NGJ vs CAP1

ngj78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I've been piggybacking others threads to date, as they had recieved the same letters as I had - recent CCA etc.

However today I got my SAR info back, which did come as a surprise.

Included in it was my original signed agreement - which was oven more of a surprise.

Any feedback as to whether this is valid and next steps are greatly appreciated. Like all on here the sooner I can deal with this the better.

I have toyed with seeking (paid) professional help as my debt is over 10k. Again feedback on whether that is useful (and may save me money is appreciated - i pay about £340 a month to cap one currently).

Page One of my SAR letter response: http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/njohns78/CAP1/cap1SARreplypg1.jpg

Page two of my SAR Letter response:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/njohns78/CAP1/Cap1SARreplypg2.jpg

CCA Page 1:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/njohns78/CAP1/CAPoneCCApg1.jpg

CCA Page 2:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/njohns78/CAP1/CAPoneCCApg2.jpg

Thanks as always.

NGJ78

p.s I'll definetly be donating to the running costs if I can clear this one :)

Jogs, are you suggesting that this isn't valid or what they have sent isn't a CCA. I've just rechecked my links and I see its called Credit Agreement but that then the CCA information is on the back - surely it should be before my signature.

Sorry if I'm asking obvious questions, this is the first card I've got to at this stage.

Thanks in advance for any other comments/feedback.

Mr_J

sorry if I'm still being slow, I've read loads of threads but struggling to see my next step. Others I've read are from behind in payments or who have PPI issues - of which I have neither. I'm still paying as I don't want to put marks on my credit score (as I'm starting a business and seeking funding for that).

Thanks in advance.

Mr_J

Hi,

With any agreement, there has to be KEY terms before the signature

APR

Credit limit (or a statement saying one will be set)

Repayment terms

The second sheet has no link to the first as far as I can see therefore, it cannot be relied on.

In my humble opinion, unenforceable

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

bump, if I may :)

How very polite of you :)

Bit of an issue here.

I don't think you can put the account into dispute on the back of a SAR.

The only way I have seen to put it into dispute is to CCA them first unless you have already done so.

Hold fire for more advice but don't expect much on a Sunday.

Book mark this page:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

When you have the definitive answer, letter 9 is the one

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Hi,

Yes send the account in dispute letter.

As for paying, it is down to you. As you say you don't want to screw your credit file. Have you checked it to make sure it isn't already?

What this may allow you is the opportunity to offer a Full & Final settlement but before you do so, have you claimed back any charges you have paid?

Thanks Silverfox.

My only charges since I've had the account is the odd £12 late fee. My credit score has 3 'slightly delayed' marks for this year for payments that have been a month late, so isn't in too bad a state, hence why I want to keep paying.

Just wonder how seriously they will take me if I keep paying though!

Thanks.

What will happen if you stop paying is they will get even more heavy with you and they will screw with your credit file even though they shouldn't. The only way I have seen so far to get them to remove adverse info is to go through the courts.

While you are still paying they will happily continue to accept it

• 4 months later...

Right, I've been slow getting this uploaded, as was Cap1's reponse... but attached is a copy of a letter I received back from them.

Now that they have located the CCA (or what they are claiming to be!) they included this too - this is the same as before. A signed application and then T's & C's seperately.

Page one of the letter: http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/njohns78/CAP1/Cap1DecLetter0001.jpg

page two of the letter:

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/njohns78/CAP1/Cap1DecLetterpg20001.jpg

Thanks in advance for your advice folks.

Mr_J.

As far as I can see, you are now deadlocked. They are saying they have complied so I assume that "agreement" is all they have.

Your choices are:

Stop paying and have a screwed credit file (they can do this as you did agree to it). If you are lucky(?) they will sell your debt to a DCA and you can negotiate a full and final settlement (or you could try that route with Cap1)

Carry on paying as if nothing has happened.

There is no point going to the FOS as they don't get involved with enforceability issues.

You could challenge them through the courts but that is fraught with danger because you would be the claimant and the burden of proof is on you.

As always, it is your choice which way to go.

fox

A slight development is that I've fallen two months behind on payments. I started my own business a few months back and money is currently tight. I expect I will be in a position to get on top of this shortly but now wonder if I should? I'm about 40 days and 70 days behind on two payments now, so my credit file will start to look shoddy anyhow! Monthly payments are about 350 so it is quite an outlay for me.

Given the size of the debt (and my current work commitments) I'm even half tempted to get someone to work on my behalf (I do recognise there is a cost associated with that).

I'm wondereding if I should now go the whole way not not pay and let them pursue me so its easier to take to court?

Thanks

NGJ78

• 3 weeks later...

the update from me is that i've not fallen about 3 months behind, and currently can't see how I can get back on track. Therefore I've decided I have to take them on as my credit score is on its way to being wrecked anyhow!

What is my next step? I'm being hounded by calls - now from one I believe to be a debt collection agency.

Do I write to them again disputing the CCA and stating again I want to put my account into dispute or do wait until they write to me?

Thanks

Nick.

Hi

Once you are 3 months behind, Cap1 are likely to send you a default notice giving you x amount of days to remedy the default. If you fail to do so, they will mark your credit file accordingly and that default stays on for 6 years.

If you think this "blip" in your finances will be temporary, you could contact them to negotiate or bite the bullet and go for unenforcability, suffering the 6 years of stuffed credit.

As the agreement they sent is duff, you could send them the A/C in dispute letter which is letter 9 here:

The Consumer Forums - Debt collectors

They will probably send the account to their in-house collectors first before flogging it on to a DCA

• 1 month later...

I take it they have sent you a default notice.

If so, can you post it up (minus the usual) and let someone rip it to pieces.

have a look at post 2282 here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/196312-invalid-default-notices-115.html

That post will tell you just how bad your default notice is