Sheriff Officers handed letter in which was not in an envelope

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5247 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice for my friend.

She is currently struggling to pay her rent (arrears have built up). She's applied for Housing Benefit but is waiting for an outcome.

Yesterday 2 Sheriff Officer's appearred at her door with a 6 page letter about taking her to court & detailing the amount she owes. My friend was at work at the time and it was the childminder who took the letter. The letter was not in an envelope so the childminder would have been able to read the contents of the letter! Are they suppossed to hand in letters with no envelopes, allowing other people in the house to see your personal business? She's mortified!

Does anybody know?

Thanks

First off complaint to Council, then contact the council's legal department and her local councillor.

Can you state what council it is - is it one of the Ayrshire councils ?

Look at DELBOYTROTTERS link below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/87560-bank-account-arrestment.html

and the link from govanlawcentre

Untitled

Get e-mails of today to the Council and also send letters signed for

DO NOT LET SHERIFF COWBOYS BULLY YOUR FRIEND

Hi,

thanks for the replies. I think she comes under Lanarkshire Council. Are there any letters available which she can use to complain? (I can't seem to find any and I'd be no help to her as I'm no good with letters.)

Thanks

• 1 month later...