Internet Trolls - An Opinion

F_DCAs
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely right, Mr T. I've been victim to that kind of harassment myself (thanks, LTSB!), and I've been inside a couple of companies where I've witnessed first-hand the sickening way these companies treat people.

It left a strong enough impression on me to want to see the whole financial system self-implode.

I do stress completely that there is no excuse whatsoever for the bad things that DCA monkeys say to people..none whatsoever, but it does happen sadly.

Its like when i watch "Rogue Traders" - they may go on about rotten electricians,plumbers or whatever...not all will be bad - but there are many that are & its what gives their industry a bad name etc..

The difference here is that the country will always need plumbers,electricians etc...there is no reason whatsoever to have DCA's & they should all just go out of business overnight :mad:

Isn't it about time that DCAs were regulated? I still find it hard to comprehend that these organisations are taking money but are only 'governed' by guidelines. Or am I wrong? The trouble is, when you get into debt it is very frightening and embarrassing and they know this which is why they continue to a)use the kind of tactics they do and b)rely on people being too scared or embarrassed to report them to anyone. Also, when you know nothing about how to handle your debt, you don't even know that you can report them.

I am sick of hearing from the trolls that people only have themselves to blame for their debt and should pay up or else. Well, I suppose that is partly true and some people are perhaps addicted to spending and will never mend their ways. BUT what about those of us who have ended up in debt through things like redundancy or ill health that could never have been foreseen? Until it actually happens to you, you would never believe how the debt collection industry treats people. I wonder how some of these debt collection employees would feel if they were suddenly on the receiving end of the sorts of harrassment and hounding that they dish out themselves. I suspect they would be the ones shouting the loudest about how unfair it is. Somewhere, there must be someone who has worked for a debt collector but then found themselves in debt and being hounded - probably by a former colleague. I would love to hear how they found being on the receiving end for a change.

I think it is good that the likes of Anne Widdicombe are taking some of our problems with the persistent offenders on board, but how much good it will do in the long run is anyones guess.

The problem with DCAs is that they are regarded by the government as legitimate businesses and there is no doubt that their leaders are very successful businessmen but then again so are the Mafia and drug dealers.

What other country would award the CEO of a DCA the award of Young Businessman of the Year in 2007.

Two questions to ask Blackadder and ODC, as they made a couple of very interesting points :

1. Where's this depression thread?

This thread seems to have disappeared which is a real shame. Perhaps it was removed because it was started by a troll (called himself Bernie Schitts), but so many of us left messages of support for one another and helped with explanations of things like bi-polar/manic depression.

The troll obviously thought he would wind up people with mental health issues, but it just backfired on him in quite a spectacular way :D.