style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4034 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

this device looks great but out of my price range :( sick of getting silent/unwanted calls etc

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, it prob is but being on JSA every penny is spoken for,all Sky did was sent me a letter re unwanted calls etc, they said I can change my number, that is ok but they never give you an actual "NEW" number, it is normally a number someone else has had thus resulting in maybe still getting unwanted calls etc

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

yes, it prob is but being on JSA every penny is spoken for,all Sky did was sent me a letter re unwanted calls etc, they said I can change my number, that is ok but they never give you an actual "NEW" number, it is normally a number someone else has had thus resulting in maybe still getting unwanted calls etc

https://secure.dma.org.uk/tps/confirm/10338068

Have you registered with TPS ? I have popped the link above for you.

If the calls are from DCAs then it might just be worth having a change of number (register immediately with TPS) and then dont give your number to anyone other than trusted friends and family. Use a mobile for times when you have to give a number to a company for any reason.

• Confused 1

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

yep reg with TPS awhile ago and aslo with silent guard but seems to make no difference, like said as SKY give you a number someone else has had then not much you can do :(

Thanks any way

I would like to know how 192.com can publish anyones home telephone number,, even those that are supposedly ex directory. Still I guess they do anything for a price.

I would like to know how 192.com can publish anyones home telephone number,, even those that are supposedly ex directory. Still I guess they do anything for a price.

There is a huge thread regarding 192.com. You can actually demand they remove your details from their records.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Sorry, we did receive your message but it seems to have fallen by the wayside!!!

It will be sorted next week.

Don't worry

Thanks Bankfodder, ukaviator and alanfromderby.

Email received that card will be with me in the next few days.

I'm Looking forawrd to setting this little baby up, and I'll post my experiences/results in a week or too.

Much obliged to you all. Regards... Dave

• 1 month later...

I record all my calls now with companies, or if they're incoming and I don't recognise the number or it's withheld, but will be looking at getting a truecall one!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

• 4 months later...

Please note - that the CAG offer of the free Truecall memory card has now expired

But it is a great machine - available form Amazon.

You should never talk to your bank or your mobile phone supplier or your utilities company without recording the call - never, ever.

• 3 months later...

Hi all just an update my Truecall (had it 12 months) working perfectly. International and withheld calls now down to about 2 a month my sister in law who does not have Truecall and is to tight to buy one still gets about 10 calls a month of these types. So I believe that your number gets flaged in some way as don't bother to ring, this is great.

I have just started to receive calls from a telesales company in relation to red cross contributions. They were wanting me to incress my contribution told them no try someone who does not contribute.

I checked my Truecall log and have had 14 calls in last 2 days from this number some just hung up at shield others must have tried to get through as logged as wrong break through key just the one prate that did give the correct key even though the message is only for friends and family he got an earful.

I know that if anything did go wrong with my Truecall I would get another asap.

dpick.