Car warranty cover, can it be cancelled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry if this is in the wrong place:confused:

I'm trying to help a friend. I found out today that she purchased a brand new car. The salesman was obviously very good at his job because he convinced her to take out an extended 3 year warranty. (the car has a 5 year warranty anyway)

She paid for the car outright approximately 4 weeks ago. She paid for the warranty yesterday in full by card. As she paid this off in one go after signing a credit agreement she incurred a charge for early settlement. (£200 i think)

Her first payment (by direct debit) would have been due on the 10/10/09.

After time to think about this (and comments from family and friends) she has decided there is no need for the warranty at all.

Can she request her money back and cancel the warranty?

There is a clause on her "agreement" which states

You have no right to cancel the agreement under the consumer credit act 1974, The timeshare act 1992 or the financial services (distant marketing) regulations 2004.

the insurance would be separate

what has been quoted is not being able to cancel a hp agreement signed on traded premises

the norm is that you can cancel the warranty before 30 days are up

who is the warranty with

who did she pay on the card

She originally signed on 09/09/09 so if the 30 days count then this is a very close call.

I believe she paid barclays partner finance who also cover the warranty. (i think)

Should I knock up a letter and get it in the post tomorrow? sent special delivery.

What would be the correct thing to say?

Thanks so much for your help

as the normal 30 day to cancel is about up, i would do the following

tonight , write a letter to barclays stating you wish to cancel the mechanical insurance as of todays date and the premium i paid on xyz by debit card to be refunded back to my card,

then tomorow, walk into barclays to the personel bankers, show them the letter and get them to ring barclays partner finance to confirm

then get the letter stamped on with the date and ask for a photo copy

its for your protection

be quick

you only have a few days and will loose the right to cancel

no PPI. It was paid in full.

How does this sound? is there any regulatory quotes i can add?

I recently purchased a car and was persuaded by the salesman to take out an extended 3 years warranty. As of yet I haven’t received any documentation regarding the warranty purchase.

I hereby give you written notice that I wish to cancel the extra extended warranty and require a full refund as this purchase was not required and not wanted and I feel I was pressured into taking it at the time of sale and believe it was miss-sold.

Sorry to sound dumb but should the letter be sealed in a envelope?

I will print 3 copies and send one direct to barclays finance take two to barclays branch (not sealed) and get them to date stamp one copy and keep that one?

you are missing the point

ill try and explain

as you only have a few days to cancel, time is against us

you have two identical letters

go into barclays and give one letter to the personel banker and ask them to contact the warrinty people on the phone to confirm your request

ask barclays to then send the letter on to the warrinty people, say because of the postel dispute the internal mail will be quicker

then get her to date stamp the copy and leave with it

thats your proof for your request

• Haha 1

brilliant thank you so much.

I gonna get her to send one special delivery aswell, just as a back up. They will have letters coming out of their ears!!

I just hope she does stand her ground in the bank.