• Tweets

• Our picks

• Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies
    • Oven repair. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/427690-oven-repair/&do=findComment&comment=5073391
      • 49 replies
    • I came across this discussion recently and just wanted to give my experience of A Shade Greener that may help others regarding their boiler finance agreement.

We had a 10yr  finance contract for a boiler fitted July 2015.

After a summer of discontent with ASG I discovered that if you have paid HALF the agreement or more you can legally return the boiler to them at no cost to yourself. I've just returned mine the feeling is liberating.

It all started mid summer during lockdown when they refused to service our boiler because we didn't have a loft ladder or flooring installed despite the fact AS installed the boiler. and had previosuly serviced it without issue for 4yrs. After consulting with an independent installer I was informed that if this was the case then ASG had breached building regulations,  this was duly reported to Gas Safe to investigate and even then ASG refused to accept blame and repeatedly said it was my problem. Anyway Gas Safe found them in breach of building regs and a compromise was reached.

A month later and ASG attended to service our boiler but in the process left the boiler unusuable as it kept losing pressure not to mention they had damaged the filling loop in the process which they said was my responsibilty not theres and would charge me to repair, so generous of them! Soon after reporting the fault I got a letter stating it was time we arranged a powerflush on our heating system which they make you do after 5 years even though there's nothing in the contract that states this. Coincidence?

After a few heated exchanges with ASG (pardon the pun) I decided to pull the plug and cancel our agreement.

The boiler was removed and replaced by a reputable installer,  and the old boiler was returned to ASG thus ending our contract with them. What's mad is I saved in excess of £1000 in the long run and got a new boiler with a brand new 12yr warranty. 

You only have to look at TrustPilot to get an idea of what this company is like.

• Thanks
      • 3 replies
    • Dazza a few months ago I discovered a good friend of mine who had ten debts with cards and catalogues which he was slavishly paying off at detriment to his own family quality of life, and I mean hardship, not just absence of second holidays or flat screen TV's.

I wrote to all his creditors asking for supporting documents and not one could provide any material that would allow them to enforce the debt.

As a result he stopped paying and they have been unable to do anything, one even admitted it was unenforceable.

If circumstances have got to the point where you are finding it unmanageable you must ask yourself why you feel the need to pay.  I guarantee you that these companies have built bad debt into their business model and no one over there is losing any sleep over your debt to them!  They will see you as a victim and cash cow and they will be reluctant to discuss final offers, only ways to keep you paying with threats of court action or seizing your assets if you have any.

They are not your friends and you owe them no loyalty or moral duty, that must remain only for yourself and your family.

If it was me I would send them all a CCA request.   I would bet that not one will provide the correct response and you can quite legally stop paying them until such time as they do provide a response.   Even when they do you should check back here as they mostly send dodgy photo copies or generic rubbish that has no connection with your supposed debt.

The money you are paying them should, as far as you are able, be put to a savings account for yourself and as a means of paying of one of these fleecers should they ever manage to get to to the point of a successful court judgement.  After six years they will not be able to start court action and that money will then become yours.

They will of course pursue you for the funds and pass your file around various departments of their business and out to third parties.

Your response is that you should treat it as a hobby.  I have numerous files of correspondence each faithfully organised showing the various letters from different DCA;s , solicitors etc with a mix of threats, inducements and offers.   It is like my stamp collection and I show it to anyone who is interested!
        • Thanks

I have received a court summons and no Fixed Payment Notice

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4038 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I today received a summons for a speeding offence from June. All I ever received was a Notice of Intended Prosecution, which I admitted to the offence, signed and sent straight back, which the police received.

Im not sure why I have got a summons, and was expecting a Fixed Payment Notice.

Any ideas whats happened, it's ruined my weekend. I am honest and willing to pay but now am afraid I will get a higher fee and penalty.

Please help. Thanks

Hi, Yes I do have proof that I sent the Notice Of Intended Prosecution and they did receive it. I was doing 51 in a 30 zone, contrary to section 81 (1) and 89 (1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 and schedule 2 to the road traffic offenders act 1988.

I got spotted by a mobile lazer van, going from a 40 into a 30 zone, dual carrage way, Halifax Road in Sheffield.

Hope this helps.

Norrishawk,

Sorry, there your answer. I am not sure of the % limit, but because you have travelled at what is regarded as a dangerous speed, you have been summonsed instead of getting a Conditional Offer of Fixed Penalty - sorry to advise - you may well get more than 3 points.

Yopur only hope is to now post on here all the relevant dates - when was the offence - when did you get the NIP , when was it posted out to you etc - anything you can think of please. Then I will have a look at the dates and see what can be done. Even the date on the NIP if you can find it and the date you received it .

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Hi,

I do not currently have any points, and have not had any for about 10 years.

The offence was on the 4/6. 8/6 they sent the combined NIP to my workplace as was a company pool car I was in (On way to a training course), my workplace advised it was me. I then received a NIp at home address on 29/6, I returned ASAP and police received back on 2/7. Today 10/10 I received the summons.

I was rushing home as my girlfriend is pregnant and was not feeling well.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Norrishawk,

OK from what you say ; we dont have a chance with those dates that you have supplied. NIP served in time etc.

The only chance now is the date that the summons has been stammped as being issued . Has to be within six months of the date of the offence. I DO NOT need to know the date on the envelope or the letter that came with it - I need the dater stamp on the summons, referring to the date of issue.

Cheers - Scousegeezzer

Norrishawk,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but everything appears to be kosher. All the dates appearr to be within time.

Because your speed was deemed to be so high, you have been summoned instead of receiving an Offer of Fixed Penalty. The fine will be high and you will probably get more than three points. There is a very slim chance that you may be disqualified for a short period. You were allegedly travelling at the speed limit plus over 66% more. That is the reason for the possibility of a short ban. If there was a school in the area, you may be in trouble. Depending on how badly you need your licence , needed for work etc; it may be advisable to get a solicitor. He can plead your case for not being disqualified. You could do it yourself, on grounds of hardship and this being your first offence ( or first offence for ten year etc). That decision will have to be yours - depends on how much value you place on your licence and future insurance premiums. Sorry I cant help any further .

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Thanks for your help. How high do you think it will be? Is there not a limit? Also how long to you think the ban would be for if there is one?

I have the option to Plead guilty in writing without attending court, I have to send off a plea form and my financial details.

Would it be best to attend court or plea guilty via post?

Norrishawk,

With the alleged speed being so much more than the speed limit, I would advise attending in person. You can then address the court in person and they will see how sorry you are when you give your mitigating circumstances - if there are any. That will also give you the opportunity to address the court if they are minded to disqual you for a short time. How much the fine? How long a ban ? I would not like to say. Dont want to give any false hope.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

How come you're all so helpful wtih this guy who did exactly the same speed as me in the same zone, yet I get treated like a pariah by a few of you!!

Because he came on asking for advice and then didn't start gloating about how he got off with it and how proud and safe he was driving that far above the speedlimit?