style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A man in a red van just came a knocking.

I didn't speak to him (Mr Roff, apparently) as I didn't answer the door.

He did however drop a letter through the letter box stating his intention to return "from 6am 19/11/09".

The interesting thing here is that it was Mr Roff who wrote the last letter stating his inauthority to return the case to the council.

The bill has now been re-issued by the council, so is now a hair over £200, not the £650 Chandlers is claiming.

Here's the problem: I can't continue to keep all doors locked and windows closed. We're moving house in the next few days which involves the doors being well and truly open (in my limited experience, removal boxes don't fit through cat flaps!).

I'm now at a loss as to how to get rid of these people. They are aware of my partners vulnerable situation and that the bill is incorrect, and yet Mr Roff still decided that a visit was a good idea. A visit for which they will which undoubtedly charge us a pretty penny for.

Since he's threatening to return anytime from 6am tomorrow there's no time for a letter to be sent.

Please, if anyone has any more ideas, I'd be enternally greatful.

Ahh the delightful Mr Roff, he is very good at calling early, he has been at my door by 6.45am once before and my neighbours extremely early too!!!

He will in no doubt try and charge you for the hire of the red van too, which I believe is his as my street seem to be a favorite place of his and he is always in that van!!!!!

The charges he has added are quite clearly incorrect as he cannot charge £400 for visiting, in my recollection he attempted to charge me £110 for the hire of his van!!!!

I do know that they are in contact with the council as they have actually told me this before, could you take a letter to the local council, not sure how good that would be but just a thought.

We have a solution!!!

A very nice chap at Swindon Council called Chandlers to ask why they are attempting to get so much money from us. Chandlers say that their accounts were out of date (or something to that effect).

I don't believe Chandlers retort for a moment, especially as the chap from the council said he phoned them *yesterday* to give them an updated balance. He was as confused as we were as to how Chnadlers were trying to claim almost £450 more than was due.

So, they have reached a deal with Chandlers that we will pay Chandlers directly a single payment to cover their costs (

Yay!! At last, a sensible result!

Thanks to everyone at CAG for your advice :)