Barclays,Debt Managers,Credit Security

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5295 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all...Apologies up front if I'm in the wrong place. This is my first post and my computer knowledge is on par with my knowledge of navigation around this site.

A quick history..

Default on loan with Barclays £15000 in 2005

Payments to DM Ltd up to date

Letter from Call Serve-pay within 7 days

Call from Credit Solutions saying they now manage the debt

Next payment witheld since 12 days-no harassing phone calls or letters

I have made one payment but after looking in here I am wondering who exactly owns the debt as I have nothing in writing. Sound familiar ?

Where do I go from here ? CCA request to Barclays ? Hope someone can give me some advice.Thanks

I would start with a CCA to Credit Solutions tbh, they say they are managing your debt, see if they have a CCA to collect it.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

Thanks so much for the feed back...letter going in the post in the morning.

A couple more questions...

Do I have to specify 'proof of assignment' or would that come under the 'together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide' part of the template letter ?

Print name but not sign it on the letter ?

Where on the site do I find info on the 12 +2 once the letter is sent ?

Just covering my bases here !

• 2 weeks later...

Posted off my cca request to Credit Security and today received this reply from Call Serve....

We acknowledge receipt of your undated letter which has been forwarded for our clients attention.

Please note all correspondence relating your request for a cca should be addressed to our client direct: DM Ltd etc

We trust we have clarified the position and look forward to receiving payment in accordance with the agreed terms.

Have I blown it by not dating the letter although I have the receipt for recorded delivery ?

Are they acknowledging that they are not legally allowed to collect this debt by forwarding to Debt Managers ?

I have not paid them for the last month as I wanted to find out who they were...the next payment is due soon. Should I continue to pay or wait till I know who can collect it ?

Thanks again to mike and berry for the earlier advice..