• Tweets

• FINAL UPDATE.  I have not posted as the defence were reading the thread.  An agreement was reached on the day of the hearing.   I am unable to go into detail but for those in this position the forum has been priceless support and advice so thank you all in the site team.   for those going through this, follow the process, ignore intimidating tactics and threats and get to the Judge.  They are very supporting of those self representing.   I note her name has gone from the heading of the thread.  Was this them ?  Thanks again.  
    • I'm not sure what the "appeal" system asked but he said he definitely didn't indicate he was the driver so I'm just going to have to take his word for it. Honestly, I don't think the hirer will contact them. I think my brother will tolerate it. I did have a similar experience with another company 6-7 years ago and sought advice on here then to which you guys told me to ignore, I got the exact same DRP letters and then a "Gladstones Solicitor" letter.  After that nothing happened and it died away. Based on my experience with that I assumed the same would happen here but only asked to see if perhaps anything had changed since then.    Hopefully it doesn't get to court but if it did, I feel like we have enough evidence to sway a judge who probably hates dealing with this type of nonsense anyway. Or maybe I'm too optimistic. 
    • Your attachment showing the cinema parking restrictions seems crystal clear. Let's see what the photos turn up.
    • Meter certification periods re given in The Meters (Certification) Regulations 1998, Schedule 4. From there you can check if they are correct about your specific meter .. https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1998/1566/schedule/4 If they're telling porkies then you have e clear grounds to tell them to take  hike. If they're correct or if you haven't been able to confirm then you have  few options. You could just keep fobbing them off. In general Octopus can't keep up with demand for smart meters. It took 9 months to get our. So they may not push too hard. Or ask if you can install your own choice of meter. The Electricity Act 1989 cover this in Schedule 7 (2) and (2A) https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1989/29/schedule/7 Or fight the them and their enforcement. Or go off supply.
    • We received a copy of the completed Directions Questionnaire (N181) from the solicitors along with a draft copy of their directions. I am on a course today so can upload over the weekend if needed. By 4pm on 16th May both parties must each give standard disclosure of documents by way of list by category. By 4pm on 30th May any request for inspection or copies of docs must be made and compiled 14 days thereafter. I will provide more over the weekend.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

X Factor - Stacey Soloman

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think Stacey may win this.

stacy solomon - Google Videos#

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She is possibly the most annoying woman I have ever ever seen or heard. Period!

7 years in retail customer service

Expertise in letting and rental law for 6 years

By trade - I'm an IT engineer working in the housing sector.

Please note that any posts made by myself are for information only and should not and must not be taken as correct or factual. If in doubt, consult with a solicitor or other person of equal legal standing.

Please click the star if I have helped!!

Bless her, she's just so excited to be in the final 12! I think she's a great girl, bubbly, pretty and full of talent.

There are far more annoying people in the world, who are obnoxious with it.

So, Stacey, you go girl. Sing your heart out and lets see you win this years X Factor :D.

(Could someone please shoot John and Edward? How the hell did those two talentless, immature idiots ever get through? It is an insult to all those brimming with talent who were turned down. They certainly didn't entertain me on Saturday night and just looked like a couple of kids jumping around at the school disco. YAWWNNNN!!!!)

Bless her, she's just so excited to be in the final 12! I think she's a great girl, bubbly, pretty and full of talent.

There are far more annoying people in the world, who are obnoxious with it.

So, Stacey, you go girl. Sing your heart out and lets see you win this years X Factor :D.

(Could someone please shoot John and Edward? How the hell did those two talentless, immature idiots ever get through? It is an insult to all those brimming with talent who were turned down. They certainly didn't entertain me on Saturday night and just looked like a couple of kids jumping around at the school disco. YAWWNNNN!!!!)

I couldn't agree more!!!!! Can't stand them. It's a disgrace that they got through, either Louis is mad, or it was done on purpose so that the public would have someone they love to hate. I love to hate them, but would love it even more if they buggered off home.

Mungy Pup

I want to live in a world where chickens are free to cross the road without their intentions being questioned. :razz:

My youngest was at college with her on a musical theatre course but Stacey had to leave because of her 'being with child'...

Just thought I'd pass that piece of useless information on... can't stand the X factor myself but from what my daughter showed me of the audition on u tube she seems to have a good voice and I wish her well as she's a 'local' girl... :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

I couldn't agree more!!!!! Can't stand them. It's a disgrace that they got through, either Louis is mad, or it was done on purpose so that the public would have someone they love to hate. I love to hate them, but would love it even more if they buggered off home.

I think you have hit the nail on the head - they are being used as this years love em or hate them act. The only people who love them are their mum and idiot 10 year olds who wouldn't know talent if it came up and kicked them :D

As for Stacey, well lets hope that missing out on her musical theatre course is more than made up for by being in the final 12. Personally, I don't think she has a clue of how good she is and I really hope that her confidence just blossoms.

I dont mean to be funny here but i like the twins in a way.

I like that they annoy Simon as i think he is annoying and a pain in the backside. Gotta give them credit for that.

I think either a group or Over 25 to win this year. I really wanted either JLS or Eoghan Quigg to win last year.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

We like Stacey and Olly, both from Essex so could we have the first X Factor (or Essex Factor) Wedding?

I like the boy from South Shields too - can't think of his name, and Lucie from Wales. Jamie too, but I don't think he'll win.

My daughter does like John and Edward but she's only five so has time to develop better taste. I think they are absolutely awful.

Typical that a girl group went out first, but really what were they wearing? :eek:

I will agree Jamie 'Afro' Archer won me at his first audition, well it does help when u sing a fav song of mine.

Danyl is also good hes a bit cocky but my son would love him as his teacher.

That Girl group, Kandy Rain, is a bunch of ex strippers so must have thought the outfits would have won them so votes.

I still think the twins are brill cause the annoy Simon.

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Don't warm to Danyl. He's got a great voice but boy does he love himself.

Kandy Rain I feel sorry for. As Dannii and Cheryl said they say they don't want to be seen as strippers but then dress like that. Actually I don't think Louis likes girl groups at all. He could have dressed them differently - they did actually have good voices.

In the early stages there was a girl group - one of them had got to boot camp/final stages last year or the year before. She was black with short hair and a fringe - can't remember the others too clearly - but they came on and sang a Britney Spears number as a ballad, or swing or something - possibly the song was "Toxic" - and they were brilliant and they disappeared completely - didn't even see them in the final 50.

I do think the finalists are chosen to a certain extent to spread them around the country - Ricky? with the hat for Scotland, Lucie for Wales and the twins :eek::eek::eek: for Ireland, so everywhere has someone to vote for, no matter how dire. Don't remember any other Irish entrants. If the groups had been given to anyone else they would not have made the final three.

The running order is also sooooo obvious. Apart from Louis the others put their weakest first and their strongest last. (Louis's were all weak so he put his favourites in last.) That way the last performers stay in people's minds and get the votes. Oh, I am such a cynic.

I LOVE Stacey Solomon. There is something very endearing about a girl who, when she opens her mouth she can't shurrup with that dreadful wittering yet when she opens her mouth to sing, the room is filled with a beautiful sound.

She comes across a genuinely lovely girl and I think the constant excitability is nothing more than nerves.

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

Don't warm to Danyl. He's got a great voice but boy does he love himself.

Kandy Rain I feel sorry for. As Dannii and Cheryl said they say they don't want to be seen as strippers but then dress like that. Actually I don't think Louis likes girl groups at all. He could have dressed them differently - they did actually have good voices.

In the early stages there was a girl group - one of them had got to boot camp/final stages last year or the year before. She was black with short hair and a fringe - can't remember the others too clearly - but they came on and sang a Britney Spears number as a ballad, or swing or something - possibly the song was "Toxic" - and they were brilliant and they disappeared completely - didn't even see them in the final 50. Misfits was the group. One of them is called marina berry and is a regular on bid.tv shopping channel. They were there but got kicked at bootcamp. Only 2 of them turned up due to other commitments or summing.

I do think the finalists are chosen to a certain extent to spread them around the country - Ricky? with the hat for Scotland, Lucie for Wales and the twins :eek::eek::eek: for Ireland, so everywhere has someone to vote for, no matter how dire. Don't remember any other Irish entrants. If the groups had been given to anyone else they would not have made the final three.

Simon did say if he got the groups they would not be on the plane. I think Louie is always gonna get the groups just look how popular and well the likes of Boyzone and westlife are. cant says he does not know what hes doing with Groups.

The running order is also sooooo obvious. Apart from Louis the others put their weakest first and their strongest last. (Louis's were all weak so he put his favourites in last.) That way the last performers stay in people's minds and get the votes. Oh, I am such a cynic.

I like Miss Frank they seem to have gelled well.

I thought Misfits were fabulous. How sad that one of them dropped out and they didn't see it through.

I thought this was the worst year ever for groups. Louis is fabulous with groups as you say. Unfortunately apart from Misfits there just weren't any really good ones.

I think Miss Frank have gelled well, but are they marketable (being brutally honest)? Susan Boyle is doing well from BGT but those three girls as a group sing well, but it would be very difficult to get them the kind of publicity that Girls Aloud and before them Spice Girls got.

Simon Cowell rocks!! he speaks the truth and that's what people don't like - he's spot on with his comments about the twins - they are talentless and are being used by Louis to annoy Simon because he can't rattle him any other way.

I hope Stacey goes all the way in the competition, she has a lovely voice and seems down to earth. The young lad from South Shields is probably a good bet too.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Absolutely agree. Her voice is fabulous and she really does come across as a lovely girl. She clearly wants to do the very best for her son and if she witters a bit does it really matter?

I did a poll on yahoo about whether the twins should have got into the final 12 and 87% said NO!

Usually they would have been thrown out for lack of any visible talent earlier than this. All finalists go on the X Factor tour after the show so they have already got a result. :(

The other thing that really appals me is the number of people who are encouraged to try for stardom when they are clearly absolutely hopeless. I know it makes for funny tv if that huge girl ?Michelle - the one who wore the wedding dress two years ago - comes back, having been thrown out of her flat for her singing and this time accompanied by her equally talentless sister - but honestly, the number of parents you see who come along with someone who can't sing a note in tune..... and think they are going to be the next superstar. Talk about rose-coloured spectacles. Half the time I think it's the parents who see themselves sunning themselves in a Simon Cowell condo - all on the back of their talentless children.

Stacey can sing and comes across as very genuine - but can see her being annoying after a while.

John & Edward won't go for a few weeks yet although I doubt anyone thinks they're good - I reckon people deliberately keep them in to annoy Simon because they like to hear his comments.

Haven't really decided who I like yet - can't remember half of them.

Absolutely agree. Her voice is fabulous and she really does come across as a lovely girl. She clearly wants to do the very best for her son and if she witters a bit does it really matter?

I did a poll on yahoo about whether the twins should have got into the final 12 and 87% said NO!

Usually they would have been thrown out for lack of any visible talent earlier than this. All finalists go on the X Factor tour after the show so they have already got a result. :(

The other thing that really appals me is the number of people who are encouraged to try for stardom when they are clearly absolutely hopeless. I know it makes for funny tv if that huge girl ?Michelle - the one who wore the wedding dress two years ago - comes back, having been thrown out of her flat for her singing and this time accompanied by her equally talentless sister - but honestly, the number of parents you see who come along with someone who can't sing a note in tune..... and think they are going to be the next superstar. Talk about rose-coloured spectacles. Half the time I think it's the parents who see themselves sunning themselves in a Simon Cowell condo - all on the back of their talentless children.

Oh that Talentless girl come to yarmouth and the only one who spoke the truth was me.

She was not wearing a wedding dress it was a dress her dad made her and basically he made it outta a pair of curtains.

She was not wearing a wedding dress it was a dress her dad made her and basically he made it outta a pair of curtains.

I remember that from her audition and she was so proud of the fact that her dad ran it up for her. Wasn't it burgundy and cream, and somewhat meringue like? I can just remember thinking how hideous it was.

I have to agree about the amount of people who seem to think their loved ones are just brimming with talent. I love it when they all crowd into the booth thing afterwards and start ranting on about how it's not the last you have heard of them. Any of them ever been heard of again? Nope. Thought not.

What about that French bloke this year who seriously thought he could sing? I just could not believe he was serious. I've heard donkies bray in tune better than he could sing.

Edited by Mrs E Blackadder