Welcome Finance Phone Calls

merbie13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4871 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:evil:HI THERE!

I HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH WELCOME FINANCE WHICH I AM BEING LATE PAYING

AS MY HUSBAND IS SELF EMPLOYED AND WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR HIS CLIENTS TO PAY.

THEY ARE PHONING US AND

TODAY I RECeiVED A CALL AT WORK EVEN THOUGH FROM START I HAVE TOLD THEM

I AM NOT ALLOWED CALLS AT WORK, AND HAVE TOLD THEM THIS OFTEN

INCLUDING LAST MONTH WHEN SHE LAST PHONED ME AND

I TOLD HER I HAD BEEN TOLD OFF AS I AM NOT ALLOWED PERSONAL CALLS AT WORK.

SHE DID SAY THAT SHE WOULD NOT CALL ME AT WORK

WELL TODAY ONCE AGAIN SHE HAS PHONED ME AT WORK.

I HAVE EXPLAINED TO HER BEFORE THAT I WORK AT A DENTAL PRACTICE

AND IT IS UNPROFESSINAL TO SPEAK ABOUT THESE THINGS AT A RECEPTION DESK IN FRONT OF PATIENTS

AND PLUS WE ARE NOT ALLOWED CALLS.

IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO GET THEM TO STOP THESE CALLS AT MY WORK PLACE.

I CAN ONLY TAKE SO MANY TELLING OFFS FROMM BOSS BEFORE HE GETS REALLY CROSS !!!:evil:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Your Street

Town

City

Postcode

DATE HERE

Company Name

Road

Town

City / County

Postcode

Re: Harassment by telephone

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I have verbally requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls. (Delete if necessary)

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Communications Act (2003) s.127 and I will report you to, FOS, OFCOM, Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine.

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

[NAME HERE]

Thank you for quick replies! Can i just adapt this then to cover the work calls. I am not so bothered about home all mobile as i can ignore them and just answer when i need too

Many thanks

Hi, if i were you, i would leave the letter to state NO PHONE CALLS because once they start, they don't stop, any time.....any place...anywhere!! I have first hand knowledge they hounded me for years before i found this site.

best wishes

• 4 months later...

Thanxs for tips above.

Work calls have stopped after i said it was harrasment to phone me at work

and would make a complaint to police if she continued to phone me at work.

But have got myself in a tizz.

Hubby is selfemployed and things have been tight so have buried my head in sand and not made apayment since dec.

Thing is our Accounts manager who is rude abrupt and the most unpleasant women in world

is ring constantly and leaving messages.

I have not answered her calls as am sick of being charged £25 for the awful experience of having her on phone .

she has even rung us from her home number as it came up as a local number and we stupidly answered.

now i cant avoid for ever but dont know what to do for best.

We were sent a letter recently offering us a lower settlement but we cant afford to settle as much as we would like to.

The last couple off messages have had a bit softer tone to her voice but with the saying of

"can u have the courtesy to ring me" its still making me dread phoning her!!

(she behaves as if i owe the money personally to her!!).

Hubby who is a doorman at local club even had her ask him to let her in for free as he had let her down!!!!

little bit of advice i could have to get my head out the sand would be great:cool:

Sorry for essay xxx

demand why all telephone contact numbers have not been deleated as to your request ref harassmant

why are they calling and charging 25 quid when there are to be no more calls and every thing in writing

do you have your agreement to hand

Will get hubby to help me do that later as not very technical and dont even know how to work our scanner. I take it from looking at other threads that something is going on today with welcome also are they on a comission based thingy ???

merbie sounds like my account manager could even be the very same one :lol: try not to get stressed post your agreement up when you can im sure someone will find something amiss its rare not to. In the meantime ignore phone calls and if answered accidently I would be inclined to say I have requested contact in writing only I am not willing to discuss this goodbye and hang up *then mentally picture the steam from ms wf manager ears lol*

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

The steam would be from her ears not yours at the fact you refused to speak to her the mental picture it brings is hilarious! :D

I agree with our account manager if i came across her in a dark alley it wouldnt be pretty :lol:

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

merbie sounds like my account manager could even be the very same one :lol: try not to get stressed post your agreement up when you can im sure someone will find something amiss its rare not to. In the meantime ignore phone calls and if answered accidently I would be inclined to say I have requested contact in writing only I am not willing to discuss this goodbye and hang up *then mentally picture the steam from ms wf manager ears lol*

I back up the advice beyond has given, dead right when the Lady ( beyondhope, in case your confused :p) lol. says it is rare not to find something wrong in their useless agreements.

even if you know it`s those Slimy Horrible Gits on the other end of the phone, just deny you are the person they want, you don`t know who they are at all so refuse to answer any of the security details when they ask. That REALLY Spins them Out, because they can not go any further unless you answer those security questions correctly. :grin: lmao

Cheers, MARK

Edited by mark1arby
deletion

Hi! i have forgotten about getting my cca on here,

will have to badger hubby more!

I have had a message left on my answer phone from a different person today from welcome,

asking me to ring as they need to confirm our national insurance numbers,

is this for ny paticular reason or is another way of trying to get us to ring them???

I personally wouldnt ring EVERYTHING in writing! if scanning is a problem just pop the figures on with the letters by the side e.g amount for credit £XXXX (a)