• Tweets

• as you mention the bpa sounds like its a scummy private car park lot blue badges mean nothing on private land anyway.............. so a failure to display something that is meaningless on private land anyway is a money grabbing scam moved to the private parking forum dx dx
    • who is it from  a council or a private parking company?
    • As per the heading, received a parking charge for failure to display a blue badge in a disabled bay on a retail park.  I am a blue badge holder, disabled/wheelchair user with a Motability vehicle. I received the charge as 'notice to keeper' I was not the driver. I don't have a valid driving license so use a carer. The notice arrived a week after the alleged incident. It states that as the 'driver' failed to pay the charge in full  hence, it is now the keepers responsibility ( the notice was dated 2 days after the alleged infringement and as no notice to driver was on the vehicle, I don't know how they expect the driver to be able to either pay or dispute the charge if they are not aware of it) Anyway, really looking for help how to reply. I cannot remember if the badge was correctly displayed or not. Photos taken of car miss a bit where I store my badge if not displayed so it would be possible to see a badge even if not 'correctly displayed" . It was a bit of a sh**ty day weather wise, gusty and raining  (as seen on the photos which reminded me of the actual day) so it is possible that badge blew to the floor as the driver was helping me out of the car into wheelchair. There is no windscreen photo showing that a PCN to "Driver" was stuck on the window either. The car park is free. There are no Parking Signs at all near the disabled bays that one could read to adhere to any terms and conditions. The whole row of disabled bays - of which are there many only state badge holders ( does not stipulate Blue Badge Holders) The notice states that the parking company is a member of the BPA and Operating in accordance with the British Parking Association's Code of Practice. The BPA, section 19.1 State that at least one parking sign should be near the disabled bays, in a position that can be easily  read by by a disabled person without leaving their car in order to decide to be bound by such terms. We returned to look for signage on the retail park and could not find one sign that was near the bays. The only sign we could find was high up on a pole but not near the bays. Someone had to get out of the car and stand on tip toes to be able to take a photo of a sign. I would be grateful if someone could help or point me in the right direction. It is now  15 days since the alleged incident and 7 days since I received the notice.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 162 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

The Spiceskull Manoeuvre:

Spiceskull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My new tactic:

Aim: To trip the bank up, and to get them to give out conflicting statements/advice

Method: Contact centre queue processes

Overview:

Contact centres, when dealing with first line enquiries, operate queueing processes, which basically means that your query is answered by the next available agent. By using the online 'contact us' features within accounts (in this case HSBC) and firing off the same query 20 times in succession, it is expected that I will receive 15 different responses...

For 'measurement' I will use my own 'reference number,' which I will request is quoted in all correspondence. The query itself will be a 'state of progress' enquiry about my refund request. Whilst not being the letter in it's entirety, it will offer enough information that each agent will respond with a different set of 'response templates.'

Once the responses start coming in, I will post discrepancies to the group...and will be able to provide this to the moderators, if they wish it.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

That'll be interesting...waiting for your posts of their varied responses..

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

I fired off my questions yesterday evening. They quote 48 hour turnaround. I expect to be posting replies tomorrow evening...I can't wait.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Update: well, I received a reply that was completely unsatisfactory. Here is the response (surprise surprise Mr Bowden..) and my reply to the response. I think that my mission has been achieved, and that they slipped up (though not how I expected) However, I think, that the response gives me plenty of ammo. They will no doubt reply that my impression is wrong, and that this is not what they meant in the reply...in which case why didn't he just say what he meant?

Message Dear Mr Skull

Thank you for your e-messages dated 22 March 2006.

I noticed that your query is still being dealt by my colleagues at the branch. Please note that I have today advised them to deal with your enquiry on priority.

You shall be contacted once the matter has been resolved.

Yours sincerely

Mr M Bowden

Manager Customer Credit Services

My reply:

Dear Mr Bowden,

Thank you for your response.

I notice that you refer to my e-messages (in the plural,) and that you have taken it upon yourself to reply to more than one query in a single response. Is this normal practice for the bank, as I specifically included a reference number with my messages, and requested that this be quoted in any response so that I may file my correspondence in an orderly fashion. All of my queries to the bank are individual, and each should be treated accordingly, and with all due consideration given to the special circumstances of each individual message

Your response also stated that "I noticed that your query is still being dealt with by my colleagues..." Noticed? Can you explain what you mean by "noticed?" Noticed is something that happens casually, or when things are just casually left lying around. Am I to imply from your response that my letter, to the manager, is just left lying around so that anyone who cares to can just "notice" it? If this is so, then make no mistake, I shall be raising this issue with the highest authorities, and reporting this gross dereliction of responsibility by the bank.

You also refer to colleagues in your response. My letter was addressed to the manager of the branch. As such I would expect my query to be handled by the addressee, not a group of nameless and unaccountable 'colleagues.' The nature of my letter was of the utmost severity and highly confidential in nature. I fully expect it to be dealt with by someone in authority, and have no recollection of authorising designation of this task to a colleague with lesser authority.

To be continued in a separate message due to the incompetence of the online message system, and it's inability to accept my response in it's entirety...

...continued. how is that for a laugh?

Finally, you state that I shall be contacted once the matter has been resolved. Let me make myself perfectly clear - I will NOT be contacted when the matter has been resolved! What I requested, and what I expect, is discussion of the issues raised. At no time did I request that the issue was to be resolved at 'second contact.' The issues raised, and my concerns, can in no measure be classed as 'resolved' without further discussion between both parties, and a full and satisfactory explanation by the bank regarding those issues.

Frankly, I am disgusted that my correspondence with the bank can be handled in such a cavalier fashion. I find that my confidence in HSBC to demonstrate integrity and expertise as my fiduciary has been severely damaged, and by association, my confidence in the banking industry at large has been damaged in the same manner.

Again, I wish to state my position with the utmost clarity. The nature of ALL my communications with HSBC are of the HIGHEST priority, and are of the STRICTEST confidence. Clearly you are not in the position to treat my communications with due dilligence and respect. I insist that ALL my communications with HSBC are escalated to a higher authority forthwith.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Skull.

A further update: I want to nail these bugg**s once and for all, so followed up my reply with the following:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Further to my earlier response, and notwithstanding the nature of my response, please could you clarify a point for me?

I am of the impression that Mr Bowden is a non-existent person, and that all responses purporting to be from him are, in fact, either automatically generated by a computer script, or are handled by a contact centre agent, using paragraphs from pre-defined templates.

Please can you categorically state that Mr Bowden is, in fact, a real person, and that he holds the position he claims, or confirm my suspicions that this is an automated/semi-automated query handling procedure.

Due to the severity and confidentiality of my concerns, I wish to ensure that my issues are being handled by the appropriate people.

Thank you in advance,

Mr Skull.

Know thine enemy - Give them no quarter

I would edit your posts to remove your name, but cant wait to read their response! :lol:

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

Hmmm - I obviously removed my details, but don't feel that my name is really an issue...but now I think about it you could have a point. Whilst they cannot use this against me in a technical sense, they could certainly make things very difficult for me...I think I will take you up on that advice - thanks.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks