Buchanan Clark + Wells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Having recently received one of those nice little letters in a brown envelope from these chaps, I sought advice and ended up here!:D

Wow - what a place, and now realise they must have bulk mailed recently.

So do these shysters buy bad debt and use under hand tactics to recover whatever can? Do they generally only take on debt that is virtually impossible to recover?

Mine goes back approx 6 years since any payment was made, and have not heard from them since. The thing is, it's all so long ago and I can't work out if it's 6 years exactely or not. :confused:

What happens if it is only 5 years and 6 months and I send a Statute Barred letter, and could I potentially be hanging myself? :eek:

I read on these forums that that chances of it being SB are very high, and that is the very reason BCW have taken this on in the first place - can anyone confirm this please??

have you checked ur records and seen when exactly last payment was made?

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

when did u change bank accounts?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

ok then and i can guess u have not made payment from that bank account towards this alleged debt?

Is there a way u can find out from ur bank statements ( if u have them) when u opened the account?

also we would not normally advise this but have u checked ur credit referance file?

I have not made payment from my current bank account to this alleged debt. I can check when I opened the account I currently have, and will come back on this..............

I haven't checked my file recently (in last 6 months), because it has been clean and healthy - are you saying this could now be on there? If so, how can they remove it and apply when they see fit?

Would checking with Experian - Equifax do any damage as I know all searches are recorded?

Before I request this report, what are the chances of them having reinstated against me?

From what I understand they would been be pretty stupid to do this as the alleged debt is now so old - I’m not 100% sure on this though.

Hi, The badman.

I'll move this thread to the Debt Collectors Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

then u can work out if SB. JUst ignore BCW for now it seems like a fishing trip.

So are you saying they are probably just mailing out to see what response they get? I've seen on here people calling them pratts, are the that bad??

I am going to ignore it ;),and see what steps they take next - I'll expect another letter shortly and that too will get ignored.

Awaiting confirmation from my bank, and IF they confirm my currently active account is more than 6 years old, then my old now closed account used to make payments for this alleged debt will also be over 6 years old - then SB it is!.....oh and my file is CLEAN! :D

its more than likely a fishing exercise by that we mean just mailing to see what response they get.

If your file is clean in relation to this alleged debt then we can more than likely say its over 6 years old.

• 1 month later...

so what happens if they get no response - what can they do?

I have now received a second letter with even greater demands for payment - should I still ignore, or SB letter time after I've checked out my credit report?? Surely they are just trying it on here in the vain hope I will pay up??

Ignorre the letter again, they are trying to collect on what is an unenforceable debt. Any court will query why they did not contact you well before the 6 year deadline.

I would also NOT check your credit report as they will be alerted and send out even more threatening letters threatening to 'trash' your files.

This lot should also be reported to Trading Standards and the OFT.

They can keep on sending letters, that's really about it. In the very rare event that they send a doorstep caller round, just remember that they have no authority whatsoever, and tell them to bog off, as politely, or not, as you like.

I ignored letters or 6 years, until I was able to send Stat Barred letters, nothing ever happened.

thanks HuffandPuff - that is pretty much what i expected. Unfortunately I have checked my report and these is NOTHING there at all on this - even me checking surely is not admitting that I allegedly owe this money??

They can send whoever they like - i will answer and say that person has moved!

So - does the SB letter actually work then??