Pensions Discussion

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am starting this topic in the Bear Garden but if anyone feels there is a more appropriate forum on the CAG site please say.

It seems the Conservative agenda is to raise the start date for the state pension for men to age 66 in 2016 I believe, and 'maybe' age 63 for women. The encouragement for the worker is that you will be able to work longer earning full wages. The economic argument is saving money on not paying out state pensions earlier and so saving the treasury money. My question is whether you are lucky enough to have a job at this time of your life and if not, what happens then? I think it's marvelous it is decided we will all be spring chickens busying away at jobs but is that the reality? Will employers be so enthusiastic?

A Labour Government want to defer this decision for I believe some years after 2016. Do we have some thoughts and interest on this subject?

Hi CB,

mmmm, It seems age 68 is now on the agenda so maybe the cunning plan is to make people wait so long eventually the pill won't be so hard to swallow when they say 'how d'you feel if we stop it completely.'

Those Of Us Who Still Have Ocupational Pensions,

How Come After The Maxwell Biz,

Companies Stll Dip Into Pension Funds And Not Make Payments Into The Pension Fund For Years

Royal Mail

Pension Defecit 9.5 Billion

Not Paid In For 12 Years

Just An Example

They Are All At It

Bleed It Dry Then Close The Pension Fund All Togeather

Those Of Us Who Still Have Ocupational Pensions,

How Come After The Maxwell Biz,

Companies Stll Dip Into Pension Funds And Not Make Payments Into The Pension Fund For Years

Royal Mail

Pension Defecit 9.5 Billion

Not Paid In For 12 Years

Just An Example

They Are All At It

Bleed It Dry Then Close The Pension Fund All Togeather

What is with all the capitals?

Eventually euthanasia will become a topical subject. ;)

Paradoxically, future generations will be crippled by the debt of paying for health care to allow peeps to live longer...which will enable them to able to claim more pension, which peeps can't afford to sustain cos they are paying for health care...:rolleyes:

:confused:

Does anyone know what happens with wound up funds?

Had a letter about 15 months ago via L&G stating that my previous employers fund was something i.r.o 120 million in deficit and subject to winding up order........ had bugger all since

Not that I'm panicking (much) but the last statement I had in 2007 showed circa 78k in annuity fund

Gez

Vince Cable Lib Dem Treasury spokesman has written an article in today's MOS. Women will pay the price for austerity. He mentions Young Civil servants recruited only a few years ago look forward to a full pension at age 60 as far away as 2045, while people on low or average pay will have to work longer for a modest pension. A growing gulf is opening up in the public sector between the gold plated, index-linked pensions of top civil service mandarins, quango bosses, judges, Ministers and MP's, and the inadequate state pension.

In the private sector there is a similar golf between bosses sitting on a generous pension pot - subsidised, with higher rate tax relief, by other tax payers - and the remainder of the workforce with a poor occupational pension or none at all.

Just to mention Termi, that the retirement age for women is already scheduled to rise to the age of 65 so that men are not unfairly disadvantaged, especially as the weaker sex tend to die younger than women, so have a shorter retirement.

My final salary pension scheme is currently under review due to retired members living longer so eating into the contributions of those currently paying into the scheme. In order to enjoy the same benefits when we retire we have to pay more, or keep paying the same but get less later.

I would also add that there are many instances where medical intervention is keeping old people alive for longer, but their quality of life makes that, at best, a mixed blessing. In some cases it's down right cruel to keep people alive longer than nature intended.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

All These Pensions Funds That Are In Trouble

Royal Mail Is In Defecit Of 9.5 Billion In Its Pension Fund

The Assetts Of The Pension Company Is About 20 Billion

Ime Talking Paintings

Country Houses

Etc Etc

Paid For By Members Contrabutions

Look At The Rover Pension Assetts

Same Thing

All These Pensions Funds That Are In Trouble

Royal Mail Is In Defecit Of 9.5 Billion In Its Pension Fund

The Assetts Of The Pension Company Is About 20 Billion

Ime Talking Paintings

Country Houses

Etc Etc

Paid For By Members Contrabutions

Look At The Rover Pension Assetts

Same Thing

Erm...

sorry about the capitals

keep putting off going to the optician

keep badgering me if you will be so kind

Click Here

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar