lloyds Loan & Overdraft

forest5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

My Partner has a bank account & loan with the above named.

The loan stands at around £1600 but she recently received a letter from APEX saying they would except £1000 to clear the loan.

My feelings are that they are offering it at a discounted rate due to all the interest & charges they have added on along the line although i'm no expert!

As for the current a/c, my partner stopped using it the account as they kept cancelling her DD's

& then charging her for it being bounced putting her further into her overdraft etc.

She has now received a letter from APEX to say that they are also taking control of this debt which is around £800.

APEX then sent a further letter back end of last week to say that unless they received the £1000 to clear the loan in 7 days they would be taking her to court.

My Partner isn't in doubt as to that she does owe Lloyds some money but not the combined £2.4K+ that they are saying.

What would be the route to go for her bearing in mind of the letters threatening court action are threatening 7 days? Is there any way of freezing there action until further evidance can be produced?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Hi All,

Have also posted this in Lloyds forum.

My Partner has a bank account & loan with the above named. The loan stands at around £1600 but she recently received a letter from APEX saying they would except £1000 to clear the loan. My feelings are that they are offering it at a discounted rate due to all the interest & charges they have added on along the line although i'm no expert!

As for the current a/c, my partner stopped using it the account as they kept cancelling her DD's & then charging her for it being bounced putting her further into her overdraft etc. She has now received a letter from APEX to say that they are also taking control of this debt which is around £800.

APEX then sent a further letter back end of last week to say that unless they received the £1000 to clear the loan in 7 days they would be taking her to court.

What would be the route to go for her bearing in mind of the letters threatening court action are threatening 7 days? Is there any way of freezing there action until further evidance can be produced?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifAre you letting your bank keep your money Are you giving away thousands of pounds??

Many people aren't claiming all of the money they are entitled to when they make their bank charges claims.

You have been forced to pay unfair bank charges.

Have you forgotten that your bank has charged you inteest on those charges?

If you are overdrawn and the bank owes you charges - then your overdraft is made up of charges - money which you bank owes you.

Yet you are paying interest to the bank - on your own money!!! - a nice little earner for your bank.

Follow this link to see the discussions on this.

You might even double the size of your claim.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

You'd need to SAR Lloyds telling them you want all information they hold on you including Statements and executed credit agreements and also send a letter to the DCA telling them the account is in dispute due to excessive charges. Once you get the SAR back you can then claim back charges with help from here.

Only thing is it had already been passed to the DCA before a SAR letter was sent to Lloyds. Can i request with the DCA that the account be put on hold as i am disputing excessive charges with Lloyds. Is there a letter more suited to that situation or should i just amend the one given above?

Hi forest5 I know what you mean re Lloyds the amount of hassle I have had for the same things. 1. Loan - £780

2. Credit card - £1600 (although being paying £10 monthly for 4 years) & 3. My current A/c which they say I owe £1300 (started at £198 & then with bank charges @ £200 per month gone to £1300).

Now I have Apex giving me grief & threts for all 3 accounts & threatening me with court. I know I dont owe this much so I asked for a subject access report & sent £10 to which they had 40 days to respond now they reckon I've not sent anything. I know it is now in dispute but Apex keep on writing I too dont know where to go So I will follow your thread or if you get any advice come back to me, cheers