NGJ vs CAP1

ngj78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3954 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So am I right in saying that I simply wait for a termination notice and then dispute my CCA again? or do I wait and dispute the termination?

Thanks as always.

I've received another letter from Crap1 today reminding me of the default so any guidance on my next step greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

If someone could provide me with assistance as to my next step, which letter to write etc it would be greatly appreciated, I'm beginning to get a little desperate and nervous now!!

Many thanks

Sorry I cant advise you but do try and chill out. Remember your account is in dispute and these agreements are naff. For your info they are not sending out the reverses anymore but reconstituted different versions with the signature page and section 23 so imo those reverse pages are junk and they know it.

My account was terminated about 7-10 days after the 28 days given so you wont be too long then just sit and see what the postman brings and post back up. Ps phonecalls stopped dead on the 28th day, week off and capquest started but just refuse to speak.

Edited by Craigbadger

Right had an 'official default' letter now.

This can be seen at http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/njohns78/CAP1/Cap1defaultletter21-5.jpg

Basicaly says account terminated.

Right to demand full balance. May add costs to this.

Notify credit ref agencie :( (only part that concerns me!)

May place or sell the account to debt collection agency.

I'm presuming I need to reply to this letter?

Thanks in advance.

Wait and see what happens.

Thats just confirming theyve terminated your account and can now ask for the lot. Just a formality really which I guess you knew was coming. I didnt bother replying.

Chances are it will be with someone else next week, post back when as theres a template letter when someone else trys collecting while in dispute.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

After sending the advised letter to FTC, advising that the account was in dispute, I've now had a response.

This can be seen at: http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/njohns78/CAP1/FTCletter11thJune.jpg

Basically though it simply says:

"thank you for your recent communication.

Please be advised that we have contacted our client on your behalf who confirm that all requests have been fully complied with and therefore this account is not in dispute.

The balance is correct."

Next step please??

Thanks as always.

Sorry cant help you yet, I had a similar letter saying they are awaiting a response from there client and will contact me shortly.

Dont worry anyway, just stay off the phone and see what other junk they send. Sure someone will post something more useful. :)

All theyve sent me now is a copy of Cap1 s original account is dispute response and a in/exp sheet. I'm just ignoring them, as far as i'm concerned the accounts in dispute.

Have you told them you wont speak to them on the phone?, that all I did and they havnt rang since. Remember they are only ringing to bully you into paying.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello folks,

It's been a while since I've hung out around here :)

Update on my Cap1 dispute is that I've not heard from them for going on 3 years now. I believe that this debt will be wiped from my credit file, so to speak in about 3 more years.

I was after any advice on offering to settle this, and whether I should. (FYI its a good 5 figure sum). I hope to be able to be in a position to get a mortgage next year so its whether I wait until nearer that time, and then settle, or whether I'm better settling asap, if that is advisable.

Any advice on suggested settlement figures is appreciated. I presume if I was to contact Cap1 that doesn't cause me no problem? as I said the calls have stopped for a good 3 years now!

Merci.

Hi

The only reason to settle with Cap1 is to get the default totally removed from your credit file. They would rather stick needles in their eyes than do this so, if you feel you have to contact them, make sure that any settlement offer includes removal of the default as otherwise they are likely to mark the account as 'settled' or 'partially settled' neither of which do you any good whatsoever.

IMO save for the next 3 years then wait for the default to drop off.

Oh yes, with any settlement, always start low (10%) with an upper level in mind.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE