Advice Required - DCA/UU

seeker27

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya Folks,

I received a letter from Moorcroft's earlier today, its a notice of intended litigation(thats how its worded in the letter). I admit to falling behind with my agreed monthly payments, this being due to me being diagnosed with cancer and everything going to pot! My brother informed them on the telephone of my medical situation and we didn't hear anything until yesterday.

My thoughts are to write to them and explain why the payments have been missed, and to enclose a cheque for my usual amount as a measure of goodwill and informing them that I will re-start the monthly payments.

My operation to remove my tumor is next week and then hopefully life will return to normality!

I would appreciate any advice given, so know I await your input.

Namaste,

seeker27

PS I have now downloaded the UU Trust Fund and will complete and send off tomorrow.

If you've been diagnosed with cancer get in touch with McMillan, they have various people who can help you deal with financial issues and if Moorcroft don't listen to them they will be in big trouble.

Don't send a cheque to them at the moment, you have a valid reason why payments have been missed and they should listen - are you sure you are actually liable for the debt - Moorcroft have chased me for three debts which were long paid to the original creditors this year alone and when challenged via a CCA request they ran away.

Hi seeker

Sorry to hear about your health problems, good luck with the op

Hope the following is of use . .

CSA

Debt collection & Default Guidelines

In attempting to carry out collection in default payment, members of the association should:

l) Have due regard and deal sensitively with individuals where evidence has been given, or is apparent that the individual is incapacitated by mental or physical disability

OFT Guidelines

Physical/Psycological Harassment

2.6 Examples of unfair practice are as follows:

f) Pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

If you've been diagnosed with cancer get in touch with McMillan, they have various people who can help you deal with financial issues and if Moorcroft don't listen to them they will be in big trouble.

Don't send a cheque to them at the moment, you have a valid reason why payments have been missed and they should listen - are you sure you are actually liable for the debt - Moorcroft have chased me for three debts which were long paid to the original creditors this year alone and when challenged via a CCA request they ran away.

sillygirl1, thanks for the advice which I will take on board. Also, I'll refrain from sending a cheque! Any ideas on how to word a letter?

Namaste,

seeker27

Various - The Goth Anthology [/url];2483326]Hi seeker

Sorry to hear about your health problems, good luck with the op

Hope the following is of use . .

CSA

Debt collection & Default Guidelines

In attempting to carry out collection in default payment, members of the association should:

l) Have due regard and deal sensitively with individuals where evidence has been given, or is apparent that the individual is incapacitated by mental or physical disability

OFT Guidelines

Physical/Psycological Harassment

2.6 Examples of unfair practice are as follows:

f) Pressurising debtors to pay in full, in unreasonably large instalments or to increase payments when they are unable to do so

great advice Revanant - thanks! this will be my 4th op for cancer in 5yrs, so I'm an old hand now!!! I even enjoy the damn operation!!! Weird I know!!!

Namaste,

seeker27

sillygirl1,

forgot to mention that I do owe UU the money:-(

however, the quality of our drinking water is disgraceful, as we have had it tested(I must find the photo and show how bad it is - we purchased a water filter system which also removes fluoride).

I will research whether we do have to pay for water when it is of such poor quality!

Namaste,

seeker27