quick LLoyds loan PPI query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

The answer used to be No, however that might have changed after the recent FSA announcement which can be found in the stickies. FSA said claiming shouldn't preclude reclaim if your PPI was missold.

Have a look at the stickies and post a bit more information about your PPI. How old is loan, which bank, how long did you claim for, is it frontloaded etc.

Might be worth doing a SAR so you get your original agreement whilst you have a look around.

• Haha 1

thanks for your reply Jan4a.

I'll try and have a look round the stickies later, have only just come across the PPI section (have been wondering where to get the info I need for a while).

The loan is a Lloyds one which I took out May 2006. I was told I had to have the PPI or wouldn't get the loan. The PPI paid out about 5 or 6 monthly payments.

Default notice Oct 08.

CCA'd them a long while ago and received copy of the agreement. Its on my other post here).

Account not in dispute, still unsure about that.

I've SAR'd Lloyds but still waiting to hear back.

Being hassled by BLS at mo.

What does frontloaded mean?

thanks for your reply Jan4a.

I'll try and have a look round the stickies later, (you should read the stickies first they are there to help you and to save the time of others who will try and help you) have only just come across the PPI section (have been wondering where to get the info I need for a while). Again read all of the links in the stickies. There is a load of information which could help you. It is better to read and study before you decide on any action IMO)

The loan is a Lloyds one which I took out May 2006. I was told I had to have the PPI or wouldn't get the loan. The PPI paid out about 5 or 6 monthly payments.

Default notice Oct 08.

CCA'd them a long while ago and received copy of the agreement. Its on my other post here).

Account not in dispute, still unsure about that.

I've SAR'd Lloyds but still waiting to hear back.

Being hassled by BLS at mo.

As Jan4a suggests you should read the stickies

here is an example

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

In this link you will find information on the mis-selling of PPI.

You will have to do some homework but a lot of information is already available to you within this forum. You just have to search and if then you need to ask then do so and someone will respond.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

What does frontloaded mean?

It means that the PPI was added to the loan and you paid the same interest on the PPI as you did on the loan. And also that PPI was paid upfront.

Have a search in PPI threads for Lloyds and see what others say - if their agreements from that year were frontloaded, then yours probably is. Mine was from a different bank and was 2004 so am not sure about Lloyds.

You need your SAR info back before starting the claim so have a look around until then so you know what you are looking for.

Jan

PS. AA is much better on PPI than I am so he'll be able to answer more complicated questions when you get started!