• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Leeds Christmas Meet - 20th November 2009 - 6 pm - Wetherspoons - North Concourse, Leeds City Station

hilaryfrances
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5168 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm sure if I had gone to Leeds my £200.00 Nokia phone would not have been pickpocketed. All of you that had my mobile number, please note you can't get me on it now and I did not keep another copy of yours, so can you pm me your mobile no's again and I will be able to wish you merry christmas when the time comes.

If my post helped you feel better, click my scales.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HF that is no excuse!!

You organised it and should have been there 'til the bitter end...:rolleyes::p (or at least until the guinness ran out :D)

Now... one or two things I need to mention with regards to culture differences having ventured North of the Watford Gap...

Nobody told me that it's only men who wear trousers in Leeds...TBH when I looked for the little girls room I expected a flat cap on the mens door and a headscarf on the ladies :eek:

also, another difference that you might have warned me about is that one must sit on the floor to eat ones ham and chips when you go up t'north...:rolleyes:

My sides are still aching after the 'letters after my name' comment and now I'm really disappointed I had mine set aside...:(

(BTW what happened to the drinkls I won after the 'Voddy Chess game'?) :confused:

'Twas a great night out and I've started saving for the next one... I know where I can lay my hands on a left over Newkie Brown and a bottle of champagne...:D :D

Lovely to meet all you tremendous peeps... didn't get to see any of the photies though.... probably just as well... the mutilated muffin was horrendous enough...:eek::p...

Great night out... well worth it... :):D:)

Edited by Spamalot
Cos I can..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They say money talks......mine just keeps saying "Goodbye"

:p

I was surprised to be there myself Hils, but soooo glad to have had a pass out for the night. :D 'Twas great to meet one of the old YB family, especially seeing as you got all those letters after your name!! roflmao

It was lovely to see you all up 'ere in Leeds, just soooooooo sorry that some didn't or couldn't come!!!

:D

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:p

Except for the one of my ***** !!!!:evil: Anyway Hunni's are far better than mine! :p

????:confused:

Jan, sorry to have missed you this morning. Spam and I had to beat a hasty retreat for an appointment with Ronald before getting early(ish) trains home. I thought Rooster was there when I heard Termi's alarm!! :lol:

We is still parttttttttttying!!!

I have to say last night which was not only the best laugh I've had in a very long time, but had some fab company, not least Hunni's lovely Dad. Thanks Jan for your generosity of "spirit":D,

A million thanks to all those who were there and made the night so special. It's one I won't forget in a very long time. The true spirit of CAG is alive and kicking, and those banks and DCA's had better not rest on their laurels!!

As usual Smurfee's very accident prone, but it's nothing new there, a very typical CAG meet :rolleyes: She fell out of bed first, sent everything flying, then hit her head on the ceiling, GAWD knows how she managed that, 'cos us taller peeps always managed to duck :confused:

Note to self, must buy Tills a crash helmet in time for next CAG meet:D

xxxxxxxx

PS Message to Ja-de - You really should remember not to wear light trousers next time you go to a CAG meet.

Yep, it's twice I've had something thrown at me, having set off wearing 'White' trousers, & gone home with 'Brownish' stains:eek:, yukkkkk . Me thinks I'm gonna stick to black from now on. :lol:

:rolleyes: pmsl

Edited by ja-de

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I thought we were playing draughts! tsk :D

Yes you are right!! It was draughts... I still won though...:p I believe you excelled at the blow football... but that prize was nowhere near as prestigious as the draughts one..:rolleyes::D

I see the 'party animals' have been conspicuous by their abscence since Friday with only ja-de checking in safe and sound...

One wonders if that pizza and kebab from the unsavoury looking take away has had an undesired effect!! :shock::shock:

Anyhoo... I just wanted to say.... as I forgot at the time...:oops:...

Merry Christmas.. :D

Fancy not saying it at the Christmas meet..:eek::rolleyes:.... sorry...:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

was my fist CAG meet..... I can see this being the first of many!:rolleyes:

Had a great time, good company, lots of laughs ( and plenty of drinks!) just sorry I had to dash off earlier than I would have liked..... Next time... I'm staying! lol.:D

Thanks to all btw... my dad had a brilliant time... said he hasn't enjoyed himself so much for years!:)

Except for the one of my ***** !!!!:evil: Anyway Hunni's are far better than mine! :p :-o I dread to imagine Caro! lol

My fight so far:

hunni2006 V Halifax Bank: Charges £963.11 refunded nov 2006:D

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

:DLearning more, every day.....

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

was my fist CAG meet..... I can see this being the first of many!:rolleyes: Ditto :)

Had a great time, good company, lots of laughs ( and plenty of drinks!) just sorry I had to dash off earlier than I would have liked..... Next time... I'm staying! lol.:D

Thanks to all btw... my dad had a brilliant time... said he hasn't enjoyed himself so much for years!:)

Except for the one of my ***** !!!!:evil: Anyway Hunni's are far better than mine! :p :-o I dread to imagine Caro! lol

Lovely to meet you and your dad Hunni.. :).. I must admit the company was brilliant and it was great to put faces to names at last..

Meeting the CAG icon **Tilly**, the cagged crusader Consumer dude and the jiggling nappy man was just awe inspiring... :razz:

It was a wonderful surprise to see Caro there.... we knew the old bat was gonna turn up (but then you can't have everything...;):D) and with Jan, termi and Ja-de as well it turned out to be a really good mix...

Shame we never found out what happened to Mr Worried... it was his idea after all!! :shock:

Can't wait for the next one.. :D:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lovely to meet you and your dad Hunni.. :).. I must admit the company was brilliant and it was great to put faces to names at last.. great to meet you too, though you really didn't have to get on your knees!:p:D

Meeting the CAG icon **Tilly**, the cagged crusader Consumer dude and the jiggling nappy man was just awe inspiring... :razz: that's one way to put it!;):D seriously though, everyone was great, just sorry I had to get off so early.... next time though..... lol

It was a wonderful surprise to see Caro there.... we knew the old bat was gonna turn up (but then you can't have everything...;):D) and with Jan, termi and Ja-de as well it turned out to be a really good mix... couldn't put it better myself!:)

Shame we never found out what happened to Mr Worried... it was his idea after all!! :shock: yes, that's an odd one.... I hope he wasn't sat at the other end of the pub all night waiting for us!:|

Can't wait for the next one.. :D:D Me neither! just busy trying to see if I can squeeze in the Oxford meet aswell.....

:)

oops, nearly forgot....

Merry Christmas!!!!

Edited by hunni2006
forgot the last bit... duh!

My fight so far:

Cabot financial V hunni2006: defending court summons, ongoing... July 09 :-x:-x:-x don't even get me started about them....grrr still battling

hunni2006 V Capital One: SA request & CCA issued, ongoing.. July 09 OC 'checking the archives...' Sept 09, no agreement, files closed!:D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< please feel free to tip my scales if I've been helpful!

I have No legal training, any opinions and advice posted are entirely my own opinion, and based on life experiences and knowledge gained on this great site. Ultimately, what you do is up to you.

Thanks to all btw... my dad had a brilliant time... said he hasn't enjoyed himself so much for years!:-)

I'm glad he enjoyed himself. Did his walking stick turn up or had it been nicked?

I'm going to Oxford so might see you there.

We do seem to have all forgotten it was a Christmas do! Happy Christmas all.

Jan

I'm glad he enjoyed himself. Did his walking stick turn up or had it been nicked? Nope, someone had it away....:-x:-x can't believe it can you?

I'm going to Oxford so might see you there. I'm working on it!;)

We do seem to have all forgotten it was a Christmas do! Happy Christmas all.

Jan

My fight so far:

hello Hunni your dad is brilliant, he said to us on the qt that he had come with you because he was worried about you meeting peeps you did not know. I cant believe someone pinched his walking stick. Have you rung Wetherspoons to see if it was handed in?

Can you tell me were your thread is so I can read it as I meant what I said about coming to court with you.

Can you tell me were your thread is so I can read it as I meant what I said about coming to court with you.

Just poking my nose in... :D

The thread might be this one Hils..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/202646-cabot-financila-vanquis-cc-9.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Soz for not posting sooner peeps, am currently busy, busy, busy, what with the Supreme Court Hearing decision tomorrow + also sorting work stuff out regarding possible large scale job losses + potential industrial action being taken over safety cut-back issues. :(

...Don't U just hate it when the serious grown up stuff interrupts the jovial banter etc + the reminding to some peeps that they shouldn't believe their own publicity at the sake of the greater good. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, just a quickie visit to say...

If any of the attendees at the Leeds CAG Meet would like copies of all the piccies that were taken on the night, would U please PM me your E-mail addy + I will send them onto U. It will probs take me a day or 2 but U will get them eventually + certainly by the end of the week.

I also bring your attention to the following link...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/cag-meets/153218-taking-your-camera-cag.html

...+ trust that peeps can also act discretely if they feel the need to post the piccies elsewhere on the internet.

Btw...I never knew that soooo many peeps enjoyed a tipple of ye o'Newcastle Brown?? :eek::p

• Haha 1

HI TO ALL

Just thought I'd offer my appologies for not making the meet, considering I was the one that started the thread, then gladly handed it over to Tilley.

I was not at home from last Thursday eve, things went a bit pearshaped on the debt front and my OH flipped, so I thought better to give it a miss and grovel from the shed for a few days, till now, I'm back at home so I shall be scouring the forum for the next few days reading up on the threads and posts.

I am glad you all had a cracking time, cant wait to see the photos.

Cheers

Mr W

Regards..Mr Worried :)

Sounds like a good time was had by all, I'm fed up I missed it but never mind, will have to wait for the next one in this area again :)

Are we going to see any pics of the Cag reprobates off the leash and hammered? :p Oh go on, I could do with a giggle :D