CRB Checks

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lifemysteries - I know you feel stupid and naive. Look young lady (and I think you may be a young lady - but truthfully it doesn't matter) - you are 20 years old. You have told us that you have had the worst 6 weels of your life. You will be lucky if these are the worst six weeks of your life. I am a lot older than you - by more than a couple of decades. Amd here is some advice - you can grow out of being both young and stupid. But it is absolutely certain that you can get older and still be stupid! You have made a very stupid mistake and there are no excuses, no matter how hard your life has been, for that. But it is not over and it will not take 30 years yo get over. Believe it or not, there are a lot of us oldies who get it. You're allowed a mistake - but you also have to both be honest and give people some time to beleive you are over it. I am not going to tell you it will be easy because it won't be - it isn't easy for anyone, no matter how much you think it may be. I don't know why your family have tirned away from you. But honestly - they are in the wrong. Yes, you did something stupid. There is nothing you can't live through for people you love. Don't make it irreparable - keep trying to talk to them and sooner or later it can be fixed.

As HB has said - talk to some professionals that you know - the Jobcentre can put you in touch with them. While you are out of work, go down to your volunteer bureau, council for voluntary service, or voluntary action council (there will be one of these locally) - tell them the truth and say you want to volunteer for something. It isn't paid, you still have to prove yourself, and it won't be glamorous. But make yourslef useful to people that are actually a lot worse off than you are. It will help to prove that you mean what you say - and it will give you some experinec of work and a reference.

You are 20. Believe me - you have quite a few screw ups to tackle in life yet. How you handle them is a test of your character. You may be down but you are not yet out. But you can do better than this. Don't feel sorry for yourself - pick yourself up and do something about it.

Your right. It's just one setback after another that's making me think and feel like this, esp the last few days with the whole bank job drama. I see now how I was chasing a dream that I messed up for myself. I know I need to prove it to people out there, and believe u me how I'd love to start off doing voluntary work but living on my own I'm responsible for rent and keeping a roof over my head. I'm only managing so much with odd cleaning jobs here and ther. I will see what NACRO can do for me. I hope thers some work. I did want to know btw, my suspended sentence is going to be over in bout four months, does that mean I can declare my conviction as 'spent' on future application forms?? Not too sure. Thank you.

And worryingmore* thank you for your support too.

Lm.

You may find this information useful...

http://www.nacro.org.uk/data/files/nacro-2007021302-65.pdf

A sentence of imprisonment of six months or less is not 'spent' until seven years have passed, and this increases to 10 years for a sentence of six months to two years. For sentences of two and a half years or more, the conviction is never spent. Sadly this includes suspended sentences.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Many thanks for the info Sidewinder. I know you mean well but iam even more confused nw.. :S First i was tild obce my sentence is over that will be spent..thenI was told 5 years.. Nw 7 years.. Very confused. Iv also heard on the telly lately abt the new freedom bill, what's changed anything to help us regarding work? I'd love to know more. Thank you very much for every1s input.

Lm.

Hello all, can somebody please help me. Iv been called for an interview as a customer advisor in a bank. As I had earlier told u my worries for not getting the job because of my conviction, as they were going to do a crb and credit check. Today the recruiters called to say my crb came back clear!? How is that possible???? I'm so confused :s I'm elated but Dnt understand how thats possible? Iv got a face to face interview with them next. Obviously if it has come back clear, I'm not going to question it as I believe it's a sign for my second chance at life. But can any1 please help me with comprehending this, could they make mistakes like this? Thanks.

I'm just wondering if this was a credit check that came back clear..... and not the CRB.... because financial institutions often run credit checks on job applicants, as you said.

• 1 year later...

Can anyone advise me.I have just finished a 10 week prison sentence(10 months originally)but out early on tag,for benefit fraud.prior to that i worked for 12 years as a care assistant in a rest home and my job is still available prior to a CRB check.Will this sentence jeopardise mky job?Your advice will be greatly appreciated

Can anyone advise me.I have just finished a 10 week prison sentence(10 months originally)but out early on tag,for benefit fraud.prior to that i worked for 12 years as a care assistant in a rest home and my job is still available prior to a CRB check.Will this sentence jeopardise mky job?Your advice will be greatly appreciated

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing as the decision would be solely that of the employer. Obviously the conviction would appear on the CRB check, and if that is the only blemish on the CRB and the employer was willing to give you a chance, then they could deem that the conviction has no bearing on your ability to do the job, or your risk to the people that you would be looking after. People deserve a second chance after all, and the purpose of the CRB is a measure of the risk that you might pose.

Strongly suggest that you try to have an informal but honest chat with the owner of the rest home for an opinion.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

If they knew of your conviction and are still happy to reemploy you it is a matter for them. The forms are only a guide for employers to make judgement calls on applicants eg if the conviction was for drink driving, what relevance has it to caring duties? If the conviction was for theft or other dishonesty offences or assault those would have a different reaction for the employer.

I agree with Sidewinder, have an informall talk before applying.