cabot full final

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5287 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hiya all

Was on a dmp with cccs but decided to do my own so rang cabot to do a payment plan with them, mentioned and full & final total amount owed was 5600 but after a lot of haggling got the settlement down to £2600 which my parents have offered to pay they said they will email me in the morning the full and final letter.

Just wundering what people think of the offer and is there anything i should be wary of, I told them that the letter must state it is full final and they noone will pursue the debt

• 3 weeks later...

ok will be settled wth Cabot on the 28th Im happy to have 3k knocked off the bill.

Also cca Cahoot sent all relevant paperwork today received letter from Moorcroft basically saying full payment needed before legal proceedings in the county court are issued I was on a dmp with cccs but pulled out of that so has anyone got a template to send asking account details for setting up standing order for what i was paying last time

regards

if you have setled with crabot ensure that ou get it in writing that any other pe art of the debt is NOT sold/past on or in anyway giben to another lowlife later.

send moorcrap an acount in dispute letter, chances are the letter you got was just a template computo-matic threat

What are they going to do re your creit file? Report it as Paid in Full? Any chance of getting any negative parts of your credit report deleted?

Getting £3K "knocked off your bill" is NOT the way I would look at it, however. As stated, they probably only paid 10% for the debt and now are making a HUGE profit - which then enables them to go along and hassle more people.

For me, the limit of any offer is 15%, on the assumption that these shareks should only make 50% profit, at most.