Account in dispute letter help please.

mccarthybaby

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4551 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

am recieving letters from DCA regarding outstanding debt and am trying to find a templete letter to put account in dispute as the amount they are asking for is mostly if not all made up of charges. Actuially i think after i have recieved statement and gone through them they will owe me!!!

Can anyone help please?

thanks

Leah

Have you lodged a county court claim for the return of these charges.

If not, read the Reclaiming Guide at Link No1 in my signature below.

If you don't have all statements for the last 6 years, get them by sending a SAR.

If you already have them get to work on your SOC.

:)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

SAr request was sent out 01.09.09 and have heard nothing back yet, just lots of letters from DCA asking for other £1000 O/D on this account was only £260??!!!!

They have even rung and my OH has informed them that the account is in dispute due to the amount being asked for is charges, but they have said they still need payment and will take him to court. Just after a template letter to send off saying account in dipute. So that if we do ever get to the court stage - them taking my O/H to court at least we can show that we have done enough if that makes sense?

Thanks

Don't forget they have 40 days to comply and send you all your statements.

Here is a letter you can use...

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your ref:

Thank you for your letter of **DATE**, the contents of which are noted.

I am disputing the total value of these debts with **BANK** due to unlawful and unreasonable charges. As such, therefore, I consider this account to be in dispute and no further action or payment shall be made until this matter is resolved.

As per OFT guidelines Section 2.8k "not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt."

This process may take some time, due to the Office of Fair Trading's test case, but I will try to expedite this issue as a matter of urgency.

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the assumption that you would prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Recieved a letter from barclays saying along the lines of they will not send SAR info until they have confirmed identity. Changed address and didnt formally inform them. They want me to go to nearest branch with details of new address and confirm signature again too.

Then i will have to request any info that i require and new time frame will commence.

My question is, they have been sending countless letters here saying account overdrawn and also DCA stuff so they do have my currant address??? They are well over their 40 days for SAR.

i'm a bit stuck at what they are playing at really??

What is my next step??

If they've sent you a/c statements to the new address, go back and confirm that, as they have no problem using the address for other matters, they should use it now and supply the SAR data without further delay.

Or, to nail it properly, take your confirmation of address doc'ts (recent utility bills) with photo ID confirming your signature (passport, driving license) and have the bank copy your doc'ts to confirm the new address.

Once this is done, give them their 40 days then follow up with non-compliance letters if nec'y.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)