection officer!!

Now he never knocked on the door/rang the bell/posted anything through the letterbox, so I find this quite scary. We are up to date with our DMP etc, and not defaulted on anything.

Any one shed any light on this? It has really scared me. Thanks x

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Amber,

Have you had any letters threatening a doorstep call?

The only people that knocked my door were from Power2contact on behalf of Debitas/Capital 1. My OH answered the door but they simply left a card with a phone number for me to call.

Try not to worry, these people have no powers at all and don't forget they do NOT know you and you DON'T have to answer the door to them.

At least the police did turn up to assist, albeit late. There is a doorstep letter in the templates library which you could prepare, just in case they come back. But they may not.

I can't recall any MBNA threads where they have sent door step callers

Hi

Sorry Dotty, I did not clarify, they may not be from MBNA at all, I just didn't know where to post this. No letters in the post, no knocks at the door, nothing posted through the door. All creditors have reluctantly agreed to the lower payments on the DMP, council tax etc all up to date. The policeman mentioned he could have been sat there drawing up a valuation on my home and car, checking out what assets I have and what they are worth.

It has really spooked me. I have been quiet of late because I have not heard a peep from any of my creditors at all except for the monthly statements.

Hi

Sorry Dotty, I did not clarify, they may not be from MBNA at all, I just didn't know where to post this. No letters in the post, no knocks at the door, nothing posted through the door. All creditors have reluctantly agreed to the lower payments on the DMP, council tax etc all up to date. The policeman mentioned he could have been sat there drawing up a valuation on my home and car, checking out what assets I have and what they are worth.

It has really spooked me. I have been quiet of late because I have not heard a peep from any of my creditors at all except for the monthly statements.

Don't wprry amber. The Police were silly to say that.

The only people able to do that are court appointed baliffis, which would only be possible after a court case that a creditor had won, then followed by failure to stick to the court order.

If they come back, insist that the Police attend right away, or you will complain to the Cheif Constable.

Intimidation is a grave matter and the Police should view it so.

Hi Amber,

Hope you are feeling little better.

Vint beat me to it, I thought that was a strange thing for the policeman to say and totally uncalled for!

Anyway Amber, he may have been viewing a neighbours !