• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Ive got a funny feeling.....MBNA PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to you all..I hope some one can advise or guid me through the mine field that is ppi claimimg.I was made redundant in sept 08 and imediatley got a job working for the n.h.s. as a tempery worker and was there till the end of may when the person i was covering for[long term sick leave] returned to his job.I managed to get a job labourering for a builder but i had to join the c.i.s. scheme [tax] and register as self employed which i did.Unfortunately the work tried up and i was finished on the 16 sept 09 and that is where i find myself now.Im claiming on all my credit which im paying ppi insurance on,already i have a funny feeling these snakes are trying to wriggle out of paying out...they dont seem at all sympathetic to my plight and dont seem forthcoming or helpful,two are saying they dont cover temp worker's or the self employed,i was card's in full time when i took these card's out and i have worked as a temp or self employed for over a year since i was made redundant and feel i have done all i can over the last year to stay working and paying these bill's....They want to know the inn's and out's of a duck's arse and im beginng to worry,any advice would be welcome......cheer's mancman16

Cheer's for those link's 42man i will have a good look,is that the case then?If they wont pay out or put so many obsticles in my way i could claim my payments back?Am i o.k. to post my dealing's and any outcome on here?I feel im out of my depth with all this myther and i think the insurance company's know that and are taking the pee.

Hi to you all..I hope some one can advise or guid me through the mine field that is ppi claimimg.I was made redundant in sept 08 and imediatley got a job working for the n.h.s. as a tempery worker and was there till the end of may when the person i was covering for[long term sick leave] returned to his job.I managed to get a job labourering for a builder but i had to join the c.i.s. scheme [tax] and register as self employed which i did.Unfortunately the work tried up and i was finished on the 16 sept 09 and that is where i find myself now.Im claiming on all my credit which im paying ppi insurance on,already i have a funny feeling these snakes are trying to wriggle out of paying out...they dont seem at all sympathetic to my plight and dont seem forthcoming or helpful,two are saying they dont cover temp worker's or the self employed,i was card's in full time when i took these card's out and i have worked as a temp or self employed for over a year since i was made redundant and feel i have done all i can over the last year to stay working and paying these bill's....They want to know the inn's and out's of a duck's arse and im beginng to worry,any advice would be welcome......cheer's mancman16

You should read the stickies at the top of this forum. There you will see what you will have to do to reclaim any PPI you consider mis-sold.

You should take time to read through them all (a mammoth task) but the information is there to enable you to get a successful outcome.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

Full SAR for ppi

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

any questions just post them up in your thread but please read and absorb the info in all of the links it will help you on your way to reclaiming mis-sold PPI. :)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thank's Alanalana ive been looking all over the site trying to find a simaler example to my misery,im a bit battered by it all to honest,loads to take in....im a numpty with out like this...thank's anyway back to the stickies.p.s. my spullins roobish aswil......:D..later's

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all just an update on my situation,ive sent all the relevent forms and proof that the insureres have asked for,but one has all ready refered me to a collection firm.Is this normal?has they have not even processed my claim yet and the firm is already threatening me with charges ? Any tought's you have would be most grateful..

Hi all just an update on my situation,ive sent all the relevent forms and proof that the insureres have asked for,but one has all ready refered me to a collection firm.Is this normal?has they have not even processed my claim yet and the firm is already threatening me with charges ? Any tought's you have would be most grateful..

If you have PPI and you are unable to claim or your claims are refused then the PPI was clearly mis-sold. In this case you should claim mis-selling from MBNA and ask for your money to be refunded. I have already posted the links to look at earlier.

If you then get threats of charges write to the Financial Ombudsman Service and submit a complaint for mis-sold PPI. Once you have done this you should point this out to whoever is giving you harrassment and tell them your account is subject to a complaint to the FOS.

Your thread title is re MBNA but above in red you state one has already referred you to a collection firm. Are you having trouble with more than one PPI claim ?

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi all the mbna card is the the only one as yet that have passed my account over to a collections agency,ive just opened another letter and the t.s.b have also passed my account[ c.card]over to thier collection department.The letter asked me to phone them if i could not make a payment[which i cant]which i have but i could not understand the woman on the phone,i think she wanted me to go through my income and out goings over the phone but to be honest i could'nt understand her at all,i asked her if the call was being recorded and she said yes so i stated for the record that her acent was to strong and that i did'nt understand her,so i asked her to send me her request in the post is that the right thing to do,t.s.b have not yet processes my ppi claim and have passed my account over to thier collections dept,seems a bit daft to me to refer me to thier collection dept when thier insurance should be paying?

• 3 weeks later...

Evening all.well today ive just received a letter from st andrews insurance the company that insures my m.b.n.a. abbey c.card.They say that a policy exclusion applies to my particular circumstances....help...:(.Do i try to claim back my p,p,i.? what do i do now?,the vulchers are hovering any advice on how to hold em off would be most helpful...cheer's.

evening all....ive sent a letter to Abbey/mbna asking them to susspend all interest and charges to my account pending my complaint to thier insurance provider's.ive also sent a letter to St Andrews the insurance company and told that i dissagree with thier decision and that i would like them to reconsider their decision and if they dont i will be forwarding my complaint to the financial ombudsman for consideration. Doe's that sound o.k? Any tip's on dealing with these lot would be most welcome.

Hi all,ive received a income-asset expenditure form from mbna.....do i fill it in?they have not aknowledged the letter i sent asking them to stop the interest and extra charges they are adding.Ive not heard anything from St Andrews either regarding my rejected unemployment claim.Do i start trying to claim back all the preimiums now?The collections agency[R.M.A] are still pestering me on the phone,i tell them that the case is subject to a dispute and that i'de rather deal with m.b.n.a. direct ,am i within my rights to do that?.......Sorry if i seem a bit thick but im really not use to all this..my brain feels like mush...:sad:

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at your thread I would suggest the best option is to submit complaints in each case for mis-selling PPI to the Financial Ombudsman Service and send copies of all the correspondence between all parties. Once you do this then you can tell the Debt Collectors the accounts are in dispute as you a reclaiming PPI from the creditors ie mbna/abbey.

At the same time you should send letters to each creditor requesting a full refund of the PPI (But you must have a valid reason to claim mis-selling. As I have already posted earlier in your thread)

The other thing is to keep details of all phone calls from any DCA (keep a log of all calls) and insist all communication is written and that you will refuse to acknowledge any debt until the PPI issue is resolved through the Financial Ombudsman Service.

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 4 weeks later...

Just updating my position,mbna called me today and said that if i paid them £3.500 they would settle my £11.500 acount,seems a bit weired to me anyone one else had this?By the way i cant get my hand's on that much cash if i could i would'nt be in the position i find my self in today.

I have sent all the extra paper work to their insurance company[st andrews]so they can further consider my rejected ppi claim,am i better firing all the paperwork onto the onbudsman and regiestering my complaint with them now or wait till i get a final letter from abbey and St Andrews??? Thank's in advance for any comments...cheer's :confused:

Just updating my position,mbna called me today and said that if i paid them £3.500 they would settle my £11.500 acount,seems a bit weired to me anyone one else had this?By the way i cant get my hand's on that much cash if i could i would'nt be in the position i find my self in today.

I have sent all the extra paper work to their insurance company[st andrews]so they can further consider my rejected ppi claim,am i better firing all the paperwork onto the onbudsman and regiestering my complaint with them now or wait till i get a final letter from abbey and St Andrews??? Thank's in advance for any comments...cheer's :confused:

Have you complained to the Financial Ombudsman Service yet?

If not you should IMO make it a priority but ultimately your choice.:)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi all,just an update......St Andrews insurance have now accepted my claim and paid m.b.n.a what was due to them.....:-D.Seem's that all the letter writing has paid off...thank you for the advice,i followed it and ive had the result i was after..........:-D:-D:-D...Cheer's

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,just an update......St Andrews insurance have now accepted my claim and paid m.b.n.a what was due to them.....:-D.Seem's that all the letter writing has paid off...thank you for the advice,i followed it and ive had the result i was after..........:-D:-D:-D...Cheer's

Check your statements I bet you owe more now, as the PPI will not cover payments, MBNA still charge PPI charges every month, not stop until claim PPI finished, St Andrews blame MBNA/ vice versa.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: