JSA - Backdating Claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4252 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My experience is similar. I was made redundant on 09.09.09, and made my claim online on the 10.09.09. I heard nothing for a week, and then on 22nd September I called the JSA helpline as I was worried that I had made an error when making the claim, so I wanted to be sure. I was told by a nice advisor that I had indeed made my claim correctly and that the reason that this had not progressed further is due to the fact that nobody at their end had picked up my case and booked my initial appointment, he apologised and duly made my appointment for 23rd September. I attended this appointment, first with one member of staff to whom I explained my concern that I may not get the backdated money, I was assured that as this was their error, they would pay up. During the same appointment, I was taken to see a back to work advisor who authorised the backdated payment of my National Insurance Stamp and assured me that I didn't need to worry about my claim being backdated as this wouldn't be an issue.

Today 6th October, I receive a letter telling me that I will receive JSA and enclosed was a cheque for £18.38, this is for my JSA for 25th/26th September. They also advised that they will not backdate my JSA from the 10th September as I had 'not shown good cause for the delay in making my claim from 10th September to 20th September'. Apparently any entitlement for JSA is not paid for the first three days after claiming also.

How can this be my fault? I thought that I had done everything that I could and that was right, any ideas?

I have a form coming to me to complete to dispute this refusal of the backdated claim, but I am very annoyed that I have to plead with the DWP for what is rightly mine, especially when I feel that this is not my fault!

Liz

Surely if you made the claim online then you have proof of the date the claim was actually made, I'm afraid youll have to write to them and/or phone and tell them the date you made the claim. They often seem to make lots of cock ups, so stand your ground.

I got my JSA ok and it was backdated however im currently claiming Mortgage interest money for a home loan and this is going very slowly, I get letters from them asking for documents, (lease, etc) that they have previously already recieved, its letter ping pong but very slow !

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

HI I HAVE TO SAY TO YOU ,MY CASE IS JUST LIKE YOUR THE SAME BLA BLA ALL THE WAY. I MADE MY APPLICATION ONLINE TWO DAYS LATER I GOT THE CALL TO CONFIRM MY DETAILS

I WAITED FOT THE APPOINTMENT THAT NEVER CAME SO I DID CALL BUT APARENTLY THAT WAS NO APPLICATION ON THE SYSTEM ,BUT STRANGLY THEY NEW A CALL WAS MADE AND HALF WAY GOT DISCONECTED:???:

SO AFTER A ALL MOUNTH WAITING I MADE A NEW APOINTMET A MY JOB CENTRE ,ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT I HAD TO APPLY AGAIN AND I DID HAVING THE ADVISER SIGN THE AUTORIZATION FOR BACKDATED PAYMENT

JUST FOR THEM TO REFUSE:evil:

I HAVE I REF NUMBER FOR WHEM I APPLYED ONLINE , SO AT THIS MOMENT I AM ASKING THEM TO RECONSIDER MY APLICATION FOR BACK PAYMENT

BECAUSE I DONE ALL THE THINGS THAT I WAS SUPOSE TO I DONT SE THE REASON THEY SAY I DELAY MY APPLICATION

TAKE CARE

I originally claimed by ringing them and everything worked OK. Since then I've done a couple of rapid reclaims as I've had temp jobs and again, have rang them and its gone to plan.

I know it costs to ring but their online system certainly seems to cause people a lot of hassle. They shouldn't be using it if it doesn't work properly.

Hi,

My experience is similar. I was made redundant on 09.09.09, and made my claim online on the 10.09.09. I heard nothing for a week, and then on 22nd September I called the JSA helpline as I was worried that I had made an error when making the claim, so I wanted to be sure. I was told by a nice advisor that I had indeed made my claim correctly and that the reason that this had not progressed further is due to the fact that nobody at their end had picked up my case and booked my initial appointment, he apologised and duly made my appointment for 23rd September. I attended this appointment, first with one member of staff to whom I explained my concern that I may not get the backdated money, I was assured that as this was their error, they would pay up. During the same appointment, I was taken to see a back to work advisor who authorised the backdated payment of my National Insurance Stamp and assured me that I didn't need to worry about my claim being backdated as this wouldn't be an issue.

Today 6th October, I receive a letter telling me that I will receive JSA and enclosed was a cheque for £18.38, this is for my JSA for 25th/26th September. They also advised that they will not backdate my JSA from the 10th September as I had 'not shown good cause for the delay in making my claim from 10th September to 20th September'. Apparently any entitlement for JSA is not paid for the first three days after claiming also.

How can this be my fault? I thought that I had done everything that I could and that was right, any ideas?

I have a form coming to me to complete to dispute this refusal of the backdated claim, but I am very annoyed that I have to plead with the DWP for what is rightly mine, especially when I feel that this is not my fault!

Liz

I think the confusion here is that this is not backdating – there are no grounds for backdating here. It is simply a dispute over the date of claim. You need to ask for them to look at the decision again, specifically the issue of what was the date of claim, and if they do not change it, appeal to a tribunal.

Post by me are intended as a discussion of the issues involved, as these are of general interest to me and others on the forum. Although it is hoped such discussion will be of use to readers, before exposing yourself to risk of loss you should not rely on any principles discussed without confirming the situation with a qualified person.

The problem with Online forms is that you very seldom have proof that you completed it and sent it. The same applies when you raise a query through a website to send an email. Difficult to prove what you have sent.

The problem with Online forms is that you very seldom have proof that you completed it and sent it. The same applies when you raise a query through a website to send an email. Difficult to prove what you have sent.

For things like this I now tend to do a screen print of the online form, prior to sending, and/or print to a PDF (CutePDF as it was free). That way I always pretty much know what was said and when

I suppose you 'could' then email the screen print/PDF back to yourself at the same time to 'prove' the date too - although, so far, I've not gone that far :-D

As for me, happy to help out. I am not a Landlord, but I have been in the past. I am not an Agent, but I have been in the past. I am, therefore, a has been, so always seek independent and suitably qualified advice elsewhere before relying upon whatever has been posted here :-)