repair or refund for 42in plasma

royzor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6438 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,

i hope sum1 can help. my father purchased a 42in plasma from curry's in December 05, it broke in July 06. he telephoned the same day and was told they would have sum1 out within 48hrs to repair it. by the 3rd of Aug we where still waiting so we telephoned again and was told they where waiting for parts :confused: if they knew Wat part they needed i would understand this but they have not yet been out to see Wat part it needs. i then sent a letter giving them 7 days to repair or i would be claiming a full refund, i sent the letter was sent on 3rd Aug after i telephoned them, we are still waiting.

what rights does he have and Wat step should he take now? he is so annoyed that he just wants a refund. as he sent a letter giving them 7 days to repair can he now demand a refund?

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

did you use the spellchecker when you sent the letter? Otherwise currys may have had some problems with your spelling (this isn't a text message you can use the extra couple of characters).

I would go into the store you bought the television from and speak to the manager directly. Say that you have tried on numerous occasions to get your problem solved, have given them every chance to perform and now as is covered in the sale of goods act 1979 as ammended you want your statutory rights which is either a full refund, replacement or repair - they have failed on the repair and now you want either refund or repair.