• Tweets

• Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕
    • Though it would be Highview you would  pursue. DCBL are nonentities-on their best day,
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

X Factor - Stacey Soloman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

it was a cream skirt thing with a blacky or dark read floral top. It honestly looked like a pair of curtains my grandparents had.

Ok i understand that parnets think there kids are the best at everything, yes i am guilty of that myself, but this is national television how embarrising.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok i understand that parnets think there kids are the best at everything, yes i am guilty of that myself, but this is national television how embarrising.

We all like to think (or at the very least hope) that our kids are the best at everything, but letting them make a fool of themselves in front of thousands, if not millions, of people is another league altogether. Do these parents genuinely believe that their offspring are super talented or are they just too scared to tell them the truth? The truth hurts, but how else will they ever survive in a grown up world.

I think this year's X factor is one of the most open in a long time, and it is probably anyones for the taking. My money is still on the lovely Stacey, who (thankfully) is ultra talented but not so full of her own self importance that she even realises it, although Lucy might be her nearest rival. I also like Joe, Jamie and Danyl. The others are a bit forgettable really - sorry to any of them who might chance upon my comments!

Sorry, I know it wasn't actually a wedding dress - more a meringue-type ballgown. :D

I think it is totally unbelievable that the parents of these talentless offspring can look at the TV and see Girls Aloud, Sugababes, Coldplay, Franz Ferdinand, Leona, anyone with talent and looks, and think their frequently overweight, dorky, talentless offspring who sing out of tune are going to be the next big chart sensation.

I laughed my socks off at John and Edward tonight though. Can't sing, can't dance, but absolutely hysterical to watch. I fear we might have the John Sergeant fan club right behind them now.

Loving Joe McElderry tonight - he was fabulous.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Loving Joe McElderry tonight - he was fabulous.

Agree with that Ell-en but Jamie gets my vote every time although, sadly, I suspect he won't win cos he's not 'cool' enough for the youngsters to vote for :(

Think Joe really does have the potential to be a superstar, unlike Leon and that other one whose name I can't remember. I did like Rhydian from a few series ago though - always fun to watch and talented too unlike the twins. It is possible to have someone totally off the wall if they are good, and he's been working ever since.

Even if they don't win they can still have a great career - Gareth Gates, Ray Quinn, JLS, but if they haven't got it they'll disappear without trace after the live tour.

Love Jamie too and fantastic performance but would any record company think he would sell enough?

Love Jamie too and fantastic performance but would any record company think he would sell enough?

I think he would be a sure bet if marketed to the right audience. If his performance last night was anything to go by then I would definately buy his CD.

Thought Olly was good last night too. Up until then I thought he was a bit bland and they were playing too much on that silly move he does. It was nice to actually hear he could sing!

Absolutely. He could start off with the soft rock market, get a good fan base and then the world is his oyster as they say.

As for John and Edward, does anyone seriously think they will sell cd's? They might look like a couple of good time boys leaping around dementidly on the stage, but as they can't sing then I would say a recording contract is pretty much a no-no!

Jamie absolutely blew me away yesterday. Different league altogether is right.

Lucie, amazing but didn't like the song choice. Stacey, MUST learn to keep her mouth shut when not singing and stop that ridiculous little girl behaviour, it is not cute and it's not clever. I like Miss Frank, but they were bloody awful yesterday, and Simon is spot on, thank goodness the welsh kid is cute, because by gum, his singing ain't much! :razz: Rachel, AKA karaoke queen, can't make a song sound original, Joe, the quiet contender for the crown methinks, has the looks and the voice and the star quality. Danyl, very good, but... I don't know, there's something about him, he lacks what Jamie has, if Jamie wasn't in the competition, then he would have a good chance, but as it is, he pales in comparison. The twins, I am not even going to go there, they also are in a league of their own, but not in the good way I mean Jamie. :rolleyes:

The twins had me laughing so much i had tears running down my face. Oh and there red outfits were just so not for them.

Glad they make everyone laugh tho as u always need a bad person on the show to make it more real. Lets just hope the dont have the John Sargent following as it was thought he could go on and win the show last year which would be a disaster if the teins won.

Anyway i dont have a favorite just ones i want to win and the obvious marmite act due to them annoying SImon.

Cant see any of the groups leaving tonight based on sympthy for louie.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

• 2 weeks later...

They have sooooo got to go, and take that snivelling sneering spiteful little mentor of theirs with them :mad:

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hang on a minute...Theres already a band called Misfits !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misfits_(band)

A classic punk/hardcore band.

Reminds of that australian manager/idiot with the OTT hair who put together a girl band called Twisted Sister..doh !..then looked totally suprised when the original NY band sued him :)

Andy

I've changed my opinion of Stacey - mad as a box of frogs but totally adorable.

Life would be boring without the likes of Ms Soloman about

As for the twins, wheres the number to vote the twits off thats what I wanna know :razz:

Edited by freakyleaky