is there any law against?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

taking a digital voice recorder to work.

big meeting today and i intend to record it

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

No.

On the other hand if you are discovered it could cause probelmns for future confidence and also could be considered to be contrary to your employment contract

• 1 year later...

If you were to ask SarEl (remember her?) she used to say that it was unlawful. Never got to the bottom of exactly how, but certainly legal professionals seem to get very jumpy at the idea of covert recording.

As Giggins says, be careful as it could be seen to be undermining the trust and confidence. Check any contract, as that might have a clause about recording that could land you in bother.

I think the best thing to do if you're going to record is to use the recording as a prompt to write up an account as to what was said. Keep hold of the recording in case it later proves useful- but don't tell anyone at work you've made it.

No - I think Giggins has been trawling the forum looking for examples....

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!