Betfair keeping my money

gersnet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6446 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya folks,

hopefully someone can give me some advice on this.

I have a few accounts on the betting exchange betfair, recently their verification team e-mailed me for further verification details for my accounts, so I duely sent off scans of bills, passport etc and a few hours later I got e-mails saying both accounts have been validated, but when I logged in it was still saying my accounts were suspensed.

Then a couple of hours later I got this follow up e-mail:

Dear Stuart

On further consideration of your situation is has come to our

attention that you have opened multiple accounts with us and have

been engaging in promotion abuse.

Please note that you may only register for our promotions once. I

would like to draw your attention to part of the terms and conditions

for our promotions:

"1. The Promotion is only open to the new subscribers of

Betfair - online sports betting exchange, bet on football & horse racing fixed odds ("the Betfair Website") who have been referred via

football/rugby etc bet... These users must have provided betfair.com

with their verified debit or credit card details and not yet bet on

the Betfair Website.

4. Betfair.com reserves the right to exclude you from the Promotion

and from the Betfair Website if it believes that you have tried to

benefit from these promotions by using more than one user name. In

such instance, you shall not be entitled to participate in the

Promotion and betfair.com shall not be obliged to provide reasons to

you for such exclusion."

In this instance it has been decided that your accounts will remain

permanently closed. The funds held within the accounts cover the

monies you received from us by breaking our terms and conditions by

engaging in promotional abuse.

Yours

Alex Taylor

Now, I have had several betfair accounts, but I have certainly not engaged in promotion abuse as they say because each time in each account I have bet a couple of hundred pounds at a time, which is hardly the actions of a promotions abuser.

I have a genuine reason for using several accounts in the past, this is for depositing purposes as you can only deposit with one paypal account or bt click and buy account per betfair account, and I have several paypal accounts, so the only way for me to keep my betting funded was to open new accounts.

If I have used a promo code more than once, then I apologised for that, and told them it was a genuine mistake and gave the evidence mentioned above, but they now seem to be ignoring me.

They still have £399.32 of my money within the suspended accounts and say they will keep it to cover the costs of my so called promotion abuse, but I find this grossly unfair.

I have betted thousands of pounds with betfair and they will not be down money because of me, they earn comission on any winnings I have and bets that I lose, so I dont see why they should keep my money.

The reasons I have stated above are genuine and can be proven, as they will know, but they are just ignoring my e-mails.

I know that using a promo code more than once will be against their rules and I have made a genuine mistake - but can they just keep my money like this?

does anyone know how I can fight this? and recover my cash

Many thanks

Stuart

Was it won using the promotions?

not directly no.

although both accounts may have benifited from the promo

i.e. a free £25 matched bet on each account.

but the accounts have been active for a while and would have seen a good bit of turnover.

I have deposited much more than £25 on each account.

Betfair will have made plenty of comission from me, I dont mind them closing my accounts if they have to but I am really annoyed that they just want to keep my money and ignore my e-mails.

Guest NATTIE

What you might want to say to them is to deduct any gain that you had from promotion codes that you were not able to have and to refund the remaining amount

What you might want to say to them is to deduct any gain that you had from promotion codes that you were not able to have and to refund the remaining amount

When they were still communicating with me , I offered to do that, and they said I could have £24.

They said the total ammount of credits I got were 382.73 , which doesnt quite calculate.

I am not convinced by this, and even if that was the case I dont think they can just keep my money.

Because like I say its not as if they are down money - they have made plenty from me in commissions and I have a genuine reasons for opening other accounts for depositing purposes, and if they were willing to reason and review my case they would see this, but they just hide behind the data protection act.

ask them how they calculated £24

will try that mate, but the b**tards will probably ignore me or hide behind Data Protection Act.

I can actually still log into both accounts and see the money, but I get a message saying the accounts are suspended.

When I call the help desk their staff are just reffering me to e-mail the verification team who keep accusing me of this promotion abuse and ignoring.

But I am not willing to let them keep my cash, and will continue to pester them.

what is your username on BF?

HSBC Current - Prelim sent 14/07/06 £585 claimed :shock:

Halifax Current- Prelim sent 14/07/06 £176 claimed:eek:

HSBC Current- LBA sent 25/07/06 £585 claimed:cool:

Halifax Current- LBA sent 25/07/06 £176 claimed:cool:

Claims settled 12/08/06 Halifax £176,HSBC £485 :p

A & L Switching Bonus 03/02/09 £100

Citi Financial Europe PPI reclaim 02/06/09 £1890 :cool:

I could highlight your case on General Betting if you're banned.

on the forums yes-someone might be able to help on there?

sorry, infact when I tried to post a message it said I couldn't.

could you please post up the following for me:

Hiya folks,

hopefully someone can give me some advice on this.

I have a few accounts on the betting exchange betfair, recently their verification team e-mailed me for further verification details for my accounts, so I duely sent off scans of bills, passport etc and a few hours later I got e-mails saying both accounts have been validated, but when I logged in it was still saying my accounts were suspensed.

Then a couple of hours later I got this follow up e-mail:

Quote:

Dear Stuart

On further consideration of your situation is has come to our

attention that you have opened multiple accounts with us and have

been engaging in promotion abuse.

Please note that you may only register for our promotions once. I

would like to draw your attention to part of the terms and conditions

for our promotions:

"1. The Promotion is only open to the new subscribers of

Betfair - online sports betting exchange, bet on football & horse racing fixed odds ("the Betfair Website") who have been referred via

football/rugby etc bet... These users must have provided betfair.com

with their verified debit or credit card details and not yet bet on

the Betfair Website.

4. Betfair.com reserves the right to exclude you from the Promotion

and from the Betfair Website if it believes that you have tried to

benefit from these promotions by using more than one user name. In

such instance, you shall not be entitled to participate in the

Promotion and betfair.com shall not be obliged to provide reasons to

you for such exclusion."

In this instance it has been decided that your accounts will remain

permanently closed. The funds held within the accounts cover the

monies you received from us by breaking our terms and conditions by

engaging in promotional abuse.

Yours

Alex Taylor

Now, I have had several betfair accounts, but I have certainly not engaged in promotion abuse as they say because each time in each account I have bet a couple of hundred pounds at a time, which is hardly the actions of a promotions abuser.

I have a genuine reason for using several accounts in the past, this is for depositing purposes as you can only deposit with one paypal account or bt click and buy account per betfair account, and I have several paypal accounts, so the only way for me to keep my betting funded was to open new accounts.

If I have used a promo code more than once, then I apologised for that, and told them it was a genuine mistake and gave the evidence mentioned above, but they now seem to be ignoring me.

They still have £399.32 of my money within the suspended accounts and say they will keep it to cover the costs of my so called promotion abuse, but I find this grossly unfair.

I have betted thousands of pounds with betfair and they will not be down money because of me, they earn comission on any winnings I have and bets that I lose, so I dont see why they should keep my money.

The reasons I have stated above are genuine and can be proven, as they will know, but they are just ignoring my e-mails.

I know that using a promo code more than once will be against their rules and I have made a genuine mistake - but can they just keep my money like this?

Many thanks

Stuart

many thanks

Stu

Am sorry but to them your reasons of opening up several acounts as each only accepts one paypal account etc probably won't stand up - why do you need to fund from different accounts? etc etc

And you have broken their t&c's

1. by having more than one account

2. by using introductary promotions more than once

think yourself lucky there was an online poker player who lost ~ $100k as he had more than one account and they shut it.

I used different paypal accounts because those were the ones that had funds in them and the ones I could use at the time.

They will see that on any betfair account I have ever had there has been a different method of funding it.

I am annoyed at their lack of response and don't think myself lucky as it was a genuine mistake and now they are keeping my money, whether I broke terms or not.

think yourself lucky there was an online poker player who lost ~ $100k as he had more than one account and they shut it.

ps , how do you know this, is there a link to the story or anything?

The 2+2 Forums: "JJ-Land - All JJ Posts Here!" AKA "What really happened..."

and I had an online account closed for 'money dumping' there is little you can do

em the situation is a tad different.

the above case is a different company, relating to poker fraud, they guy admits to cheating so the company are quite entitled to keep his money.

what is money dumping?

I managed to contact a lawyer within betfair and reached a settlement of keeping my account open and retaining £160.00 io my money.

I will let Betfair keep £250.00 since I had used the promo code more than once.

But keeping my account open and retaining £160 of my money is much better than them keeping the lot - I am more satisfied now.

• 2 weeks later...

I took advantage of 2 different promo's, the paypal free 15 quid and the 25 quid worldcup. To be honest, i didnt study the t&c's fully.

I dont leave any money in there, as i only bet for fun world cup etc and would lose far too much money on big bets.

Did i abuse the promo's also? Should i ditch one or both of the accounts?

Thanks for your thoughts, Mike