Roxburghe Debt Collecters...New Tactics???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My vehicle received a parking ticket back in February this year and I was not the driver, which fortunately I have concrete proof. Having read this forum and others I knew I would be getting the two letters from Roxburghe and two letters from Graham Smith Solicitors. I received the two from Roxburghe but was slightly dissappointed to only get one letter from Graham Smith Solicitors. I thought that it might be as result of me ending my last letter thus:- "Please be aware I shall deem any further correspondence to be harassment. I will report not only you and your company, but also your client APCOA Parking Services (UK) Ltd to Trading Standards Institute, The Office of Fair Trading, CSA, BPA, CCUA and if necessary the Police, should you contact me again." Which I actually did (but not the Police bit) following Graham Smith's first letter.

Imagine my surprise (and secret delight) when today, 8 months after the incident, I receive a phone call from Roxburghe asking for their money! Fortunately I kept my calm, repeated that I was not the driver and said I had no obligation to tell them who the driver was etc etc etc ....you all know the score. I actually ended up begging them to take me to court, but they would have to confer with their client.

Is this Roxburghe in the death throws in attempting to extort money or new tactics that they are trying out???

Anyone had similar experience?

Edited by johidd
incorrect title

Your letter just marked you as a live fish and so it has been passed back to Roxburge to concentrate on.

Ending letters with threats just proves to them that you do not understand the [problem] - which is what they like to see and what they use to decide which people to pursue for longer.

You'll know for next time - never contact any of them.

On the other hand, it's fine if you want to give them what for on the end of the phone!

Thanks for your comments, A127.

However I believe that I do understand the [problem] completely and in my previous threads from way back, I explained that I was unemployed (which unfortunately is still true today) and had all the time in the world to play cat and mouse with them. I did reply to Roxburghe's initial letter, which I know full well goes against forum advice but even so I felt cheated that I never received my second letter from graham Smith (or Sobell). I was caught a little off guard when they rang me this afternoon as I like to be prepared and have all the facts at my fingertips. As a result (and you will throw up your hands in horror!!) I rang them back to express my disgust at the breech of OFT Debt collection guidance July 2003 (updated December 2006): Section 2.4 Paragraph (f) and their bullying tactics in contravention of The Protection From Harassment Act 1997 and should they dare to contact me again etc etc etc.

I don't purport to be a martyr but they have limited resources, and if I can keep them busy chasing me, then there is a possibility that someone else will slip through their net.

Yep, I'm sure you get what's going on, but you have to realise that any flustered letter they receive makes their eyes light up. They know they act unlawfully, but any dialogue that doesn't tell them to shove it where the sun don't shine will make them think you don't get it because they think you're taking the charge seriously enough to complain.

Personally I like the approach of asking them to provide an invoice number so you can issue them with a purchase order, as if you're a business. Then regretfully tell them you are unable to pay as without an invoice you can't put them on your list of approved suppliers etc. etc.

I wonder what they would if you asked them for a couple of trade references?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I wonder what they would do, if you asked them for a couple of trade references?

Sam

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

I wonder what they would do, if you asked them for a couple of trade references?

Sam

Probably send you another letter from their DCA threatening dire consequences for non payment.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.

From one of their demands

"Please note that in the absence of payment or any valid dispute we will pursue this matter - with or without your co-operation. If we do not hear from you withing 7 days we will pass the matter to our solicitors, Graham White, who will review your case for potential legal action"

Unfortunately even when you do co-operate with GW and ask them to take you to court they still don't. :confused:

Edited by asmodeus
typo

I note that a real Graham White Solicitors has this on the their website

"We are in no way connected with Graham White Solicitors or Roxburgh Debt Collectors"

Would guess they have been hit by a wee bit of flack being blamed for the doings of the West Byfleet scamster firm of the same name :)

did some digging

Graham White Solicitors is a trading name of Michael Sobell, Solicitor

??? :)

...Who works for Hackney (or Harringey?) borough council.

Many people on CAG have already had the spades out on this one. Hopefully knowing who he is now only serves to reassure you that escalating this to "solicitor level" is no escalation at all. :grin:

My son's had the usual 4 letters from a PPC, 2 from Roxburghe and 2 from Graham White's.

He has also had 1 phone call from Roxburghe and also 1 phone call from Graham White's. Both times I answered, that he was not the driver and both times I was told that he should put that in writing to them (no chance). I told them he was under no obligation to and not to ring again.

To date he has had no further contact.

They have spent money on obtaining the RK details and 8 lots of postage, 2 phone calls and they will get nothing in return, not really a good business model.

The ignore route is the best way as it gives them nothing.

Evington

My son's had the usual 4 letters from a PPC, 2 from Roxburghe and 2 from Graham White's.

He has also had 1 phone call from Roxburghe and also 1 phone call from Graham White's. Both times I answered, that he was not the driver and both times I was told that he should put that in writing to them (no chance). I told them he was under no obligation to and not to ring again.

To date he has had no further contact.

They have spent money on obtaining the RK details and 8 lots of postage, 2 phone calls and they will get nothing in return, not really a good business model.

The ignore route is the best way as it gives them nothing.

Evington

That's you off their christmas card list. Sorry for mentioning the 'C' word.

regards

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.