Repayment agreements - Metropolitan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4230 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can someone give me some advice on this please?

I came to an agreement with Metropolitan ( acting on behalf of HSBC) to pay £25/month towards a debt. That was 2 months ago and I've made the payments since then.

Metropolitan now write to say that they now "need" to reassess my position with a view to increasing the payment.

I did notice that when they agreed to my proposal of £25 /month they said that the agreement was subject to change at their discretion.

Anyway, I'm surprised that they want to increase the payments after only two payments. Their original acceptance was clearly a tactic to get me in the system so they could screw me for more money later.

The total debt is £2,800

Where do I stand on this? I'm concerned that they won't agree to anything I suggest except on a temporary basis and they'll keep coming back for more every couple of months. Do I have to agree to increasing the payment and what will happen if I just say that £25/month it is for the moment?

Any advice/experience ?

Thanks

Valhalla

I am afraid that this is a tactic that collections use. Metropolitan are part of HSBC, just a couple of desks along, with a postal address round the corner. They have no staff!, so when you think that you are dealing with a third party, you are not.

Couple of things to think about in the mean time:

Have they defaulted your account, with a mark on your credit file.

Do you have a default notice from HSBC.

Have you seen a copy of your agreement.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

write back and say you have assessed your situation and here is my £1 a month

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)