style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New to living on own so dont really have an idea of bills, have asked my mum and she thinks the bill is quite high and suggested you guys toask for advice so here goes.....

I live in a small 2 bedroom ground floor flat with my partner, we both have full time jobs so are only here in evenings .

Moved in 31st July 09.

got a bill dated 7th October 09 for £133.64

details of it are current reading is 292, with previous reading being 248.

Water charge is.....Standing charge (69 days at £30.00/year...£5.67

Volume Charge (44 cubic metres at £1.369 each) £60.24

Total charge........£65.91

Wastewater charge is....Standing charge (69 days at £30.00/year...£2.84

sewerage volume charge (44 cubic metres at £1.174 each)...£51.66

surface water/highway drainage (69 days at (70.00 per year)..£13.23

total wastewater charge....(67.73)

total bill £133.64

any help, advice or commisserations if the bill is correct would be very much appreciated!!

Thanks in advance :)

get onto the supplier and complain and say you want the meter checked. the size of the property doesnt really matter, but you both work full time and only use the property in the evenings. so nearly forty quid a month is excessive....and you want to know why!!

we live in a one bed flat both work all day, water on meter, bills are around £340 ish every 6mths . which works out cheaper if no meter fitted, its quite surprising how much water we really use, flushing toilet bathing showers kettles washing machine etc etc etc the list is endless, we just got our last bill sept, most bill shave water supply charge, water standing charge, used water charge, used water standing charge, mearured drainage with band, who is ur supplier? looking at ur charges ours are cheaper, have you thought about chaning suupliers, have u a meter fitted ? we had a bill like you for two mths, and ur charges are alot higher, i can't compare as supplier charges differ. but for two mths our bil was for £49.94 for using 22.74 cubic metres feb to apr we are wiv servern trent, if that helps. ill give you the cubic prices if you want for you to compare? just had bigger bill apr to sept £285.25 for using 118.26 cubic meters. so for last 7 mths bill is £335.19 for using 141 cubic meters. ur cubic prices are higher than ours hence you been charged more due to supplier charges. it might pay in ther long run to change ur supplier.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.

First things first topperbopper - you can't change water suppliers. Your supplier is dependant on where you live and nothing else.

I live alone in a 1 bedroomed flat with a water meter. I have worked full-time but have recently become unemployed.

I am with Anglian Water. I used 20 cubic metres of water between 11/01/09 and 30/06/09 (my last statement). Both the start and end readings were proper readings, not estimates. My charge per cubic metre of water used isconsiderably higher than yours at £1.6464 but I don;t pay any standing charge because I am on a low user tariff. My bill came to £76.51 for the six months and a bit. (although I pay on a weekly basis using a payment card so pay in advance).

I don't have a tumble dryer, have showers instead of baths and don;t have any sprinklers so my usage shouldn't be very high. Even so, I would agree with your mum that your usage does seem high.

Do you know if either the start or the end reading on your bill have been estimated?

The initial reading says it is an estimate but the landlord wrote it down on us moving in and it is the same so is accurate. We are the same and have showers, no dryer and no garden etc. I am going to ring the supplier - who is united utilitys and see what can be done. If they are charging this much for water that is being taken away from the property, that has fallen onto it or surrounding roads they are getting a fortune from the other 3 flats that are in the building too!!

Thanks for all advice!