Parking Ticket on a Motorbike in a bike shed ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone and this si my first post and thereason I came here, as I found a lot of information by looking through threads. And I'll be honest and say I think I have the answre but as circumstances are a little odd I thought I'd ask.

I am doing a course at a local college and the car park is maintained by a private company.

I arrived on a Saturday to do my course and the hours are from 9.30 til 12.30. Now I ride my motorbike as the only other vehicel I have is a big van.

When I got there it was rainy and the motorbike park bit is hidden away with nothing to secure a security chain to securely you can simply lift them over the top.

Anyway I parked there and walked into the reception and asked (this honestly isn't and afterthought I do really do this) the securit guy in the reception if it was ok to park my motorbike in the bike shed firstly as it covered and there is something I can chain the bike to properly, and he said yes.

On leaving my course I had a red enveloped parking ticket over the ingnition of the bike.

its by Valley Enforcement, they have a PO Box address in Newton Abbot. there nor irght of appeal and they actually stipulate queries will not be dealt with in person or on the phone.

The cahreg is £80 if not paid in 7 days reduced to £40 and its states:

The reason why charge was issued: "unauthorised not in motorcycle bay"

It was issued at 11.28 vehicle was seen at 11.18 and the lcoation of vehicle is listed as C.C.I :confused:

But I did seek and got authorisation by someone who was representing the establishment at the time. I was attending my course and had the right to be in the building and the grounds at the time. And AFAIK there is not signage in the bike shed. Which technically a motorbike is its just a bike with a motor.

So from all the advice I have found, it will be best to ignore them and they will go away. Then if they do pursue the matter they would have to prove that I was the driver of the vehicle am I right and if we do go to court the only thing they would be able to claim for the cost of the ticket. Which on a motorbike is free. I wasn't taking up a car bay or anything it was literally in a bike shed.

So would that be correct?

Would not the fact that I was attending a course in the building not prove I was the driver?

Would it be best for me to email them and inform them they are wrong and that I did get authorisation to be there. Which then admits that I was the driver?

I actually want to ask them for the proof of what it is they are stating.

And best of all I'll be back there next weekend to do it all again I expect, so I dont know if they will be able to clamp a bike or whatever ? But they'd have to break my security chain to take it away, which is where I'd probably wrongly demand it is criminal damage.

So I need some advice on which is the best path to take. I dont like the diea of ignoring everything so that it escalates but I'll be honest and say I'm not paying it and will happilly go to court, because I want to make the point. But please any advice will be greatfully recieved.

Thank you

can you post up the ticket minus personel details

when next in college, take a photo of the sign saying the car park is patrolled by this micky mouse outfit with your phone and upload that also

i take it there are signs every ware saying about clamping/tow away etc

google photo bucket

oh and if you haven't already guessed

its not a penaly charge notice .it's an invoice, so you can totally ignore it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

RIGHT as promised those pictures. . .

These are the one you get at the entrance.

*snip*

and there are a million of these ones about every 10 ft or so.

*snip*

this is the allocated motorcycle parking and I've deliberatly included the bollards to show you that they are not secure enough to secure a chain too. and as a result parking my bike there would probably invalidate my insurance.

*snip*

And that is the reason I sought permission from the onsite college representative to park over here in the bike shed. . .

*snip*

you should be able to see that they have the metal loop things to chain my bike up to. And no signs.

So I hope that everything you need and apologies for the shadowy pics, not a lot I can do with its location and a camera phone.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by TRB1
Took down pics

Because it's an unenforceable invoice from a private company masquerading as a penalty ticket. Only councils and the police can issue penalties - private companies can only issue invoices for products and services. They are trying to give you a penalty for alleged breach of contract, which is unenforceable in law as they can only charge for actual losses incurred.

It's a [problem]. Give out toilet paper, buy reg number from the DVLA, bombard victims with letters and watch the money roll in.

Don't quite know why photos have been asked for - it's just another private parking [problem]. But the signage is a mish mash of confusion and why are there two separate companies? Members of the public are forbidden but visitors are allowed - what does that mean?

Thanks again,

So if I ignore it and I have to park there agian next saturday again with the bike, am I not asking for trouble.

And if I do chain my bike up and they clamp it or try to remove it and break my chain where do I stand legally?

ok, well lets take it from the otherside, the 'owners' simply need to clarify with their parking 'company' that they allow you to park there.

i bet they are unaware of the issue of the 'bike park' being full or populated by other owners that you p'haps would not like to park next too - re damaged etc.

get perm from the owners & get them to tell the wardens.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

get clear written authorisation from the landowner. Once you have that then issue the PPC a Notice declaring your right and include a fee schedule (say 25 pounds per 'ticket' issued, 100 pounds per letter received).

I would suggest you remove the pictures regarding your invoice, the trolls that lurk on this site will be able to identify you from the time and date of issue.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

• 1 month later...

You will get a series of threat-o-grams, next one will be final reminder, then a 'debt collector' (them using another name) then another, then a 'solicitors' (them using another name) then another one or two, with final final final chances to pay.

And you...... IGNORE THE LOT.

Did you agree to a charge? Did you agree to their contract? NO! So, you owe them nothing,

By the way, please send me £50 too. That is my fee for you reading this post.:D

This morning they sent a NOTICE TO OWNER. parking charge £105.

:eek::eek::eek:

So still ignore it ? and is this going to be my life now ? constant letters and knock at the door from debt agencies

No one will be 'knocking at your door'. this is exactly what they want you to believe, it is all part of the bluff. So, yes absolutely ignore it and all the rest of the toilet paper they send you.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

You will get a series of threat-o-grams, next one will be final reminder, then a 'debt collector' (them using another name) then another, then a 'solicitors' (them using another name) then another one or two, with final final final chances to pay.

And you...... IGNORE THE LOT.

Did you agree to a charge? Did you agree to their contract? NO! So, you owe them nothing,

By the way, please send me £50 too. That is my fee for you reading this post.:D

lol

cheers for that and I'll take the £50 out of the cost of reading this post :D

Thanks letshelp as well.