bank of scotland being slow

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4235 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi, i recieved a letter fron bank of scotland on 11th sep regarding ppi on a old preference account, its a sort of credit card they attatch onto your loan aggreement if you qualify.

they are refunding the payments and hopefully the 28.8% intersest and the 8% also.

i have heard nothing since and called customer relations every week to get an update, they are still telling me that the figures aint been worked out?? it states on the letter that payment will be made within the next four weeks, but they aint even done their sums the slow coaches.

is there anything i can do or say to them or will i just have to wait until the sharpen the pencil and do some sums??

any advice would be ace

hi, i recieved a letter fron bank of scotland on 11th sep regarding ppi on a old preference account, its a sort of credit card they attatch onto your loan aggreement if you qualify.

they are refunding the payments and hopefully the 28.8% intersest (unlikely they will offer the compound interest but you should still make a stand to claim it) and the 8% also.

i have heard nothing since and called customer relations every week to get an update, they are still telling me that the figures aint been worked out?? it states on the letter that payment will be made within the next four weeks, but they aint even done their sums the slow coaches.

is there anything i can do or say to them or will i just have to wait until the sharpen the pencil and do some sums??

any advice would be ace

If your are claiming mis-sold PPI they do have a statutory 8 weeks in which to respond. You have to give them this time (even though mostly the banks flaunt the regulations on statutes on timescales)

So you must allow 8 calendar weeks or if they tell you earlier your claim is refused then you can go directly to the Financial Ombudsman Service or the Courts as you can after the 8 weeks has expired.

Please read the stickies at the top of the forum there is a massive amount of information there that will help you understand the process of mis-sold PPI and the way to reclaim.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

im now into the 5th week of waiting for the calculations to be done, the relations mmanager said today that there is nothing on file as of yet to confirm that redress has worked the amount out.

my previous payouts from hbos was very quick, within 10 days of recieving the mis-sold letter i was recieving payments.

suppose ill just have to wait around a bit longer eh

im now into the 5th week of waiting for the calculations to be done, the relations mmanager said today that there is nothing on file as of yet to confirm that redress has worked the amount out.

my previous payouts from hbos was very quick, within 10 days of recieving the mis-sold letter i was recieving payments.

suppose ill just have to wait around a bit longer eh

Yes legally they have 8 calendar weeks to respond with a final response or perhaps no response but 8 weeks they are allowed. Then you can complain to the ICO for failure to supply information and the FOS for failing to address your complaint. The FOS will require all of the detail and exchanged correspondence but they are currently upholding 90% + of the claims submitted by consumers :grin:

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.