Payplan or CCCS for debt management plan?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5098 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank you very much Sequenci - my point exactly but much more concisely! :D

The ironic thing is that it is largely the unreaonable behaviour in the pursuit of the debts that started me (and I am sure many others) on the road to more than simply the administration of them ......:rolleyes:

If the many and varied creditors had simply responded to my original requests to come to an arrangement to ensure that I could survive whilst paying back all my liabilities in a favourable manner I would probably have never found CAG or decided to stand up for myself! :cool:

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

Note, I'd CCA's them all too and none apperared to have a valid CCA so that may have swayed them into accepting lower payments too.

and your still paying them!! why?

The reason for this is very simple, having an unenforceable CCA doesnt stop any company demanded payment, Im well aware that if I send a 'in dispute' letter, I will be chased by the companies involved for the full amount, be chased by various DCA's, have defaults issued on my Credit Record and also risk them taking court action against me (remember there have been cases where despite having no CCA judges have still favoured the credit card company), I'm avoiding all of that for the sake of a few quid each month, of course I may in the long term have to start the dispute path, I'm well aware of what it involves but I'm avoiding the hassle of it at the moment for an easy life, since the token payments of £1 have been agreed they have left me alone.

Andy

Thank you very much Sequenci - my point exactly but much more concisely! :D

The ironic thing is that it is largely the unreaonable behaviour in the pursuit of the debts that started me (and I am sure many others) on the road to more than simply the administration of them ......:rolleyes:

If the many and varied creditors had simply responded to my original requests to come to an arrangement to ensure that I could survive whilst paying back all my liabilities in a favourable manner I would probably have never found CAG or decided to stand up for myself! :cool:

Couldnt agree more, it was Egg's continual rising of my interest rate that lead me to investigating Payplan, CCA's and the joys of the CAG forum :)

Andy

Currently they are down four figures overall with me and counting (written off rather than in my hand but all good!) :p

If they actually did operate both their lending and recovery activities in a more responsible and responsive manner rather than the sledgehammer approach they mainly take there would be less debt problems (Any one of a number of my creditors should have been making me look at this around 2 years sooner than I did rather than lending yet more to a deteriorating risk) and more money repaid (we are actually mainly "cannot pay at the rate you are demanding" rather than can't pays or won't pays!! :mad::evil::evil:).

Still, they often appear to be spectacularly competent at mucking it up once you start standing up to them so not all bad...... :cool:

MJC 007.5 :cool:

Advice or opinions offered by mjc 007.5 are personal, offered in good faith and without prejudice or liability. Your decisions and actions are your own and should you be in any doubt then please seek the opinion of a fully qualified and insured professional

:) If you think I have helped you please feel free to click on my scales :)

The reason for this is very simple, having an unenforceable CCA doesnt stop any company demanded payment, Im well aware that if I send a 'in dispute' letter, I will be chased by the companies involved for the full amount, be chased by various DCA's, have defaults issued on my Credit Record and also risk them taking court action against me (remember there have been cases where despite having no CCA judges have still favoured the credit card company), I'm avoiding all of that for the sake of a few quid each month, of course I may in the long term have to start the dispute path, I'm well aware of what it involves but I'm avoiding the hassle of it at the moment for an easy life, since the token payments of £1 have been agreed they have left me alone.

Andy

Care to read some of my threads!! - if the dca's companies involved ahd acted in a REASONABLE manner then I would gladly pay what I owe, however with their heavyhanded one size fits all approach, they have forced me into taking action.

defaults yes plenty, court case yes, hassle NO

Care to read some of my threads!! - if the dca's companies involved ahd acted in a REASONABLE manner then I would gladly pay what I owe, however with their heavyhanded one size fits all approach, they have forced me into taking action.

defaults yes plenty, court case yes, hassle NO

i'd consider it hassle !

Hi

I have had experience of paying into Payplan DMP for the past year now, and I understand that CCCS are pretty similar to them. However, as I have always said, Payplans service has always been spot on. Always dealing with queries, letters, phone calls that I received.

I read a post above about doing your own informal, however I did that before going to Payplan, and I really struggled to find the time to write to each of my creditors and sort out payments as well as deal with all the letters sent to me (I work FT and couldnt find the time). However, since Ive been with Payplan, they have sorted everything on my behalf - it really does take away some of the pressure being in a DMP.

As loobyloo says both CCCS and Payplan are both very similar in what they do, both are free DMP companies. One of the deciding factors for me was the plan was arranged and up and running quickly. CCCS could only offer me a telephone meeting about 4 weeks after my initial contact.

Payplan last week completed step 3 and already one of my creditors have frozen interest, stopped charges and telephone calls from most creditors have stopped.

Once you have your PayPlan ref no you can very quickly get through to an adviser, all of them I have talked to have have been very professional.

Definitely recommend Payplan

Squidward

Edited by squidward

Thank you to everyone who has given me feedback and views on what to do, most helpful!

Just to update on where I am at, I had a phone appointment with a Payplan adviser at the start of the week, he went away with all the facts and figures and rang me back yesterday with the recommendation that I go for a DMP and I will have it all paid off in 3 years, based on the hopeful anticipation that all creditors will agree to freeze the interest. They are sending me the paperwork etc.. and I am in the processes of carrying out bank account changes etc at present.

Assuming the I get the paperwork in the next few days, I have been very impressed with the service from payplan, they arranged an appointment for me within a week of my initial call, the counsellor was fantastic, he gave me honest and well thought out feedback having taken the time to go away and consider my financials, he was most flexible when I had to re-arrange the time of his second call with me due to other commitments I had and above all made me feel as though I will get help from them and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! He also outlined the support and assistance that I can expect from a dedicated case officer and their web-site which is exactly what I was looking for.

Of course, like most people in this situation I am nervous of what lies ahead but I feel like I can handle it now and don't feel like a criminal anymore! As I said to the counsellor I do want to pay back what I owe but due to cuts in my finances I cannot afford to pay it back on the terms the Creditors are requesting.

Anyway....as for CCCS, they never sent me the paperwork following my call with their counsellor over a week and a half ago and I was told I'd get it on email! I'm sure they work well for other people and I do support what they do but they're not for me on this occasion.

I will update again with any feedback once I am in the thick of the process! But thanks again for all the advice - this site is great!:)

Hi - I've just started the ball rolling this week with CCCS for them to admin a DMP. I found them excellent on the phone and even got my telephone meeting the same day and the information was e-mailed to me within a couple of hours. I just hope that the creditors will accept the proposed reduced payments and stop interest! I'm feeling very upset about it because I keep getting lots of telephone calls from Barclaycard on my mobile and at work which I have managed to ignore up to now. However, they have now written to me stating that the debt will be referred to a debt collection agency who will visit my home if I don't pay. Does anyone know if this will happen once I have started the DMP through CCCS? If they accept the payments will the harrassment stop? Also, if I'm paying a DMP could I still claim back bank and credit card charges because this could offset the debt if successful? Would really appreciate some guidance as it is all very confusing and sorry if this is in the wrong place but it's the first time I've used this site. :confused:

• 6 months later...

Hi Im a newbie so hope this is in correct place!. I have just joined a DMP with CCCS and they have been brilliant. So far all 4 companies have agreed, just waiting for MINT to decide (have loan and credit card) so hopefully will be up and runnng very soon. One interesting thing that has occurred is that HSBC wrote a very strange letter asking for my signature as it wasnt on their file? I rang them to ask what they meant and she first of all said it wasnt on my file, then changed story to say it didnt agree and would I go to any HSBC Bank, quote my credit card number and give them a new signature? She also insinuated that the DMP agreement was reliant on this happening but I got their agreement next day so this was also untrue. I have had this credit card for over 20 years and have never defaulted so would appreciate any advice as to what this all means?