Please help..How do i fix my touchpad on my acer 5738z????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After a while, when i use the touchpad on my laptop..The arrow neer goes to where i want it too and makwa sudden movements all over the screen and it takes ALOT of effort to get it to where i want it..Sometime fter restarting the lappy it fixes itself but it comes back

I know you can download drivs but i don't know where to go or what to download

Could anyone PLEASSEEE give me a step by step on how to rid my laptop of this most annoying problem..I have an acer aspire 5738z

I really appreciate the help..

thanks

I'll have a look on their website now and get back to you.

:!: Any advice given is from my own personal experience and should always be backed up by a professional :!:

:lol:If my post was helpful to you, please click my scales :lol:

Okay I've found two updated drivers, but I need to know which one you have already, if you can find a logo in your taskbar (bottom right of windows bar) that maybe changes colour (looks like a touchpad actually), put your mouse cursor over it and some text should be displayed on it, it will either read "Synaptics Pointing Device" or "ALPS Pointing Device".

Once you know this, I can get a link for the updated drivers for you and give you info on how to install.

:!: Any advice given is from my own personal experience and should always be backed up by a professional :!:

I also need which operating system you have, like Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit for example.

it i the synapc pointing device..suld i delete any drivers i tried to download? or will it not matter...thanks again

Don't bother, the new ones will overwrite the older ones. No worries.

Okay, click Start and in the search box type "dxdiag" and hit enter.

A window will come up with a Yes or No option, click Yes and a large window will then open with a lot of information on it, in the center of this box it will have "Current Date/Time: 06th October 2009...."

"Computer Name"

and "Operating System: Windows Vista..."

Inform me of what it says in the Opertaing System part and I can send you the link to download.

wow...that is cool lol..ok so it says windowsvista home premium (6.0,build 6001)

I am not sure if you are familiar with this acer laptop but it says hdmi on it, so If i bought a hhdmi cable I could watc the laptop on the tv? But do you know what other wire i need (for the sound)...and do i just plug them both in to which bit?...sorry that was an additionl query lol

again thank you thanyou !

Well, as long as your TV has a HDMI port on it, just plug it in and it should carry the sound over too, no need for a second audio input, but you may have to configure your laptop and TV to enable the sound via HDMI.

Okay, I have the download link and instructions, I'll PM them to you very shortly.

oo okay...is the enabling ofsound a long process..because i could gt the hdmi and then maybe ask for help or you could tell me now if it not too long to say?I have a flat screen tv so i assume it has a hdmi cable...but it is not hd? is that completely irrelevant?...lol

It must be a HDMI enabled TV, if it is it will have "HD Ready" written somewhere on the front of the TV itself, if you see a sticker with it on or anything like that, then it should work just fine.

SOME TV's don't need any more setup than just plugging in the cable, Samsung & Sony TV's are pretty good for "self setup", they detect what is plugged into them, and adjust settings automatically. So you may get lucky! ;)

Hey thanks for getting the info..Well i downloaded the drive..It is still quite flaky, the touchpad sometimes works ok but after a while you gotta drag it that bit extra..Any other ideas? Everytime i start up the lap it says do i want to have this synac thing work and you can pres ok or cancel?I press ok