• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

FLM Loans - Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I foolishly took out a loan with FLM loans in October 2007, which was an exceptionally stupid thing to do on my part.

My payment was expected to go out on 1st October, which was declined by my bank for £151, **edit here for possible defamatory content**

They phoned today, and I explained I could pay them in five days time, and that in fairness they had got a big chunk of the money, it was hardly like I had avoided paying completely. They have applied several charges to my account in the past, and they have whacked on another late payment charge for this month, at £20 plus a £7 "letter fee."

Do I have grounds to reclaim these fees, and can I put the account in dispute to stop them making any more changes until I have paid the outstanding amount on the account?

Hope this doesn't sound too jumbled.

Regards,

Andy

Edited by benham3160

Here are some details of their consumer credit licence details taken from the OFT website.

This may be subject to change and so the details here are as they appeared on the date of this post.

For latest info at any time vist the CCA register http://www2.crw.gov.uk/pr/default.aspx and search on licence no. 0557709

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0557709

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

Business NameCompany Registration NumberFinancial Processing UK Ltd4841153

Licence Notes:

EvtStageOpen DateNotes24Minded To Revoke07/04/2008

Categories:

Consumer credit Consumer hire Credit brokerage Credit reference agency Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:Yes

Trading Name(s) (Current):

24/7 Debtline Credit Counselling Organisation Debt Help UK Debtline F.P. UK F.P.C. FDM Financial Processing Centre Financial Processing UK FLM Freshstart Freshstart Debt Management Freshstart Mortgages Harvey Sturt Individual Finance MacDonald Wright Morrison Clarke

Trading Name(s) (Historic):

Freshstart loans Hudson Sturt Hudson Sturt Associates Loan Line

Issued Date: 05-Aug-2004

Expiry Date: 04-Aug-2009

Legal Formation:

Body Corporate (incorporated inside UK)

Current Individuals that run the organisation:

NamePositionCatriona Allyson Patterson Marc John Biles Rachid James Benamor

Nature of Business:

Credit Agreements/loans (linked) Investment/Financial Advisers

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceWalton House, 56-58, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EXPrincipal Place Of Business56-58, Richmond Hill, BOURNEMOUTH, Dorset, BH2 6EX, United KingdomRegistered OfficeWalton House, 56-58, Richmond Hill, BOURNEMOUTH, BH2 6EX, United Kingdom

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressCorrespondenceSuite 4, Richmond House, Yelverton Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 1DAPrincipal Place Of BusinessGranville Chambers, 21 Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6BJPrincipal Place Of BusinessGranville Chambers, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BHPrincipal Place Of BusinessGranville Chambers, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6BJPrincipal Place Of BusinessWaltin House, 56-58, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EXPrincipal Place Of BusinessWalton House, 56-58, Richmond Hill, BOURNEMOUTH, BH2 6EX, United KingdomPrincipal Place Of BusinessWalton House, 56-58, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EXRegistered Office16, Bourne Court, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6DTRegistered OfficeGranville Chambers, 21 Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6BJRegistered OfficeGranville Chambers, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BHRegistered OfficeWalton House, 56-58, Richmond Hill, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH2 6EX

"subbing" i too have a loan with flm and they wont give any leeway if you having problems and contact your guarantor, I wrote about these last year when i was having problems but never posted my agreement, if i do that now can someone look over it for me please.

I know up till last year their license had been minded to revoke but if its now the case its been fully revoked are they still able to continue as lenders and collect monies owed, watching with interest.

Hi guys,

I too took a loan out . Regardless of whether they hold a Consumer Credit License, their Credit Agreement may represent an unfair relationship.

1) It does look very much like an application form.

2) Monthly Repayment of 10% of outstanding balance?

3) The Credit Advance contains a Fee and also attracts interest. This is wrong.

4) They wrote to customers informing them that they would only ever be collecting the intereest for future repayments.

5) They advertise it as a short term loan but on the agreement it is classed as Revolving Credit Agreement.

6) There are no other terms and conditiosn which explain the APR variability, timing of repayments. It leaves the Customer wondering exactly just when they are going to finally repay the loan.

I am contacting the FSA, to find out if they do have a current license and also complain to the FO and report the poor documentation and the fact that it does not follow Consumer Credit Act regulations means that it leaves the customer with an unfair advantage.

I'm going to put my one in this morning, I might throw a SAR in too, just to find out exactly what they have been charging me.

As part of the SAR, can I request copies of letters that I have been sent?

I phoned the OFT with regards to their CCL status, allegedly FLM are currently appealing the decision, so are allowed to trade until an ultimate resolution is reached.

I'm sure the more who complain out the unfair terms in their CCA, the less favourably they will be looked upon.

Regards,

Andy

I'm going to put my one in this morning, I might throw a SAR in too, just to find out exactly what they have been charging me.

As part of the SAR, can I request copies of letters that I have been sent?

I phoned the OFT with regards to their CCL status, allegedly FLM are currently appealing the decision, so are allowed to trade until an ultimate resolution is reached.

I'm sure the more who complain out the unfair terms in their CCA, the less favourably they will be looked upon.

Regards,

Andy

hi if you sar them request all details they hold on you including data and telephone calls, they have to give you everything and have 40days to reply. cca on way from me too, bliddy typical the rogues can keep trading innit, i knwo the license was minded to revoke so anyone else reading this get them complaints in to..

They have treated me so unfairly, it's unreal. They went though a stage last year of debiting loan amounts twice with nothing more than a cursory "sorry, happens dunnit" but if you make a payment three days late, (when they took the majority of the money on the correct day) they really make you feel like a criminal.

Not only that, they charge me 59.9% APR, hardly like they are not getting their "pound of flesh" is it?

Regards,

Andy

yeah i know what u mean when i first went off sick earlier in the year i asked if i could reduce payments or god forbid miss a month just till i got back to work their reply was if you cant pay it we will take it from your guarantor which is what i signed up for but being self employed my guarantor was struggling to pay his mortgage let alone my loan he had to change his card details to stop them, hence they are such gits on the phone was getting fed up being pestered with texts at 7am to remind me to pay, like who the hell could forget these vultures would love to do em. lets go for the jugular!!!!!!

Speak of the devil, they have just phoned me....

Paraphrased:

"Hi, this is FLM"

"Hello"

"Firstly, sorry for not phoning you back yesterday"

"Okay"

"Can you make a payment"

"No, as I keep telling you, I will phone you, and pay you on Monday"

"Can anybody else may the payment...."

"I'm not entering into that conversation, I will pay you on Monday"

"You will have another charge"

"I will deal with the charges in writing"

"The charges will still stand"

"I will deal with the charges in writing"

This continues for a while, with me answering "I will deal with the charges in writiing."

"The charges will still stand."

"I will deal with the charges in writing."

"I will phone you on Monday"

"Do not call me, I will call you, and pay on Monday"

"Make sure you do, or I will phone again.... Goodbye...."

Put on my very serious "firm" voice too, I dare them to call again before Tuesday now lol

Regards,

Andy

CCA request submitted recorded post this afternoon.

I await it to drop though my door in the next twelve days lol

Regards,

Andy

good on ya cant wait to see what turns up not had time to do mine yet will be winging its way tomorow tho,

emailing jb doenst do anything one of his minions will call you quoting everything they want you to hear not listening to what your saying and goin round in circles, been there lol

as for secret millionaire he gave away the least money on the programme and strange how he helped drug fuelled angry teens, now we know who is on the other end of the darn fone lol:p

lets all cca them and see what collectively comes back

This the copy of the CCA I received from FLM this morning:

FLMLETTER-1.jpg

It is absolutely illegible, I have phoned them and advised them of this.

You can not make out any of the small print, and it's been printed on a letterheaded page, rather than plain paper so it also obscures the stuff printed at the bottom.

Any pointers, they have said they will send me out another legible copy.

Regards,

Andy

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi tigs, you will have to look it up on the CCA or OFT website I think.. I will have a look and see. Last time I looked it was minded to revoke and I asked the OFT what stage it was at.. they never did tell me although they acknowledged my request.

Licence Notes:

EvtStageOpen DateNotes24Favourable Determination16/11/2009 24Requirement Obtained16/11/2009 24Minded to Impose Conduct Requirement(s)13/07/2009 24Minded To Revoke07/04/2008

Licence Notes:

EvtStageOpen DateNotes24Favourable Determination16/11/2009 24Requirement Obtained16/11/2009 24Minded to Impose Conduct Requirement(s)13/07/2009 24Minded To Revoke07/04/2008

Hi Spammers I have a loan with flm what does your post mean?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks