Default notice on credit file - TMOBILE

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been wondering why my credit score seems to have plummetted recently so i checked my credit file and it seems that T-Mobile have put a default on it for £20 that they say i owe them. As it shows all the previous payments as green (on time and right amount) i was a bit unsure why the final payment of about 25 payments was down as a default. I've phoned them and they said there's nothing they can do about it but i've definitely not heard a single thing from them in regards to any payments i owe them. £20 seems a little steep to default someone on, does anyone know what i can do to contest this? As obviously i'd have paid 20 quid if asked instead of ruining my credit score.

Regards,

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

You might have some luck (as others have, but unfortunatley not myself) simply writing a polite letter asking them to remove it. It might work. Others have nagged them long and hard enough to get them to remove it, and others have failed.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that the same rules do not apply with regards to serving a proper notice etc, you are a bit stuck.

Take a look at the Telecoms forum for further guidance - and good luck!